Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 07:58 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
What totally ridiculous comments!!! This post is about same sex marriage, the actions of the homo...act is part of same sex marriage. I admit, I am disgusted at the actions of homosexuals, but I do not dwell on their aberration in my real life. I feel awkward when I see tow men kissing in public, or carrying on like they have to promote themselves to those that are not interested in their promotion, nothing would arouse me less than the thought of anal sex with another male, or female for that matter. So stop the stupidity, Please.

I consider myself to be trying to be a true Christian...Homosexuality is not a Christian ethic.
Stop calling us "homo"s. It is incredibly offensive.

One does not "try" to be a Christian. You either are, or you are not. There is no "try." By your complete lack of even a base line level of human empathy, or Christ-like love, it does not seem you are even trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 08:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Stop calling us "homo"s. It is incredibly offensive.
Thank you. It is a disgusting, offensive word that is used for one reason: to degrade and demean people. I've zero respect for "Christians" who make a big deal about their beliefs.....then mock and demean the LGBTQ community. Especially when it is done to advance their religious agenda.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:08 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,469 times
It is rather strange non Christians are trolling the Christian area of this site, but I see no or barely any Christians trolling the atheist section or the pagan section.

Sure being a Christian does not mean you will be popular and even have worldviews that is different from non Christians. Jesus Christ warned the believers about that.

Anyway the GLBT crowd are targeting Churches due to their stance on gay marriage and will continue to do so. The GLBT crowd even if there are Christian supporters there believe God can change his stance on homosexuality but the Bible is clear on its stance on homosexuality.
Sure eating pork was forbidden in the old testament and it was aimed for the Jews, but Jesus states that all food is clean, and it is not what comes in the mouth that is unclean, but what comes out with the heart desires that can be unclean. Yet homosexuality is seen a sin in both the old testament and the new testament.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,497 times
Quote:
When did you choose to be straight, maat?

My "conduct"; also known as my "behavior or my "lifestyle"

I spend a lot of time with my computer, because that is one of my passions. It's the only thing I'm really good at.

I tend to stay up late because I'm a night owl.

I also spend a lot of time with friends, I go to church, which I lovey much, and attend a women's study/prayer group once a week, which I also very much enjoy.

I talk to friends on various social media platforms, because I love my friends.

I pray often.
That's really all I do, aside from eating, sleeping, showering and other things. The other things, just to calm your fears involve waste removal, and I'm not going into detail about it.

If you're concerned about "what I do in bed", quite frankly, that's none of your business. But for full disclosure, I'll tell you, please forgive the next sentence for being gratuitously graphic:

It's a bed, I sleep there.

So that's my "conduct." My "behavior." My "lifestyle."

Please, I await your reply with anticipation, really I do. Do tell me what is so abnormal about my "chosen behavior", and why you refuse to see me as an equal?
What you do in your bedroom and with who(of legal age) does not concern me one tiny bit. I respect others liberties. And, I'm betting I would like as a person knowing you were gay(assuming you are). As I stated earlier, I do not believe marriage is the business of governments.

Where I differ with many here is whether homosexuality should be given official recognition as equal to our natural biological state. If it were normal and natural, it would reproduce and not be such a small portion of human sexual activity. IMO, it deviates from our natural state. This is not to say that it is wrong, evil or repulsive.

Geekigurl, it is not my intention to insult anyone and I sincerely hope you are not offended.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:20 PM

This is an example of when gay marriage is leagalised in a country where things can end up:
Also there been cases in Canada where there is political correctness go overboard in regards to gay marriage.

television anchor on a prominent sports show was immediately dismissed after he posted his support for “the traditional and true meaning of marriage” on Twitter.

A Roman Catholic bishop in Alberta, Fred Henry, was charged with a human-rights violation for writing a letter to local churches outlining the Catholic position on marriage.

An evangelical Christian marriage commissioner in Saskatchewan was successfully sued for refusing to marry a homosexual couple, despite assisting the couple by putting them in touch with another marriage commissioner who would be willing to conduct the ceremony.
Hundreds of Canadians have faced legal proceedings over same-sex marriage | Christian Concern
When gay marriage is legalised in a country, it not just christian organisations that are targeted but the churches as well despite if there is separation of church and state. I believe it will continue to do so.

So much for a society where it has traditionally valued free speech, and political correctness of a nation can destroy the foundations of a healthy democracy.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thank you. It is a disgusting, offensive word that is used for one reason: to degrade and demean people. I've zero respect for "Christians" who make a big deal about their beliefs.....then mock and demean the LGBTQ community. Especially when it is done to advance their religious agenda.

It is disgusting, and offensive. But they don't care. They claim to love us, but they are empty words. There is no love whatsoever in their hearts toward those different from them.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
This is an example of when gay marriage is leagalised in a country where things can end up:
Also there been cases in Canada where there is political correctness go overboard in regards to gay marriage.

television anchor on a prominent sports show was immediately dismissed after he posted his support for “the traditional and true meaning of marriage” on Twitter.

A Roman Catholic bishop in Alberta, Fred Henry, was charged with a human-rights violation for writing a letter to local churches outlining the Catholic position on marriage.

An evangelical Christian marriage commissioner in Saskatchewan was successfully sued for refusing to marry a homosexual couple, despite assisting the couple by putting them in touch with another marriage commissioner who would be willing to conduct the ceremony.
Hundreds of Canadians have faced legal proceedings over same-sex marriage | Christian Concern
When gay marriage is legalised in a country, it not just christian organisations that are targeted but the churches as well despite if there is separation of church and state. I believe it will continue to do so.

So much for a society where it has traditionally valued free speech, and political correctness of a nation can destroy the foundations of a healthy democracy.
Free speech goes both ways. Free speech does not mean you can say whatever you want without any response. What you want is free speech for you only. It does not work that way.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:29 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
It is rather strange non Christians are trolling the Christian area of this site, but I see no or barely any Christians trolling the atheist section or the pagan section.

Sure being a Christian does not mean you will be popular and even have worldviews that is different from non Christians. Jesus Christ warned the believers about that.

Anyway the GLBT crowd are targeting Churches due to their stance on gay marriage and will continue to do so. The GLBT crowd even if there are Christian supporters there believe God can change his stance on homosexuality but the Bible is clear on its stance on homosexuality.
Sure eating pork was forbidden in the old testament and it was aimed for the Jews, but Jesus states that all food is clean, and it is not what comes in the mouth that is unclean, but what comes out with the heart desires that can be unclean. Yet homosexuality is seen a sin in both the old testament and the new testament.
Even as a Christian, I did not argue against gay marriage based on the bible. The bible has no place in American law.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Free speech goes both ways. Free speech does not mean you can say whatever you want without any response. What you want is free speech for you only. It does not work that way.
Well of course you can get a response but, of course even if you disagree with someone does not make it a right not to take a stance on it.

Anyway this is the road where Western society is at:
“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.”

Old 09-23-2016, 08:39 PM

6,786 posts, read 2,896,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Where I differ with many here is whether homosexuality should be given official recognition as equal to our natural biological state. If it were normal and natural, it would reproduce and not be such a small portion of human sexual activity.
We're referring to the natural act of sexual intimacy between two consenting adults that has nothing to do with reproduction ...even by heterosexuals most of the time. So, as long as intimacy or sexual bonding is occurring (as intended either by homosexuals or heterosexuals) then why should reproduction even come into the equation? If you want reproduction then we seem to be doing fine in that area according to the figures re world population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
IMO, it deviates from our natural state. This is not to say that it is wrong, evil or repulsive.
But, now that you've stated your opinion (which is your entitlement) and we've all heard it, it's not something that you're going to keep repeating or making a big deal about ...right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity