Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 01:21 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Obama Admin Says You

There will be no tolerance for religious freedom if this goes through.

“He makes the shocking suggestion that Catholic, evangelical, orthodox Jewish, Mormon, and Muslim communities are comparable to fringe segregationists from the civil rights era,” the archbishop continued. “Can we imagine the civil rights movement without Rev. Martin Luther King, Fr. Theodore Hesburgh, and Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel?”

Lori said such attacks on religious groups will hurt the poor and vulnerable, such as those helped by religious organizations across the country. Chairman Castro and his friends won’t be the ones to suffer, the archbishop said. “The vast majority of those who speak up for religious liberty are merely asking for the freedom to serve others as our faith asks of us,” he continued.

“We ask that the work of our institutions be carried out by people who believe in our mission and respect a Christian witness.”

Old 09-21-2016, 02:43 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
You see the face of the spirit of antichrist at work , as the liberal godless party rules in his age , as this could shut up the gospel ,and hurt the poor , as people are trying to do .........The problem is that sin is sin , and Christians are called not to sin , and they will not sin , as it is God they have to answer to not man with his twisted views

Old 09-21-2016, 03:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Obama Admin Says You

“He makes the shocking suggestion that Catholic, evangelical, orthodox Jewish, Mormon, and Muslim communities are comparable to fringe segregationists from the civil rights era,” the archbishop continued. “Can we imagine the civil rights movement without Rev. Martin Luther King, Fr. Theodore Hesburgh, and Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel?”

Lori said such attacks on religious groups will hurt the poor and vulnerable, such as those helped by religious organizations across the country. Chairman Castro and his friends won’t be the ones to suffer, the archbishop said. “The vast majority of those who speak up for religious liberty are merely asking for the freedom to serve others as our faith asks of us,” he continued.

“We ask that the work of our institutions be carried out by people who believe in our mission and respect a Christian witness.”
I think its more of martin luther King vs black panthers. I am not anti-christian. I am anti teaching literal religion. as I am anti literal constitution. I am anti-law-making -based-on -god. i am ok with a good rule weather its god or not god based. leave god out of it.

Martin luther and the panthers had agendas that were different. the intentions were different. Martin luther was for equal rights. He respected the country and its people. The panthers, like todays anti flag protest, has a different intention. the words are the same "social injustice" but really The panthers were/are pro black (anti-white).

I am not pro atheist, I am anti-ignoring observation for personal needs and opinions.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:52 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
The article is sorely lacking in specifics. I am not seeing what Religious Liberties are under attack in the report at all. What I am seeing, which is what many of us on this very forum have been saying time and time again, is that we should be "very narrow" on the concept of "religious exceptions" in our state laws and policies.

That is to say, in a secular land everyone should be following the same secular law and policies without getting special privilege or exemptions based on their religion, or claimed religion. I should not have to follow a different set of laws to anyone else solely because they claim "Christianity" or "Islam" as their hobby of choice.

There are a vocal minority of two or three people on this freedom who think "Freedom of Religion" genuinely does mean the right to gain such privilege or exception. And it is our place to resist that horrific notion, both here on the forum and where it is represented outside in reality.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:29 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
There's only love, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Anything else is an abberation of the carnal mind, to be discarded. As soon as everyone gets with that, then the kingdom has come to the hearts of men. The only way to reconcile the world to yourself is to see them 'as yourself' - as righteous! So stop judging the realm of appearances, as the carnal mind does. It is not the heart. ...The appearances of race, tolerance and religion have just been shattered. Amen!?

Old 09-21-2016, 06:22 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
I heard Obama was born in Kenya and doesn't have a US birth certificate.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:30 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I heard Obama was born in Kenya and doesn't have a US birth certificate.

What???? Isn't Hawaii a furin country?

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 09-21-2016, 11:22 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Obama Admin Says You

Excellent. I applaud efforts to keep those who misrepresent Christ from hiding behind Him to discriminate against the LGBTQI community, and other minorities, such as Muslims. I also applaud efforts to prevent this country from becoming a theocracy.

If you believe abortion is wrong, do not have one.

If you believe being gay is wrong, don't be gay.

If the thought of "gay sex" disturbs you, don't think about it.

If you want to pray in school, you can do so without making a big hairy deal about it. In fact, Christ told us we should keep our prayers private. (Matthew 6:5-6)

Quote:
Respect goes both ways. If other Christians disrespect others, they shouldn't be surprised when they aren't given respect.

Also Janelle, you shouldn't lie. What the Obama Administration is saying is that they will not allow you to use your religious freedom to discriminate against, and denigrate others.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:27 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Obama Admin Says You

Yes. We are now living in a time when traditional Christian beliefs that have been observed for 2000 years are now not tolerated. Welcome to the new America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity