Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 10:00 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Personally, I would suggest letting the frindship take its course and checking out other possibilities as far as relationships. Friends are good to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 10:10 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Personally, I would suggest letting the friendship take its course and checking out other possibilities as far as relationships. Friends are good to have.
I suggested to the OP in the link I posted, which was removed, that she do this, but according to her, there is no guy who is romantically interested in her.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
I suggested to the OP in the link I posted, which was removed, that she do this, but according to her, there is no guy who is romantically interested in her.
So? She is going to have to wait amyway, right? work on the friendship while waiting.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:48 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Can`t wait and be a friend than any relationship would be lop sided

Old 09-24-2016, 11:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Female age 23 and Male age 27 meet at church.

The male pays for her dinner at church during one of their functions.

He gets to know her at church during conversations as well as during church activities.

He takes her out to dinner twice and pays for both of them.

The first time it is casual. The two of them sit across from each-other.

The second time he sits next to her and they have a personal one on one conversation.

The female begins to wonder if he is just being a gentleman or does he want to date her.

She finds out from him during one of their conversations after the second time he takes her out to dinner that he considers her only as a friend. He is not ready for any type of dating relationship because he feels that God wants him to work on his relationship with him, but he still wants to get to know her, spend time with her, have dinner with her and so on.

That is the reason for my questions in my post.
Thanks. I would take him at his word. Which means, among other things, that there is no ethical way to manipulate him into wanting something different. If you are the young woman in question, and this is not good enough for you, then do yourselves both a favor and stop seeing him.

And if you are the young woman in question, here's a question for you - do you only see men in connection with your desire to get married? Are they otherwise of no use to you? And if your answer to both questions is yes, then how can you defend this as a moral choice? Aren't you objectivizing men for your own purposes, just as men who only see women as opportunities for sexual adventure do?

Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Thanks. I would take him at his word. Which means, among other things, that there is no ethical way to manipulate him into wanting something different. If you are the young woman in question, and this is not good enough for you, then do yourselves both a favor and stop seeing him.

And if you are the young woman in question, here's a question for you - do you only see men in connection with your desire to get married? Are they otherwise of no use to you? And if your answer to both questions is yes, then how can you defend this as a moral choice? Aren't you objectifying men for your own purposes, just as men who only see women as opportunities for sexual adventure do?
jacqueg:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

No, I am not the young woman in question.

I am a married female in her forties who happens to be a member of that particular forum.

I am old enough to be her mom though.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:37 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Having a male friend is a pretty good idea. They can enjoy each others company and go to dinner and movies and events. Nothing wrong with it. However, friends share the tab.

She is free to date others, and remain friends with this man.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Having a male friend is a pretty good idea. They can enjoy each others company and go to dinner and movies and events. Nothing wrong with it. However, friends share the tab.

She is free to date others, and remain friends with this man.
I would agree, but I don't know the circumstances, and if the young man wants to pick up the tab for things HE wants to do, then let him go.

Old 09-24-2016, 04:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Without the OP's link, this is an impossible discussion.

Can someone describe the situation that was in the link?
Seems she considers herself UNWORTHY OF HAVING A DATE, been praying for a man, some dude approached her and now is "stalking" her by showing up in all the same groups at church.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:08 PM

How should young Christians of the opposite sex begin to get to know each-other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity