Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:53 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
No, there is no difference...given the choice of relying on written words that are incorrect or the REAL words of Jesus (from the source ) I will always pick the source and not a a source that is inaccurate and highly suspect.
The problem is you cannot distinguish the good from the bad but you will take one verse from the Bible or maybe a few and that becomes your theology. So really, you do use what is written in the Bible but like to think God writes things on your heart when in fact you lack so much because you neglect His word that there is no way He hears you or you hear Him.

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth.

Let the man who has my word speak my word and speak the truth."
says the Lord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 09:09 PM

Jesus also said; "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me and I in Him."

So if the words make one abide in Him and the flesh and blood do so as well then the flesh and blood of the son of man are the words of God. That's why Jesus said whoever fed on Him would have life but then explained that the words of God are spirit and life.

It is all about the words.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

Old 10-05-2016, 12:01 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,459 times
Default Jesus Doing The DEFINING On What Holiness Is

He the author of absolute truth only or 2 Peter 1:20-21.

We don't need big shots to understand water baptism or John 3:5.

We don't need big shots to understand Sabbath rest or Hebrews 4.

We don't need philosophers to understand long hair on men or 1 Cor. 11.

We don't need philosophers to understand wearing jewelry or 1 Peter 3:3.

We don't need the wisdom of man to understand woman pastors or 1 Timothy 2:9-14.

We don't need the wisdom of man to understand 90% bible believers or Matthew 5:17-20.

We don't need a genius to understand marriage to divorced people or Romans 7:2-3.

We don't need a genius to understand giving to the wrong ministries or Galations 1:8-9.

We don't need a vote to understand 100% bible believers or John 8:31.

We don't need a vote to understand phony unity or Amos 3:3.

We don't need confirmation to understand children of the devil or John 8:44.

We don't need confirmation to understand rookies or 2 Cor. 4:3.

We don't need counselors to understand self wise people or 2 Cor. 6.

We don't need counselors to understand delusional people or Titus 3:10.

We don't need experts to understand wine without alcohol or Proverbs 20:1.

We don't need experts to understand inferiority or 1 John 2:27.

We don't need scholars to understand studying or 2 Timothy 2:15.

We don't need scholars to understand confirmation or 1 Cor. 8:2.

We don't need leaders to understand prey people or Matthew 15:14.

We don't need leaders to understand risky business with 401K or 1 Timothy 6.

We don't need opinions to understand better wisdom or 1 Cor. 1:25.

We don't need opinions to understand young widow women or 1 Timothy 5:9.

We don't need a council board to understand pagan holiday honor or John 4:24.

We don't need a council board to understand pagan godhead theology or John 8:24.

We don't need a team of people to understand bartender parties or 1 Peter 4:1-4.

We don't need a team of people to understand modesty pursuing wealth or Luke 12:15.

We don't need a special conference to understand tongue regulations or 1 Cor. 14.

We don't need a special conference to understand prayer for believers only or John 17:9.

We don't need offended people to understand man rebuking man or James 5:20.

We don't need offended people to understand dinosaur expertise or 1 Timothy 6:20.

We don't need tongue talkers to understand repentance without gifts or Romans 11:29.

We don't need tongue talkers to understand how God talks or Romans 10:17.

We don't need a faith movement to understand God fighting battles only or Romans 12:17.

We don't need a faith movement to understand honesty with our verbal expression of
faith or Romans 12:3.

We don't need forefathers to understand independent ministries or Romans 13:1.

We don't need forefathers to understand many faiths in Jesus to have church or Ephesians 4:5.

We don't need a testimony to understand phony testimony people that are really 90% bible believers
or Matthew 7:21-24.

We don't need a testimony to understand submissive wives or Ephesians 5:22-23.

We don't need global people to understand ministry to bible mockers or Matthew 7:6.

We don't need global people to understand black sheep in the family or Matthew 10:34-37.

We don't need politicians to understand too much honor or Matthew 10:22 and Luke 6:26.

We don't need politicians to understand knowing people enough or 1 Thess. 5:12.

We don't need smiling faces to understand toughness on bums or 2 Thess. 3:10.

We don't need smiling faces to understand how terrible our integrity is or Jeremiah 17:9.

We don't need mentors to understand the God made life or Acts 17:28.

We don't need mentors to understand the best lived life or Jeremiah 10:23.

We don't need staff people to understand how sick our sin is or Isaiah 64:6.

We don't need staff people to understand our bible recall with any life encounter or John 14:26.

We don't need a family member to understand who the real hero with wisdom is or Psalms 8:4.

We don't need a family member to understand who the real goal planner is or Psalms 119:105.

We don't need a workshop program to understand what every is or Matthew 4:4.

We don't need a workshop program to understand what search is or John 5:39.

Are We On The Same Team In God ? Amos 3:3 and 2 Cor. 6 and Psalms 133:1

Can We Prove It With The Bible Enough ? 2 Timothy 3:16 and John 8:31

Are We People Out The Flesh Or The Wisdom Of Man On Holiness ? 2 Peter 1:20-21

Are We Aiming For The Real Thing With 100% Bible Believers ? Matthew 5:6

Are We Convinced God Is Against 90% Bible Believers ? Matthew 5:17-20

Old 10-05-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
He the author of absolute truth only or 2 Peter 1:20-21.
This guy would rather put his own words down instead of God's word.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:59 AM

Default No Private Definition ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
No Private Definition mean what ? Absolute truth ?

Who got absolute truth only ? God ?

Who the control freak only ? God ?

Old 10-07-2016, 11:26 AM

Default If Jesus Abides With Us

That mean we have to get out the wisdom of man that says :

My jewelry on okay as long as I don't tell a lie-----1 Peter 3:3 ?

My long hair as a man okay as long as I don't steal-----1 Cor. 11 ?

My optional decision with water baptism okay as long as I don't have an abortion----John 3:5 ?

My decision for a woman pastor okay as long as I don't have hate in my heart----1 Tim. 2:9-14 ?

My tongue talking unruly is fine as long as I don't swear-----1 Cor. 14.

My marriage to a divorced person okay as long as I don't have sex before marriage---Romans 7:2-3 ?

My loyalty to any ministry okay as long as people can tell me what to do----Matthew 15:14 ?

My tithing to any ministry okay as long as I have a cheerful giving heart-----Galations 1:8-9 ?

My praying for everybody okay as long as I don't have respect of persons----John 17:9 ?

My risk taking with 401K okay as long as I'm not lazy-----1 Timothy 6 ?

My wine drinking with alcohol okay as long as I don't get drunk----Proverbs 20:1 ?

My bartender hangout okay I have bread and wine in church----1 Peter 4:1-4 ?

My honor with a pagan holiday okay we talk about Jesus too----John 4:24 ?

My honor of pagan godhead theology okay as long as you believe in God existing----John 8:24 ?

My phony unity okay as long as my religious friends are a grace believer only----Amos 3:3 ?

My 90% bible believing okay I'm still a lover-----Matthew 5:17-20 ?

My coward behavior okay I overlook faults----James 5:20 ?

Being liked too much okay I'm not negative----Luke 6:26 ?

Loving family more then God okay I'm not judging people----Matthew 10:34-37 ?

Barely unique okay I'm not gossiping-----Matthew 10:22 ?

A young widow wife okay I'm not full of fear----1 Timothy 5:9 ?

Raising a family on poverty income okay I'm not backbiting-----1 Timothy 5:8 ?

Too much faith expressed okay I'm not prostituting----Romans 12:3 ?

90% bible belief okay I got a testimony of being off dope----Matthew 7:21-24 ?

Many faiths in Jesus to have church okay I'm not gay---Ephesians 4:5 ?

Liberation okay I don't control people with my beliefs-----2 Peter 1:20-21 ?

Being stingy okay I don't rip people out of money clever----1 Cor. 9:14 ?

Begging too much okay I'm going global for Jesus-----1 Cor. 9:18 ?

Defending my family with a gun okay I'm a good steward over things---Romans 12:17 ?

Risks with mortgages okay I desire the good life enough----1 Timothy 6 ?

Asking a work boss for a raise okay I'm a believer of favor----Luke 3:14 ?

Never advertising Jesus okay I'm not a flashy Christian with alms to man---Luke 14:23 ?

The wrong friends okay I'm an equal opportunity salesperson for Jesus---2 Cor. 6 ?

Too much meekness okay I don't scare people away----Titus 3:10 ?

Inferiority okay as long as you want to learn----1 John 2:27 ?

Lack of reality okay I like to dream only----James 3:2 ?

Pretending okay as long as you want to hear God----Romans 10:17 ?

Assumption okay it's my act of faith-----John 5:39 ?

Short cuts okay it's my theology with liberalism----2 Timothy 3:16 ?

Waiving conditions is okay as long as you confessed sin and failure without God----Romans 6:1 ?

Despising access to God is okay as long as you get help from any source----James 1:5 ?

Believing in hope for everybody is okay cause your operating in giant faith----2 Cor. 4:3 ?

Believing for everybody saved is okay cause your taking limits off God----John 8:44 ?

Modest excellence is okay cause your never perfect-----1 Cor. 8:2 ?

Grammar edits in the bible for God is okay cause your helping out the body of Christ understand God in the bible better-----Revelation 22:18-19 ?

Poor education is okay cause God in your heart only----2 Timothy 2:15 ?

Independent ministries okay cause you only have 1 boss in Christ----Romans 13:1 ?

Dinosaur expertise is okay cause you hold to creation theology still----1 Timothy 6:20 ?

Philosophy in Christianity is okay cause we not know it all people all the time----John 8:32 ?

Okay to mock Sabbath rest cause you got bills to pay to make a living-----Hebrews 4 ?

Okay to love the world more then Christianity cause you want to be on their level to win
them----1 John 2:15 ?

Okay to be an unsubmissive wife cause my husband not as smart as I am-----Ephesians 5:22-23 ?

Okay to minister to bible mockers cause your global for Jesus---Matthew 7:6 ?

Okay to buddy with rookies cause we have a off night mastering theology
sometimes----Ephesians 4:14 ?

Okay for rookies to be our mentor cause everybody can teach us something---Psalms 1 ?

Okay to guess God with 10% of the life encounters we have cause we not spiritual bible people
24/7 all the time-----Psalms 119:105 and John 14:26 ?

Okay to label spiritual giants as tongue talkers and miracle workers only cause we got a first hand experience on this ourself-----Romans 11:29 ?

Okay to talk about the Holy Spirit without the bible cause your not making people fill like a robot with all the bible all the time----John 6:63 ?

Okay to bail a bum out cause we got a soup kitchen ministry----2 Thess. 3:10 ?

Okay to pretend we know people cause we mind our own business----1 Thess. 5:12 ?

Okay to have a mind of your own cause you don't push religion too far on people----Jeremiah 3:15 ?

Okay to applaud your wisdom cause your self esteem will stay great----Jeremiah 10:23 ?

Okay to applaud your integrity cause you won't feel useless----Jeremiah 17:9 ?

Okay to rank your natural ability equal to God cause you want to feel important---1 Cor. 1:25 ?

Okay to be delusional with your real nature cause you want to dream like a champion---Isaiah 64:6 ?

Okay to exalt man too much cause that's polite with honor----Psalms 8:4 ?

Okay to have a heaven for people cause your doing eulogies-----Psalms 107:2 ?

Okay to be self wise cause you be wise any kind of way you want----Acts 17:28 ?

The goal is attracting 100% bible believers together with the bible enough----Amos 3:3 and
2 Cor. 6 and Psalms 133:1 and John 17:21 and Matthew 7:6 and Ephesians 4:14 and
Colossians 2:8 and Psalms 1 and Matthew 4:4 and John 8:31 and Matthew 5:17-20 ?

You get the point enough if your a John 8:31 !!!

Are we on the same team in God ? 1 Thess. 5:12 and Matthew 5:6 and Amos 3:3 and 2 Cor. 6

No other goal coming here -----John 8:32 !!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Doesn't that make them more meaningful? Anyone can regurgitate scripture, but knowing what it means is no as easy.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
The problem is you cannot distinguish the good from the bad but you will take one verse from the Bible or maybe a few and that becomes your theology. So really, you do use what is written in the Bible but like to think God writes things on your heart when in fact you lack so much because you neglect His word that there is no way He hears you or you hear Him.

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth.

Let the man who has my word speak my word and speak the truth."
says the Lord
Jesus ALONE is my theology...

NOT BOOKS.

NOT WRITTEN WORD.

NOT ANOTHER MAN'S TEACHING

NOT TBN

NOT EWTN

NOT DOMINO PIZZA

NOT YOUR OPINION

NOT FRANKLIN GRAHAM or HIS DADDY

NOT PAULIE

NOT ANY MEGA CHURCH

NOT ANY RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION

CHRIST IS THEOLOGY (not the ONLY, but HE is my THEOLOGY)

Old 10-07-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Sounds like you prefer your gospel lukewarm... with sugar.
I like my gospel like I like my Jesus....HOT, BLACK and STRONG!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I am becoming increasingly more convinced it's important to preach the Law to the proud and grace to the humble, and it seems these days there's much more necessity to break down those walls of pride first by using Gods Holy Law and eternal judgment in hell as proclaimed in the Word of God, so people see their need for a Savior and there can be any opening for the Gospel of reconciliation - why would a proud man need reconciliation or salvation? He needs to see the trouble he is in first before a Holy God and bow before the Savior in humble repentance for his sin - he will not pray as the publican did 'God be merciful to me, a sinner' and he doesn't go home justified either. A man must see himself sick first before he feels the need for any doctor or medicine - doesn't matter if he has cancer, as long as he is ignorant about the fact that he has it, he won't go looking for any cure or help. So must we see ourselves in the Light of Gods Holy Law first and show others their deadly disease of sin in that same mirror aswell if we truly care about them!

And if people don't care for the message (and they don't), we shouldn't change the message in anything the world will accept (which seems the most common 'evangelistic' strategy), but we should instead double down on proclaiming Gods truth that Judgment day is ahead and warning sinners to flee from the wrath to come to the only Ark that can save us, Jesus Christ. I know it's easier said than done to share this message, but we need to fear God more than man, and He can give the courage and wisdom to show people their sin and need for a Savior in love and humility. It's loving to tell people they have a deadly disease when you know they do, and rather cruel to keep silent about it and leave them ignorant of it though death can snatch them away at any moment.
Please share, what LAW are we under today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity