Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 10:46 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jimmie - Please tell me how on the one hand you believe man can do nothing of his own self due to his rebellion towards God and in enmity towards God then on the other hand expect that man in that condition to repent ?. A man turns to God by the goodness of God made known to him.... In other words he sees God how Jesus who is the exact representation conveyed him and in seeing God for how he really as a change in mind and heart.

Read Romans 2 verse 4 and learn something that is not straight from the evangelical book of biases and prejudices.
You misrepresent my beliefs.

All have sinned. For God so loved the world... Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out... Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance.

I have no problem with Romans 2:4. God is patient and desires that no one perish.

Now, where do you get that we're free already?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 11:20 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If you are held in those eternal chains of bondage, then you have not been liberated.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you are held in those eternal chains of bondage, then you have not been liberated.
That's true.

John 3

36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Old 09-03-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That's true.

John 3

36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
These shackles are held together by your own thoughts, while you put a heavier-burdened on others.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
These shackles are held together by your own thoughts, while you put a heavier-burdened on others.

Acts 3

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Acts 3

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
It's refreshing to know that the Spirit of life is never far from us, as it resides within each and everyone of us.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
It's refreshing to know that the Spirit of life is never far from us, as it resides within each and everyone of us.
1 Tim. 2

God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
You misrepresent my beliefs.

All have sinned. For God so loved the world... Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out... Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance.

I have no problem with Romans 2:4. God is patient and desires that no one perish.

The big difference is, you fundies like the children of hell that you are, make a huge deal of someone missing the mark. When my kids missed the mark, i never lost it with them, or put separation between us, my mind was always on bringing them back to to their true estate.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:32 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
The big difference is, you fundies like the children of hell that you are, make a huge deal of someone missing the mark. When my kids missed the mark, i never lost it with them, or put separation between us, my mind was always on bringing them back to to their true estate.
They do not understand sin the way you do, pcamps. Sin is missing the mark or "being wrong." It is a state of mind. God is ONLY concerned with our state of mind because that is our Spirit. To Jimmie and the fundamentalists, sin is disobedience to what they THINK God wants us to do. That is why he is not free. There are rules he must obey. Jesus showed us that it is our state of mind that matters, not what laws we obey. They accept the heinous beliefs about how God treats us or CAN treat us because He is God and "might makes right." They do not try to judge the reasonableness of what they believe. They blindly accept everything our ancient ancestors believed.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:44 PM

481 posts, read 262,988 times
Quote:
Good for you, but did you continue in the kids salvation journey?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity