Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 12:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,147,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
A good example is the huge change brought about by Doctor Spock's book bad out how to discipline kids, After a generation following that advice he admitted he was wrong and the way people did it as taught by him, was wrong. Based on the results he saw (Documented as studies by the profession) in society.

Belief has little to do with it. Ignorant liberals are as bad as ignorant "fundamentalists". Now reasoning liberals, Conservatives and Fundamentalists usually get it right.
Spock's book is an example of "ignorant liberal ideas"? Lol...growing up in Orange County I saw that book in the homes of a LOT of conservatives who voted a straight Republican ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 06:01 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,377,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Spock's book is an example of "ignorant liberal ideas"? Lol...growing up in Orange County I saw that book in the homes of a LOT of conservatives who voted a straight Republican ticket.
It is immaterial from a political point of view, it support the Liberal view of how to deal with children and discipline and it was ...... wrong, yet still followed today.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:12 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,560,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
It is immaterial from a political point of view, it support the Liberal view of how to deal with children and discipline and it was ...... wrong, yet still followed today.
hit them young and you never hit them again. Of course "hit" to a liberal means you smashed a baseball bat on their head ... silly lady liberal. She doesn't even get thats its her laws that stop good people from handling broken people in a human manor. Lmao, they think "death" is the worse thing chewing at a man gut. Of course they don't understand the words "being a man", in a way they are kinda cute I guess. Like a dog while I am picking up its poop.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:17 PM

15,838 posts, read 6,302,186 times
So is liberal being equated with anti spanking? Is not spanking being equated with neglect? I chose other forms of discipline and it had nothing to do with any doctor or book. I would guess there are people who are liberal who spank and people who are conservative who do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity