Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 11:38 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Let me suggest one more thing spiritual gifts do. They assure the person that God is working in their lives, making Him more real to them He always gives us something to do that is beyond our ability.

When I was in college I mad a vow that if I ever graduated, I would never read another book. I did graduate and I kept that vow until I was saved. Now for 35+ years I have not only read the Bible, I have studied it and I now teach adults in Sunday School. My wife said me reading anything, but especially the Bible and then teaching it, was a bigger miracle than God parting the Red Sea.

Now most who read this will see it as an amusing story, probably exaggerated, but to me it is the assurance that God did it , which make Him much more real to me.
Not completely and absolutely true...

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,
and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

--------------------------2 Thessalonians 2:9--10

Even your so called mythological satan can display signs and wonders to deceive even the greatest believers who do not LOVE the truth.

Then the Second Thessalonian says--

For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

So "gifts"are not the last word as PROOF of salvation--as there is NO WAY TO PROVE who is and who is not aligned with GOD. Lest we all JUDGE what is righteousness and what is not.

Only the God I know is able to decided who loves the truth.

Notice the word LOVE,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 11:39 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
God's Fellow Workers
1Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly — as infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready,…

1 Corinthians 9~~~How to study the law and how to find the beauty in all the law as one who walks as Jesus walked.

8Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? 12If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. 13Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:41 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God.
For it is written: Vengeance is mine (Romans 12:19).

Now, that's spiritually edifying.

Some things flow "naturally" from the heart.
And they don't have to be forced, or justified.

You don't have to be, or take a "Christian" Assessment Test.
Although, it might be helpful when selecting volunteers.

But woe to you who score higher than the Pastor/teachers.

(Just a few thoughts)

Let me add a thought you are not familiar with.

There is no test. They are called spiritual GIFTS because they are gifts that God's Holy Spirit gives to Christians, for free.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:43 AM

Anyone who thinks Hitler and the Nazi's were Christians, is deluded.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I kinda thought that would be included in #'s 1 & 3.
you are probably right.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And you know that you know that you know. Peace
Right.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
If Hitler claimed to be christian, who are we to judge?

Were the people involved in the crusades christian?

People who fought the civil war?

People who fought WWI? WWII? Vietnam?

Can any military claim to be christian or fighting with god on their side?

Even the Muslims say god is on their side...

Old 08-29-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
All those German Christians were deluded and I don't think they knew exactly what was happening but a great case was made against the Jews that would stand up in any Christian court. What Constantine said about Jews and the laws and hatred that came to Jews were no doubt a beginning of genocide because these laws made them as dogs in the eyes of the Christian world and however bad it was in Constantine's day, it was just as bad or worse a thousand years later with Martin Luther. The racism and hatred of Jews or for that matter, anyone who kept the commandments of God were despised even to look at, laws so that they couldn't own land along with being tortured and killed, and your children forced into religion by a sword, and all this came from Christians, out right hatred of Jews and nobody was hiding it. Hitler used the words of Martin Luther, the great Christian father and it doesn't matter whether it be Protestant or Catholic, to be a Jew in the hands of either of these is genocide.

Hitler didn't come to the stage unprepared, he had 2000 years of hatred and persecution against the Jews by the church fathers themselves from Constantine to Martin Luther unto this very day, people still see Jews with an evil eye today.. Leaders are outright calling for the genocide of all Israel and the world pretends it doesn't hear.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:00 PM

Kasich Proposes New Government Agency To Promote Judeo-Christian Values

As part of a broad national security plan to defeat ISIS, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich proposed creating a new government agency to push Judeo-Christian values around the world.

Is this not what the christian world is accusing Muslims of trying to do??????

Old 08-29-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
kasich proposes new government agency to promote judeo-christian values

as part of a broad national security plan to defeat isis, republican presidential candidate john kasich proposed creating a new government agency to push judeo-christian values around the world.

Is this not what the christian world is accusing muslims of trying to do??????
lol>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity