Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
Thanks for the warning about hypocricy and blindness, which typlified most pharisees.

However, I do not teach that JESUS will establish a kingdom on earth during a so called thousand year reign. He already riegns with all power and authority. No scripture in the Bible foretells of such a future earthly event as the so called thousand year reign.

My problem with preterist doctrine is that some prophetic scriptures are wrongfully assigned as already occuring during the 1st century.

JESUS will return visibly in the air and after killing all the unbelievers, will last but not least, remove all true Christians from the planet.

I'm sure of these things.
Scripture? Thanks!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 07:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The point is ... If the return of Christ is not literal, then the resurrection of the dead is not literal.
Why is that ?
What scripture are you basing this on ?

Last edited by pcamps; 06-17-2009 at 07:42 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
I suppose those who think preterism is right will delegate everything to 1st century Jerusalem. That seems to be thier MO. That's thier answer for all things prophetic. At least perhaps one could get a cheap phd from one of thier universities. The correct answer is allways, 1st century Jerusalem.
No, ForHimByHim: The correct answer is always found in the Scriptures themselves. If the Bible's "MO" is that things were fulfilled in the first century, then why shouldn't we say so?

Why don't we deal with the Scriptures themselves instead of making accusations? Have any proofs that you yourself have studied? Please, no verses ripped out of context! Your own in-depth study?

Preterist

Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM

257 posts, read 443,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Scripture? Thanks!

Preterist
You and I have already been through the scripture qouting contest once upon a time ago. If we do it again, you'll still be a preterist and I'll still believe in the second appearing of JESUS in the future sense. So let's just sit this one out?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
pcamps/Ironmaw

My understanding is that the resurrection of the "dead" is a spiritual body not a earthy body.

What are your thoughts on 1 Cor 15:20 onwards

Also 1 Cor 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1Co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
pcamps/Ironmaw

My understanding is that the resurrection of the "dead" is a spiritual body not a earthy body.

What are your thoughts on 1 Cor 15:20 onwards

Also 1 Cor 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1Co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

I understand those verses to refer to the rebirth and new creation of the new man when we are born again.

Do you believe Jesus was literally raised from the dead? In the same manner as he was raised so shall we be raised at his return.

Next thing you know people will start saying Christ didn't really physically resurrect, it is only symbolic ... to which i will reply, get behind be Satan.

Quote:
Pcamps

Why is that ?
What scripture are you basing this on ?
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Only when the lord returns will the dead in Christ rise again.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:04 PM

15 posts, read 26,320 times
Time will tell for sure but, in Revelation; Babylon refers to the Greatest City on earth... in the Greatest Country on earth. "New York City" will be the first of the USA cities to be destroyed; 11 more cities in the USA will be destroyed within the same hour.

In one hour The USA will fall. If you want to know more, I will be happy to tell you. Stay in touch, I will be having meetings on the exact subject.

This event is small in compared to what wiil happen to cities around the world within the following three days of the detruction of 12 cities in the USA and Vancouver BC.

If you want to know more... email me at: carlberardusa@yahoo.com and I will keep in touch with you.

More to come...

Old 06-17-2009, 11:19 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Berard View Post
Time will tell for sure but, in Revelation; Babylon refers to the Greatest City on earth... in the Greatest Country on earth. "New York City" will be the first of the USA cities to be destroyed; 11 more cities in the USA will be destroyed within the same hour.

In one hour The USA will fall. If you want to know more, I will be happy to tell you. Stay in touch, I will be having meetings on the exact subject.

This event is small in compared to what wiil happen to cities around the world within the following three days of the detruction of 12 cities in the USA and Vancouver BC.

If you want to know more... email me at: carlberardusa@yahoo.com and I will keep in touch with you.

More to come...
Vancouver BC? That's where I live! !!! I'm getting outta here!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:29 AM

257 posts, read 443,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Berard View Post

More to come...
Hey Carl, way to go! Glad to hear from anyone who is aware of the coming attack and the need to exit Babylon! I hope real momentum will build in the true Christian comunity and lots of saints will leave the US before judgement comes, and before anymore Christians backslide in this perverted secular society. GOD is truely angry with the secular Americans, but He is not angry with the Church. He wants His people to get clear of this country because His wrath is kindled toward the secular Americans. They are gonners.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:31 AM

396 posts, read 598,529 times
Quote:
Hey Carl, way to go! Glad to hear from anyone who is aware of the coming attack and the need to exit Babylon! I hope real momentum will build in the true Christian comunity and lots of saints will leave the US before judgement comes, and before anymore Christians backslide in this perverted secular society. GOD is truely angry with the secular Americans, but He is not angry with the Church. He wants His people to get clear of this country because His wrath is kindled toward the secular Americans. They are gonners.
Where you all heading?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity