Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 01:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
No it is not illogical, but even if it were illogical according to your (or anyone else's) standards of logic, the only thing that matters is if it is true or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's not true, so the only thing you are doing is creating a fear based religion of your own making.

And that's not rational.
Quote:
Yes it is true, and rational, but you choose to disregard God's Word and truth, and you rather hang on to your own opinions. What are you, other than dust and ashes? Yet you think you know better than the God that created you, you think your standard of morality is better than God's. It's nothing but the foolish pride that is characteristic for fallen, sinful, rebellious humanity, and sadly you will eventually receive the wages if you do not repent and turn to Christ.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
I am a living and conscious human being who was given the ability to reason. And I understand the differences between that which is right from that which is not. What you are imposing on humanity is ignorance, mixed with (callous) cruelty. There is no underworld of the damned, who are waiting for their resurrection merely to be crucified forever and ever. Nothing in that scenario of fearmongering and death that you have come to believe would be considered an act of Grace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 08:49 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,805 times
Quote:
I am a living and conscious human being who was given the ability to reason. And I understand the differences between that which is right from that which is not. What you are imposing on humanity is ignorance, mixed with (callous) cruelty. There is no underworld of the damned, who are waiting for their resurrection merely to be crucified forever and ever. Nothing in that scenario of fearmongering and death that you have come to believe would be considered an act of Grace.
You are wise in your own eyes, but not according to God's wisdom and truth.

1 Corinthians 1:18-24 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Quote:
You are wise in your own eyes, but not according to God's wisdom and truth.

1 Corinthians 1:18-24 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
I was not born to merely remain in ignorance, neither am I a scribe. It is the wisdom of the religious that will be brought to nought, as religious men exalt themselves. They are the one's seeking a sign as they follow the Greek philosophers with their enhanced underworld of pain and suffering. But you could say that I reject much of what has been taught by the Churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity