Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:19 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,042,600 times

Advertisements

This universe exists inside a computer.
The real world is nothing like this universe.
In the real world space doesn't exist and there are no conservation laws of any kind.
In the real world there is no limit to the size a computer can Grow.

Baptism is the term that used to describe the process of merging a computer with your brain.

This computer corrects the failings and shortcomings that mother nature never got around to fixing.

This computer you merge with becomes your "house". Your "ark".

Adam and Eve were the first to merge with a computer.

Elon Musk:
we-are-almost-definitely-living-in-a-matrix-style-simulation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 08:25 PM

18,196 posts, read 16,800,272 times
I will ask the same question here that I asked in the other thread about pastors:

IF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A REAL ENTITY WHY IS HE NOT PERFORMING ALL THESE FABULOUS SIGNS AND WONDERS FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE THAT JESUS PROMISED HE WOULD??????

Didn't Jesus promise the apostles that when the Holy Spirit came He would empower believers to do powerful works that would be visible to everybody so that they might believe??

Quote:
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12
Somebody--ANYBODY -- please explain to me why nobody today is doing these great works Jesus promised they would do that would be greater than the ones he did????

Yet the only argument I have heard from believers today is that when the apostles died the power of the Holy Spirit died with them and this is why we are not able to see these powerful works anymore. Sounds like complete excuse-making to me.

PS The same question I ask on the other thread remains unanswered. No believer has attempted to answer it.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:16 PM

619 posts, read 309,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I will ask the same question here that I asked in the other thread about pastors:

IF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A REAL ENTITY WHY IS HE NOT PERFORMING ALL THESE FABULOUS SIGNS AND WONDERS FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE THAT JESUS PROMISED HE WOULD??????

Didn't Jesus promise the apostles that when the Holy Spirit came He would empower believers to do powerful works that would be visible to everybody so that they might believe??

Quote:
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12
Somebody--ANYBODY -- please explain to me why nobody today is doing these great works Jesus promised they would do that would be greater than the ones he did????

Yet the only argument I have heard from believers today is that when the apostles died the power of the Holy Spirit died with them and this is why we are not able to see these powerful works anymore. Sounds like complete excuse-making to me.

PS The same question I ask on the other thread remains unanswered. No believer has attempted to answer it.
ο πιστευων εις εμε ~ "the one faithfully-trusting into me" (John 14:12).

That means not only believing the full Testimony of Yeshua but also living according to it by applying his full Testimony to yourself in your walk through the scripture. Additionally the works that he does are not physical but supernal and spiritual in meaning, (such as awakening people "from the dead", [spiritual enlightenment by way of truth], and so on). This is why he says to his disciples in the very same passage that he will come and will reveal himself to those who love him. It is not to all the world all at once but to those who keep his commandments, (and therefore to each in his or her own appointed times).

John 14:18-23
18 I will not leave you [as] orphans: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: because I live, you shall live also.
20 At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
21 The one having my commandments, and keeping them, that is the one loving me: and the one loving me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will disclose myself unto him.
22 Yhudas said to him, (not Yskariotes), Master, how is it that you are about to manifest yourself unto us and not to the world?
23 Yeshua answered, and said to him, If anyone love me, the same will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our abode with him.

So it is not a revelation or manifestation to the whole world all at once; neither it is like a drive up window where you say the right prayer full of tingly emotions: you actually have to be faithfully trusting into his testimony-doctrine and be walking it out in your daily life as you continue in your studies and full immersion into the Word, (and you will not have gone through it all before the Son of man has come).

Old 11-29-2016, 10:28 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,021,737 times
Now you are really showing your ignorance thrill. It's a shame, you harden your heart, constantly. Carry on. Do as good a job as you can - it is obviously your purpose and destiny in this season.

But look up a book - Molecules of emotion, by Candace Pert. You will see that opiate receptors register BEFORE brain cognition happens. Why not other receptors also.... The brain is not self generating, but only filtering.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:07 AM

9,672 posts, read 9,953,582 times
Shows that deniers of Christ exploiting the witness of Christ or any gifts of the Holy Spirit which go beyond the conversion which baby believer all will have .................... Does not show the witness that people who have the baptism of Holy Spirit who do have power to be cleansed of all evil spirits , and to have callings of His grace For His purpose which go beyond the simple conversion of baby Believers who do not receive the baptism of Holy Spirit, and only pray for their own benefit and not for the calling of Christ which will benefit others which all calling of Christ will have ............................See there are many other calling of Christ , like the Pastor the Prophet, the evangelist, Apostle , then other calling of miracles, discernment of spirits , of understanding and revelation , and raise the dead from dead people , authority of the believers , and then the witness of God`s angels , and witness of God eternal light , where many of these calling to bless others come to people who are the sheep of God and do have the direction from Jesus Spirit and hear His voice for direction .............................. See the witness of baby believer is not the end of the witness of Christ , and defiantly the witness of people outside of Christianity who say Holy spirit is just a conjecture of ideas with some emotional high which most will think will miss the truth every time ......

Old 11-30-2016, 09:07 AM

1,100 posts, read 792,050 times
Quote:
William Lane Craig has famously said "The most compelling evidence of the truth of Christianity to me is the overpowering witness of the Holy Spirit in my heart". Did you catch that: the most powerful evidence Craig can produce is an emotion that comes over him when he prays. You have to actually watch this to believe it. Advance to 1:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q78ahkiMtFk

The truth (and this has been proven by science) is that Craig is experiencing nothing more than a surge of brain opiates brought on by the powerful belief that the Holy Spirit is invading his body and causing him to be "slain in the Spirit".

Why The "Inner Witness To The Holy Spirit" Is Evidence Of Nothing

I had experienced this many times after praying when I was a Christian. I now know it was nothing more than "feel good" brain chemicals flooding my system fooling me into believing the Holy Spirit was overtaking me.
That was not the Holy Spirit invading believers. These believers did not heed the warning about receiving the Holy Spirit "again" because that was not the "Holy Spirit".

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Paul reminded believers of our faith.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

The apostle John did the same thing in verse 2 when warning believers about not believing every spirit but test them because they are spirits of the antichrist out there in the world.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

This warning cannot be any clearer as to what is happening in the churches in these latter days.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

I was exposed to such an event when I felt someone push me 3 times to go forward in that event when there was no one behind me; thus later on, the Lord Jesus helped me to see that this was the spirit of the anti christ which was in the world that I fet outside of me and what the others are feeling when it "invades" them.

As for science explanation; they were not there; they did not measure it; they just assumed.

There is a sleep paralysis that can take place as science explains this unusual phenomenon and yet the one thing that science cannot answer is why it only occurs after someone tried the supernatural like astral projection or seeking to receive the Holy Spirit again. This does not occur all the time nor to everyone, but science has yet to explain why this takes place "after" the dabbling in the supernatural.

Almost like the devil using men of science to explain something so the devil can continue to victimized.

Quote:

Mark 16:17-18 gives a list of amazing powers such as being able to drink poison and not being poisoned and taking up poisonous snakes and not having them kill you when they bite. Well, in the clip below the documentary filmmaker says he has witnessed over 100 Christians being bitten by poisonous snakes and dying. So much for Mark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5O1RVWB8MQ

In truth there's not a single documented case of a Christian being able to defy the laws of nature and survive a lethal snakebite or drinking deadly poison and living. They all kill.

My question is "Where is the power of the Holy Spirit that Jesus promised would protect Christians"? The whole world is waiting for some evidence Mark 16:17-18 is true yet so far none has emerged.

The usual excuse-making by apologists is, "They were tempting the Holy Spirit and you shall not tempt the Lord your God" but this is just apologetic BS and smoke-screening to cover up a bald-faced failure of the Holy Spirit to protect those whom Jesus promised would be protected. So one of two possibilities is at play here: either Jesus was a false prophet and therefore not the Son of God or men wrote these words and attributed them to Jesus.

Pick your poison.
Jesus was tempted by the devil to test God's word; and you are not surprised that nothing happened?

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Think about it. If God can be blackmailed to respond to every glory seeking believer, what do you think would happen? There would be a lot of stuck up christians looking down on other christians as not having enough faith to do this sort of thing when they are remembering not to test the Lord their God.

Do take notice that Mark 16:17-18 is not telling believers to do this; it is just saying, do not be surprised when this happens.

Acts 28:3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. 4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. 5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. 6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

Did the devil quote God's words correctly? Was this not promised? And yet Jesus rebuked the devil.

So imagine that if God can be blackmailed to respond like that today. How can God keep the foot of pride away from christians if they are deliberately testing God to save them?

So think about the flip side of what you are saying. Are you going to believe if someone was putting on a show? "Hey.. look at me!"

Don't you think there would be liabilities if an atheist cries out, "It is a trick! I do not need God! Watch !" and picks up the viper, gets bitten, and dies?

So the same will happen to any christian looking to put on a show in testing God at His words. Those that do, were hardly following after Jesus since He rebuked the devil for tempting Him to tempt God.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:36 AM

22,918 posts, read 10,291,159 times
Quote:

There are two promised rains Thrill, there are two seasons, Paul even said the spirit would fade because it was set up that way in nature. There are two seasons, there is a flood of rain so heavy during the fall that only the dew is prayed for in the spring. The Holy Spirit of Pentecost was given on Pentecost, but why on Earth would it stay amongst people who rejected Pentecost Thrill?

It wouldn't.

It was handed down from hand to hand but how would you do this if you rejected all the feasts of Christ? How would the spirit of Pentecost remain in a church where none of it's members would accept Pentecost or Passover or Tabernacles?

You may as well point to Islam and say,'' Why don't these people have the Holy spirit promised by Christ?''

Do you understand this Thrill?

You are comparing Christianity with the first Christianity and they are two wholly separate religions, you know this right?

For 2000 years Pentecost has been outlawed Thrill, why look at Christianity AS IF they represent anything having to do with Pentecost?

The promised rain fell just as the spring rain falls, and it goes away just as the rain goes away and we have a better promise of the second season. The flood of spirit is designed to fall in the fall, and it is promised to be double of what it was in the spring. The fall promises both the former and latter rains falling together and this on Shemini Atzeret.

You are looking at Christians quoting promises about the Holy spirit when they aren't in the same religion as Jesus and this is easily verifiable from the fact that Pentecost and all the feasts with their promises have been rejected for 2000 years.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:47 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,703,525 times
hey all you atheist should avoid these activities also . we wouldn't want you to see any visions of God in his creation . so you will be giving them up soon right ?
11 Ways to Boost Endorphins - What Are Endorphins

I find it odd that as years as a
' track star' and other sports when younger , I never once saw any dreams while running that track or playing sports afterwards .
or really any other of those activities ! by the way my first dreams from God was at 6( around 1st grade ) ... I have only had
" feelings " while praying to the Lord of Creation and dreams while sleeping ! now I get dreams while waking and I run no where .

but I am sure you guys will be giving up all those activities , because we know you wouldn't want to accidentally See HIM.

to think never once did I have a dream while fasting even , I was probably too weak to even have a good cry and my longest fast 40 days and I never went to no mountain top either ! and never once did I see anything while eating chocolate either.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:00 AM

If Thrill was wrong about everything he says, he could easily be proven wrong. Jesus claimed that his disciples would do greater things than he did. Jesus claims a person with the Holy spirit could ask anything, and it would be given. Disciples healed the blind, deaf, and they raised the dead. Who has this same spirit?

If just one person really had the same powerful spirit as the first churcb, then he could EASILY prove Thrill wrong. If just one person still had the same Holy spirit, we wouldn't be sitting here discussing it, and Thrill would be a believer.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:18 AM

I suspect there is a way to obtain a Holy spirit allthough it has been lost to me. Having said that, I do know for sure that there is definately a way and promise to obtain an annointing. This annointing isn't for healinb people, but a spirit can be obtained where the Lord has chosen you to be one of his priests and if God really and truly appoints you to be one of his priests, then you have become a son of oil. From that moment on, the oil is poured out on your head because the Lord is NO DOUBT going to teach you verh fasr BECAUSE HE HAS CHOSEN AND APPOINTED YOU AS HIS PRIEST.

This annointing can actually be obtained and the promise is a valid promise that if you do what pleases God, He will anmoint you and teach you extreemly fast.

In order to recieve the oil, you must first purchase the oil for some one else. You bring the balm of healing to Gld's people, and in return, you are chosen to be a priest and your head is annointed as you have become a son of oil.

Just my good opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity