Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:16 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

It has come to my attention that some posters have come in to disuade others from a Good conversation in Jesus Christ.
Attempting to infer offenses on the Children. Even tempting them to curse Yisrael.

So i will not stand by and leave anyone ignorant.
Below is the whole of the scripture. And account of an evil council.

Opinions are welcome.
And to add. Judgment involves reconciling to the Truth of a matter in kindness and fair weights.

2 Samuel 13King James Version (KJV)

13 And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her.

2 And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do anything to her.

3 But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.

4 And he said unto him, Why art thou, being the king's son, lean from day to day? wilt thou not tell me? And Amnon said unto him, I love Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister.

5 And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.

6 So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand.

7 Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon's house, and dress him meat.

8 So Tamar went to her brother Amnon's house; and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes.

9 And she took a pan, and poured them out before him; but he refused to eat. And Amnon said, Have out all men from me. And they went out every man from him.

10 And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother.

11 And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.

12 And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly.

13 And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 01:35 PM

An example of what I took notice of.
Firstly.
Amnon, was vexed.
Then.
Fell sick for his half sister.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:37 PM

The origin of "God is in the details."

Old 01-11-2017, 01:41 PM

A little leaven...

1 Corinthians 5King James Version (KJV)

5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Old 01-11-2017, 03:16 PM

Something to ponder of the subtlety of the enemy.
As for the evil council of jonadab.

Does anyone see him for what he is?

Old 01-11-2017, 03:34 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The Christianity forum has new rules which is free for people who believe in God Jesus which is better than it has been for many years ....... Still Adultery from these scriptures is still illegal for people who worship God in spirit and in truth which Christians with the Holy Spirit will still resist .......................... It is the will of God that Christians do not reject people , as to love the neighbor which is everyone on the earth , and even the enemies we are called a child of God , we are to pray blessing on our enemies ............... Then there may be weak Christian who have a hard time to resist the sin nature , and the power of Christ may be weak which these new Christians may have to stay away from the world until they do resist sin through Christ ............ See God will not condemn us if we mingle with the world , only if we engage and refuse to resist sin , like if sin comes Christians are called to resist and rebuke the sin to the Lord God , and love the people even if they sin , and God will give His people, who rebuke sin a pass .......

Old 01-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Christianity forum has new rules which is free for people who believe in God Jesus which is better than it has been for many years ....... Still Adultery from these scriptures is still illegal for people who worship God in spirit and in truth which Christians with the Holy Spirit will still resist .......................... It is the will of God that Christians do not reject people , as to love the neighbor which is everyone on the earth , and even the enemies we are called a child of God , we are to pray blessing on our enemies ............... Then there may be weak Christian who have a hard time to resist the sin nature , and the power of Christ may be weak which these new Christians may have to stay away from the world until they do resist sin through Christ ............ See God will not condemn us if we mingle with the world , only if we engage and refuse to resist sin , like if sin comes Christians are called to resist and rebuke the sin to the Lord God , and love the people even if they sin , and God will give His people, who rebuke sin a pass .......
Excellent message and very kind of you to join in an honest conversation.

Something else I could see in the scriptural account of jonadab.
Is that he ecouraged and elicited the sinfullness.

I also believe it is imparetive upon the believers in the body of Christ to be vigilant in such matters as to guard the unwary sheep.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:10 PM

Discretion:
the quality of having or showing discernment or good judgment : the quality of being discreet : circumspection; especially : cautious reserve in speech.

I hope this definition helps to clarify.
As pertaining to the Holy given gift of discernment.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Proverbs 19
And Eccl. 7
In light of forgiveness.

The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

Though everyone knows that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unforgivable.
It is the enemy that temps the unaware.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:36 PM

Absalom with deep seated bitterness in judgement was swift to shed blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity