Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 07:01 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The shofar is a musical instrument made from a ram's horn. It's normally sounded at the beginning of each worship service of the Jewish faith. The sound of the shofar from heaven also signals a series of divine judgments upon the earth. The sound of the first shofar of judgment is recorded in the book of Revelation chapter eight and verse seven.

Most Christian English Bibles wrongly translate the word shofar as trumpet. The two are dissimilar instruments and have completely different tonalities. The shofar has a traditional Biblical meaning. The trumpet does not.

In Biblical context as well as Jewish tradition, the sounding of the shofar is a call to worship and repentence. This is important to remember if one wishes to understand what is happening today. It is important to understand what God is saying to the people of earth....perhaps for the last time.

Beginning in 2008 a strange sound was heard in the sky by people of the earth. It was initially described as a hum or explosion by those who were not familiar with the sound of a shofar. The sounds were reported by millions of people from every nation and race and language. Reports seem to indicate that the sounds from the sky originated in the middle east and gradually spread across the world to the west and east and north and south from that point. I live in central Florida and personally heard this sound at 3:30 one morning in 2014. To my knowledge, there are no reports of the sound in the sky being heard after 2015. If I am incorrect, I ask the reader to contact me to add to my knowledge of the event.

At this point, I wish to invite the reader to go to YouTube and search for shofar sounds from the sky. Several comparative recordings of a man sounding a real shofar vs. the recordings of the sounds from the sky are available. These recordings serve to provide definition and understanding as to the origin and meaning of the sounds in the sky - and their parallel on earth of a real shofar. The sky sounds really do sound like the shofar that is heard in synagogues at the beginning of each service.

The shofar on earth and the shofar in the sky are a call to worship and repentance. Our entire planet is in rebellion against God. The sounds in the sky are evidence that if men and women do not repent and seek God that a terrible series of devastating events will take place.

It is NOT God's desire to wreck stuff and kill people. Quite the opposite. He has been inhumanly tolerant of our abuse of one another and our refusal to consider His blessings upon us and His desire for life and peace and safety. We have chosen otherwise and God is about to grant us the desires of our hearts. We want war and so we will get a belly full. We want hate of our fellow man, so our minds and hearts will be filled to bursting. We want to turn our back upon God and reject Him. He will remove those who refuse to live the life He has given.

God gave us life and blessings and He can remove them. It is not His wish to do so, but if we continue to refuse to see things His way, or even to acknowledge that He has a just right to demand it of us - then He will act to remove those good things from our eyes and us from the planet. It isn't fair and it isn't what He really wants, but He will not sit by much longer and put up with sin.

The time for judgment has arrived. The first shofar has sounded. Repent. Not much time left.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft......

The shofar is NOT a musical instrument. It is NOT blown at the beginning of every service (have you ever been to synagogue???). It sounds absolutely nothing like a hum or an explosion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 07:40 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
This kind of stuff is what makes the skeptics think all of us are crazy. Please just stop it.
You lost me at original sin.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
The shofar is NOT a musical instrument. It is NOT blown at the beginning of every service (have you ever been to synagogue???). It sounds absolutely nothing like a hum or an explosion.
Sounds like a vuvuzela to me. )

Old 09-11-2016, 08:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Sounds like a vuvuzela to me. )

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6xl5Cx0c2Y

Old 09-11-2016, 08:36 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That was awesome! I guess now is as good a time as any to break it to everyone that the Swedes are actually God's chosen. Well at least we should be.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
A-ha

Old 09-11-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That was awesome! I guess now is as good a time as any to break it to everyone that the Swedes are actually God's chosen. Well at least we should be.
So it is true.

There are two kinds of people in this world, Swedes, and those who wish they were Swedes.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 09-11-2016, 09:11 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX79VxZ5j4g

Old 09-11-2016, 09:25 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
This kind of stuff is what makes the skeptics think all of us are crazy. Please just stop it.
It's no crazier than the more traditional Christian beliefs.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:50 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Rosh Hashana: starts 3 weeks tonight Viz. Have your windows and ears open. LOL

God's following the feasts, even if no one else is. Just watched Leo Fenton this evening. Very good, showing the pattern of the journey of the children of Israel toward Canaan and the parallels with where the church and individuals are at, moving toward the manifest kingdom of God in their hearts. Get into Canaan folks - there's milk and honey. https://youtu.be/UpZAI6N0zfE
And another interesting Leo Fenton exposition of how God has brought up and then brought down many different expressions of the outer court experiences of the tabernacle of Moses since the 1600's - things outside the tent of meeting, of which the anointing (Pentecost) is one, prior to going into the the tent of meeting. I don't know how old these videos are, but he said the prophetic hadn't been manifested (brought up,and brought down) yet - I think it has now, imo. ....Inside the tent, he touches then on the golden lamp stand, which is the church, hammered from one piece of gold, in unity (can't be the current the current church system we have, lol). Worth a watch, this one.

https://youtu.be/sWLAmIvXiZQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity