Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 09:52 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Sorry. I will follow the prophets before me.

Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks. The reason you do not hear is you do not belong to God.

Just as Jesus said it so do I. Now does that seem loving to you. Jesus was not about being nice as some think. He was about saying what God told Him to say. To serve God by word.

As the son of man says; The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He commanded me.
I believe that you are sincere in what you say, PG.

Perhaps you do hear things that I don't. But I have begun learning to understand the language of love, so when God speaks to me in that language, I hear. Maybe I'm no child, just a dog, but I can still receive the "crumbs" of love that fall from God's table. I'm okay with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 12:53 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

Perhaps you do hear things that I don't. But I have begun learning to understand the language of love, so when God speaks to me in that language, I hear. Maybe I'm no child, just a dog, but I can still receive the "crumbs" of love that fall from God's table. I'm okay with that.
Jesus said that He loved the disciples as the Father loved Him. He said He called therm friends by telling them everything He heard from the Father.
This then shows that loving someone in the eyes of God is telling them God's word so that they may in turn become His children.

God's love is His word. That is how He loved the world by sending His son, the truth, so all who believe in His word and do the works of God will have eternal life.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:04 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
When Jesus stipulated when God and Himself would love someone or gave instructions for becoming a child of God He was in so many words saying that not everyone is a child of God or loved by God.

The reason for this thread is to counter those who claim to follow Jesus but disregard His word.

Verses of reference;

"While you have the light believe in the light and you will become a child of light." John 12:36

"He who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him." John 14:21

According to these verses does Jesus love everyone?
It's just a little ironic that someone would choose the username PEACE GIVER yet start such divisive and ugly threads as this one.

You know good and well you do not keep God's commands perfectly. If you did, you would not start a hateful thread like this one.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:09 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Don't know, don't particularly care. YOU believe it, and that's important to you. I'm simply sharing with you what rings true to me and is, therefore, important to me.
I hope you will always feel assured of God's love for you. But I also hope that you will some day come to believe that God's love for you and everyone else is not contingent on you or them quoting the bible. I hope for both of us that we will come to love others as freely and unconditionally as we are loved.
Quote:
You are no dog, Pleroo. That kind of thinking belongs to your past. We are the children of God learning how to truly love as God does (and IS). Your efforts with PG are part of that despite the fact he is apparently not particularly rational (I try to restrain from saying he is deluded). There is no way on earth that our purpose for existing is to become parrots of the Bible.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:04 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:

Jesus said to someone like yourself in the scriptural accounts "What great faith you have". I like dogs. Dogs are often better and more loving than human beings. Man's best friend. God spelled backwards.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It's just a little ironic that someone would choose the username PEACE GIVER yet start such divisive and ugly threads as this one.

You know good and well you do not keep God's commands perfectly. If you did, you would not start a hateful thread like this one.
You do not understand peace as it is to God. I do keep His commandments.

I know the Lord and I keep His word.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:20 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
Whether God loves us all -- and whether we are all "children of God" are two entirely different propositions.

"Yes" God loves us and desires an eternal relationship with us. Scripture repeatedly makes that clear.

"No" People are adopted as Children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Scripture repeatedly makes this clear!

Trying to "force fit" God into the second is not only in error, but it is the same inferred lie that Satan used in the Garden of Eden when he told Adam and Eve, "Surely, you will not die." Satan's inference was, "Surely, God loves you too much to allow anything (like death) to happen to you, ... even though God said it would."

There are many positions like this that pit worldly views and beliefs against Scripture, but who are we to believe: human views or God's inspired Word? -- Since we will all ultimately be judged by the very words Christ spoke (John 12:48), it makes sense to me to go with God's truth.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:16 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Whether God loves us all -- and whether we are all "children of God" are two entirely different propositions.
"Yes" God loves us and desires an eternal relationship with us. Scripture repeatedly makes that clear.
"No" People are adopted as Children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Scripture repeatedly makes this clear!
The interpretations and corruptions in the "precepts and doctrines of men" are responsible for this unnecessary distinction. The adoption is in the following of Christ's instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when you don't. That is how you adopt the love of Christ and attain the cover of His perfection (Grace).
Quote:
There are many positions like this that pit worldly views and beliefs against Scripture, but who are we to believe: human views or God's inspired Word? -- Since we will all ultimately be judged by the very words Christ spoke (John 12:48), it makes sense to me to go with God's truth.
Since you do NOT test the Spirit of anything you believe, you have no assurance it is God's truth, only that it is man's dogma.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

Trying to "force fit" God into the second is not only in error, but it is the same inferred lie that Satan used in the Garden of Eden when he told Adam and Eve, "Surely, you will not die." Satan's inference was, "Surely, God loves you too much to allow anything (like death) to happen to you, ... even though God said it would."

The OP gives the verses of what Jesus said. The scripture you are speaking of comes from those who did not follow the instructions Jesus gave so what you think is scripture is just words from men who failed.

Lift up and honor the son of man so you will live.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:13 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
Quote:
The OP gives the verses of what Jesus said. The scripture you are speaking of comes from those who did not follow the instructions Jesus gave so what you think is scripture is just words from men who failed.

Lift up and honor the son of man so you will live.
Again, the old axiom, "You can't make this stuff up" ... is proven untrue by baseless opinions with no evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity