Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 10:06 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Most people are much older before they have that kind of wisdom. Well done, geekigurl.

(Some never have it. They bury their heads in their holy book of choice and never grow.)
I'm no spring chicken. Ok, having been born in April, technically I am a spring chicken, but you know what I mean. I'm not as good as I once was (but I'm as good once as I ever was!). My posts often belie my age, since I believe that maturity is largely overrated.

I'm off into the weeds again.

Anyway, thank you for the compliment, Dew. <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 10:18 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
What I've come to understand, after a lot of prayer, thought and careful study is that more than anything else, God looks at our hearts. For a Christian, having a relationship centered in Christ is not sinful, regardless of orientation. For many, sex seems to be the primary issue, but that isn't what makes a committed relationship. One of the desires of my heart is to know what it's like to fall in love before I die. I don't believe this is unreasonable.
Interesting ...

OT God said:
Genesis 6:5
The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth,
and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

NT God said:
Matthew 15:19
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." ~ Jesus
You're lying to yourself by saying... " regardless of orientation." ... God says otherwise:
" God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: .... 'Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.' "

Old 09-28-2016, 10:31 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Interesting ...

OT God said:
The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth,
and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

NT God said:
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." ~ Jesus
You're lying to yourself by saying... " regardless of orientation." ... God says otherwise:
" God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: .... 'Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.' "
Dark-spirited nonsense.

As usual.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:42 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Dark-spirited nonsense.

As usual.
ah yes ... the doggie couldn't contain himself.

Time for collar of shame

Old 09-28-2016, 10:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
ah yes ... the doggie couldn't contain himself.

Time for collar of shame
It does suit you.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:50 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Interesting ...

OT God said:

NT God said:
You obviously don't know geekiegurl, because what's coming out of her heart and onto the forum is kindness, encouragement and compassion. Unless you think those things are evil or wicked, you're obviously way off base hurling those passages at her.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:53 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Interesting ...

OT God said:

NT God said:
Well....SOME of us are like that....

Old 09-28-2016, 10:56 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
What it comes down to is not a question of sexuality or who should I sleep with tonight. The real question that is being asked is: Did a loving Heavenly Father create us all? Did that Heavenly Father give us a set of guidelines to live by. Are these guidelines kept in a set of scripture and is that scripture correct? If God exists then sin also exists. If there is no God then there is no sin. But if there is a God then everything comes down to laws that this God has placed on us. We are still free to choose how we will live.

We all have things that pull us is specific directions. If I had my way I would be sleeping with lots of women. That is just me though. What I realize is that we have a law that I respect. My wife is the only woman that I sleep with.

You are free to do what you want just as I am free to do what I want. I have made a choice to live as I do and respect the rights of others to live as they choose.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
What it comes down to is not a question of sexuality or who should I sleep with tonight. The real question that is being asked is: Did a loving Heavenly Father create us all? Did that Heavenly Father give us a set of guidelines to live by. Are these guidelines kept in a set of scripture and is that scripture correct? If God exists then sin also exists. If there is no God then there is no sin. But if there is a God then everything comes down to laws that this God has placed on us. We are still free to choose how we will live.

We all have things that pull us is specific directions. If I had my way I would be sleeping with lots of women. That is just me though. What I realize is that we have a law that I respect. My wife is the only woman that I sleep with.

You are free to do what you want just as I am free to do what I want. I have made a choice to live as I do and respect the rights of others to live as they choose.
The bold is where you miss out on the message: it is not about LAWS, it is about the condition of our hearts and what is the best we can do for everyone in any particular situation. Looking for laws is counterproductive when our promised Guide is the Spirit and not a book. "Laws" or "rules" may make good guidlines for quick reference, but they are ALL subject to that concern for the well being of the people involved that is "agape."

Old 09-28-2016, 11:07 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You obviously don't know geekiegurl, because what's coming out of her heart and onto the forum is kindness, encouragement and compassion. Unless you think those things are evil or wicked, you're obviously way off base hurling those passages at her.
Geekigirl may expound the virtues of Christianity, but her beliefs are a radical non-Biblical based faith that has very little resemblance to what most Christians believes. She has told me that she doesn't even believe God created man. We evolved from primates. Homosexuality is good, atheists are better than Christians and I'm not even sure she even believes in death and resurrection of Christ since I see she mocked the impregnation of Mary in another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity