Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have to come up boldly to the throne of grace every year so that a decision is made on your h
Yes, Jesus went to officiate the priesthood in heaven on our behalf for these days 5 41.67%
No, that's all done away with 6 50.00%
Maybe 2 16.67%
I just wanted to go see the reapers, my head, my head, my head. 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 10:39 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
My heart is made of flesh, not fragments of stone
I see it as the number of man; and his 66 books.
Ribs.
12 pairs.

Aww. The Heart.

In human embryos the heart begins to beat at about 22-23 days, with blood flow beginning in the 4th week.

https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/e...rt_Development
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 05:58 PM

23,158 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Today was Elul one when the King has come to his field.

Moses ascends Sinai for 3rd 40 days (1313 BCE)
On the early morning of the 1st of Elul of the year 2448 from creation (1313 BCE) Moses ascended Mount Sinai, taking with him the stone tablets he had hewn by divine command (see "Today in Jewish History" for yesterday, Av 30), for G-d to re-inscribe the Ten Commandments. On the mountain, G-d allowed Moses to "see My back, but not My face" (which Maimonides interprets as a perception of G-d's reality but not His essence) -- the closest any human being ever came to knowing G-d -- and taught him the secret of His "Thirteen Attributes of Mercy" (Exodus 33:18-34:8).

Moses remained on the mountain for 40 days, until the 10th of Tishrei (Yom Kippur), during which time He obtained G-d's whole-hearted forgiveness and reconciliation with the people of Israel following their betrayal of the covenant between them with their worship of the Golden Calf. This was the third of Moses' three 40-day periods on Mount Sinai in connection with the Giving of the Torah. Ever since, the month of Elul serves as the "month of Divine mercy and forgiveness."

When the King enters the field, our consciousness becomes elevated.

With the King in the Field

With the King in the Field

When the King enters the field, our consciousness becomes elevated.Two Lovers
In his Song of Songs, King Solomon writes a most eloquent and deep passage representing a multitude of relationships. The verse “I am my Beloved’s and my Beloved is mine” (Song of Songs 6:3) is an immediate allusion to the month of Elul, for in its original Hebrew, “Ani ledodi v’dodi li,” the letters beginning each word serve as an acronym for this month

With the King in the Field - Contemporary Kabbalists

The Month of Love.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:01 PM

23,158 posts, read 10,449,759 times
One of the most well-known parables mentioned in Chabad philosophy is that of the “King in the Field.” This parable, whose source is a chassidic discourse delivered by the first Chabad Rebbe, Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi, illustrates the inner workings of the month of Elul, the month preceding the High Holidays.

When the King Leaves the Palace - An anthology of commentaries by the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson - High Holidays

When the King has left the Palace.

Taking the First Step

The king is giving everyone the opportunity to greet him, but it has to be the subjects’ desire to go and greet him. The verse quoted above states, “I am to my Beloved and my Beloved is to me.” The order is precise. During this month we must take the first step towards our Beloved.
Being in a king’s presence, as he majestically sits on his throne, engenders an incredible overwhelming awe within all those present. Upon entering the throne room and seeing the display of power and glory, all subjects prostrate themselves before the king. Speaking, or even moving, is done only with the king’s consent. The subjects lose all sense of personal identity. They are simply subjects, nullified before the king’s glory.
This all changes when the king goes out to the field. He is traveling, and as such he is unadorned by his crown and royal vestments. He is not displaying his majestic greatness, and not evoking a response of great awe and respect. The subjects are not naturally gravitating to approach the king.2

Old 09-04-2016, 07:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
My heart is made of flesh, not fragments of stone
I see it as the number of man; and his 66 books.

Problem I see with that is, you're using the bible to condemn the bible. Peace

Old 09-04-2016, 07:14 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Problem I see with that is, you're using the bible to condemn the bible. Peace
No, he is using his God-given intelligence and the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus the Christ to interpret the Bible and cast out the human corruptions and misinterpretations.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, he is using his God-given intelligence and the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus the Christ to interpret the Bible and cast out the human corruptions and misinterpretations.
Unfortunately you have yet to even let go of a preconceived attempt. One which has no amount of fruition.
Of course our Lord gave you reasoning faculties. But you still wander with a denial of thirst. even a babe knows where to draw milk. Where to go for bread. And once weened where to find meat.
But fruit meat is out of your reach for the accolade comes from repentance first.
I would Love to give you a testimony but you continue in to strive.

I know where you are I have been there. And it will only lead to confusion.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:19 PM

Mizpah - Definition and Meaning, Bible Dictionary

Old 09-04-2016, 09:22 PM

It was one of the three holy cities which Samuel visited in turn as judge of the people, ( 1 Samuel 7:6 1 Samuel 7:16 ) the other two being Bethel and Gilgal. With the conquest of Jerusalem and the establishment there of the ark,

Old 09-04-2016, 09:25 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizpah_(emotional_bond)

No Honor No bond.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post

Link says no page matching found. Just FYI....Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity