Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 01:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,290,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Was it a scribal addition when Yeshua said, "Today (first 1000 year day) and tomorrow (2nd 1000 year day), I will do cures and CAST OUT DEVILS." Neither was the criteria for what follows a believer. The wheat and tares being raised up together also means when in the presence of wheat that is raised, the tares also raise. This is how someone recognizes demonic possession; the demons cry out, just as they did when He approached them in His own flesh body. There is power in His name/NATURE and the Lord did not leave those of us that are pressing into it and anointed to do battle, clueless. When you are NOT anointed for such a task, the demons could care less and stay hidden for the most part.

This is where EXPERIENCE instead of opinions, matters. Because anyone can decide whether or not something in the word is true or not by virtue of their own INexperience and lack of faith to believe the word as it is written.

This is also where your version of agape love fails, because it's not love to stay ignorant of G-d's word which by it's very nature is being formed in the individual to bring about the experience of exactly what is written because it's TRUTH, thereby allowing faith in the word to do it's perfect works, one of which is setting the captives free, whom we are told, are taken captive by Satan (and his minions) AT HIS WILL. Peace
The principle of life does not end with your views; there is but One God, not two battling for supremacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 01:59 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,022,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The principle of life does not end with your views; there is but One God, not two battling for supremacy.

There is one G-d that's true, but there are also demonic spirits, the word is plain on that. It would also be plain to you if you had the anointing that they despise. Peace

Old 10-07-2016, 06:09 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,103,670 times
Quote:
There is one G-d that's true, but there are also demonic spirits, the word is plain on that. It would also be plain to you if you had the anointing that they despise. Peace
Translation:

I'm one of g-d's special-est snowflakes and you're not.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Translation:

No, I just believe all of the word and he doesn't. That's the only difference. Peace

Old 10-07-2016, 08:40 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,103,670 times
Quote:
No, I just believe all of the word and he doesn't. That's the only difference. Peace
No.

The difference between you two is vast.

The difference between you and most anybody on the planet is vast.

Which is good. For most anybody else on the planet.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
No.

The difference between you two is vast.

The difference between you and most anybody on the planet is vast.

Which is good. For most anybody else on the planet.

Hardly. You need to widen your circle a bit (actually a LOT). Peace

Old 10-07-2016, 09:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,290,994 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Translation:

Quote:
"The watering pot and pruning knife of time; cuts away the twigs and branches for new growth."

I have wrestled with the Spirit on many occasions, especially when it comes to the formation of conclusions, judgments or inferences, which are predicated on the various belief systems of mankind. Including that which you have come to believe, only to find that if something is not correct or right, one hundred percent of the time; it's not truth.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:31 PM

63,589 posts, read 39,886,814 times
Quote:

Old 10-08-2016, 12:21 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,687,437 times
Quote:
Was it a scribal addition when Yeshua said, "Today (first 1000 year day) and tomorrow (2nd 1000 year day), I will do cures and CAST OUT DEVILS." Neither was the criteria for what follows a believer. The wheat and tares being raised up together also means when in the presence of wheat that is raised, the tares also raise. This is how someone recognizes demonic possession; the demons cry out, just as they did when He approached them in His own flesh body. There is power in His name/NATURE and the Lord did not leave those of us that are pressing into it and anointed to do battle, clueless. When you are NOT anointed for such a task, the demons could care less and stay hidden for the most part.

This is where EXPERIENCE instead of opinions, matters. Because anyone can decide whether or not something in the word is true or not by virtue of their own INexperience and lack of faith to believe the word as it is written.

This is also where your version of agape love fails, because it's not love to stay ignorant of G-d's word which by it's very nature is being formed in the individual to bring about the experience of exactly what is written because it's TRUTH, thereby allowing faith in the word to do it's perfect works, one of which is setting the captives free, whom we are told, are taken captive by Satan (and his minions) AT HIS WILL. Peace
Sorry, Rbbi1, casting out devils then was a sign of their culture, not just God, when even the unsaved did it. So claiming YOU have done it in the name of Jesus, is nothing special at all
Quote:
Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding
Acts 19:13-16

And, sorry, Scriptures do not state that "today" is the first thousand years and "tomorrow" is the second thousand years. If you believe Scripture literally, then stick to your beliefs and don't add or subtract from them. So your own words "anyone can decide whether or not something in the word is true or not by virtue of their own INexperience and lack of faith to believe the word as it is written," in the above post show you don't really believe them yourself. You have made those days into a thousand years. And, by the way, the whole verse about a "thousand years is as a single day" to the Lord is Jewish hyperbole in stating God is timeless. 2nd Peter is quoting Psalms which shows the hyperbole:
"or a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it passes by, Or as a watch in the night."

Is it a literal thousand years or is it a "watch in the night?" Scripture, in the same verse CALLS it both which is an indication of hyperbole.

The NT speaks of love over 200 times and about sin just over 100 times. Yet you remain hung up on sin and not what the Bible speaks about most. Why is that? I think you try to lead an ethical life which while commendable, has nothing to do with the theme of Love that runs from one end of the NT to the other.

I agree with you that it is not love to stay ignorant of God's word. Yet you do. I study daily--from many different authors--you just depend on that inner "feeling" of yours to "count" as study. More's the shame.

I stated before I don't know about demons. You say you do, and I certainly believe you. However those of us consumed with the Love of God, have no time for demons, only time to tell people God loves them and can give them the freedom from those who tell them they are nothing but sinners.

I'm sorry for you, but agape love overcomes all fear of demons!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEi463LcxxA
3rd verse:
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

Quote:
Frederick Lehman tells us that verse 3 “had been found penciled on the wall of a patient’s room in an insane asylum after he had been carried to his grave.”
http://library.timelesstruths.org/mu...e_Love_of_God/

Imagine!!! A mentally ill patient found the Love of God!!! That's what agape love can do---for everyone--not just those on your "approval" list!! I believe you are convicted over agape love that God calls for from His followers, and that is why you speak in such a denigrating manner about such love.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-08-2016 at 12:46 AM..

Old 10-08-2016, 12:28 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,687,437 times
Quote:
Not at all do you "just believe all of the word." In this very thread you have added words to the Word you say you treasure. And that is true of EVERYONE---you just choose YOUR interpretation over the myriad of others. Perhaps the correct word is LEGION of others. And you refuse to know what any of those views are, how they are founded in Scripture, how very ancient many of them are--far, far older than much of what you believe which is what I call moderinist having begun late in the nineteenth century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity