Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 11:25 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hmmmm. I think the last episode of Grimm had such a creature stealing sleep. They called it an Alpe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
If you're implying I/we made it up, imagined it, saw it on TV, ect., don't even try to go there with me. Peace
Sadly, I believe you truly believe what you have related and it makes for a very unpleasant world for you to live in. Our perceptions are very strongly influenced by what we accept and believe about reality. You are in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 10:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, I believe you truly believe what you have related and it makes for a very unpleasant world for you to live in. Our perceptions are very strongly influenced by what we accept and believe about reality. You are in my prayers.

And I believe that you're so wrapped up in your carnal mind and whatever lie it tells you, that you can't see the trees for the forest. Fact is, it happened, we BOTH experienced something that was not of this visible world (as have probably millions of other people who won't come forward for this very reason), and we BOTH testify to the facts as we experienced them, both visually and physically. Sadly, it may take such an earthquake experience to break up your fallow ground that refuses to be broken any other way, but you'll come out on the other side a changed and much wiser man. Peace

Old 02-19-2017, 10:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
And I believe that you're so wrapped up in your carnal mind and whatever lie it tells you, that you can't see the trees for the forest. Fact is, it happened, we BOTH experienced something that was not of this visible world (as have probably millions of other people who won't come forward for this very reason), and we BOTH testify to the facts as we experienced them, both visually and physically. Sadly, it may take such an earthquake experience to break up your fallow ground that refuses to be broken any other way, but you'll come out on the other side a changed and much wiser man. Peace
Millions?

And yet not a single photo, film clip etc. Except out of Hollywood.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Millions?

And yet not a single photo, film clip etc. Except out of Hollywood.

Since most people live their lives not expecting such an occurrence in the middle of the night, you'll have to forgive us for not being better prepared.

However, since you mention it, we did have a cassette tape recording of one at one time, but we loaned it out to so many people to listen to, it eventually got lost. Sounded like a gravelly voiced dog trying to speak English. But the "funny" thing was to watch people's reaction to it. The sound and the spirit behind it was enough to make some run out of the room, because it hit the very core of your being. Your mind may be able to block what it is, but your soul knows. Reaction is similar to a fly looking at the business end of a spider coming after it, and it's completely (spiritually) "instinctive", even if you don't consciously know what it is that elicited such a fearful response.

For the first 3 years, we did nothing but witness to thousands of people and the (NOT) surprising thing was how many of them were having their own experiences (things flying off the walls, being bound in their bed, feeling a pressure on them, ect.) and had no understanding on what was happening to them. In all cases, there was a correlation between the person (or their kids) and some sort of witchcraft involvement. Once uncovered, it was a free for all, as they don't like to be uncovered, and they like it even less when they are forced to release their intended victim.

Of course, these are all things that men have no understanding of and never will, as long as they run from the power of G-d and His Son. The enemy of our soul's greatest achievement after the fall, is to convince people that there is no kingdom of darkness to be overcome, making "To he that overcometh", a lie. Peace

Old 02-19-2017, 11:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Rbbi, here's how I see it. You may very well have seen such things, but...

I have no desire to open my mind and spirit and life and eyes to it, because I couldn't do anything about it. Only God could. So, I'll continue to desire that my mind and eyes and heart and life be open to God. God is what is Real, and any demons/evil lurking about are certainly not a part of that Reality. In other words, these demons surely only exist in the minds of people, and are manifesting from that. So, I'll desire to be immersed in Reality, and I'll leave any demons to God to sort out.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Overcoming fear, releases you from the bondage of it.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Rbbi, here's how I see it. You may very well have seen such things, but...

I have no desire to open my mind and spirit and life and eyes to it, because I couldn't do anything about it. Only God could. So, I'll continue to desire that my mind and eyes and heart and life be open to God. God is what is Real, and any demons/evil lurking about are certainly not a part of that Reality. In other words, these demons surely only exist in the minds of people, and are manifesting from that. So, I'll desire to be immersed in Reality, and I'll leave any demons to God to sort out.

I'm not suggesting that you open yourself up to anything but Him and His Word.

However, with your reasoning, pity then that Yeshua didn't tell the man that his demons were only manifesting from his mind, and he just needed to think better thoughts. And of course, when the disciples came back stating that even the demons were subject to them in His name, He should have told them it was just in all of their minds. Telling someone that is experiencing such things that it is all in their minds, is the worst thing you could do to them. Peace

Old 02-19-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I agree. And how does one who believes in a God that is good, and in Whom there is no shadow, overcome the fear of shadows? Certainly not by seeking out the shadows (that seem so real in our minds), but by remaining in the Light so that one can experience that shadows don't really exist.

And I'm not just about the kind of shadows (demons) that Rbbi is talking about. I think this is true of anything that makes us fearful.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

I was delivered of fear by G-d shortly thereafter, in order to be able to walk through these things with people, and set them free. It would be impossible to walk out, otherwise. Peace

Old 02-19-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I'm not suggesting that you open yourself up to anything but Him and His Word.

However, with your reasoning, pity then that Yeshua didn't tell the man that his demons were only manifesting from his mind, and he just needed to think better thoughts. And of course, when the disciples came back stating that even the demons were subject to them in His name, He should have told them it was just in all of their minds. Telling someone that is experiencing such things that it is all in their minds, is the worst thing you could do to them. Peace
I never said anything about needing to think better thoughts.

It seems very important to you to believe that the demons are subject to you, just as the disciples believed. I believe that the shadows are subject to God, and God alone. If you want to do battle with demons, that's fine. Seriously. I'm simply sharing with you that I believe the better way is to accept that it is God and God alone that scatters the shadows that we have created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity