Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 09:38 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times

Advertisements

The Christian "bar of soap" is this verse, and it has paralyzed most of the people of God for years. What part of "I have taken away the sins of the world" is not clear? ALL of our sins are now gone since the cross for believers, the one sin of UNBELIEF remains for all the rest who reject the free offer from Jesus. If Jesus took them away but you are confessing sins HE says are gone are you not essentially calling Him a liar? My response is I know full well I'm still a sinner but I thank Him daily for what HE has already done. And of course to know you are forgiven is not to spur you on to more sin, we are all to be led by the Spirit and live holy lives. But the believers sins are taken away for eternity and are no longer a divider between us and the Lord. Read in Hebrews where it says Jesus came to die ONE TIME ONLY for the sins of the world and at His second coming He will not be dealing with sin. Further in Hebrews it says there is no remission of sins without shedding of blood, and Jesus did not get tied to a cross so He could confess, He shed His own blood. If there were more sin to deal with then Jesus would have to die again and we are plainly told that isn't going to happen.

If God holds one sin against any of us we will not see heaven since it is Holy and pure and sinless.......now we can be reassured in Romans 8:1 where we see there is now no condemnation for us........take it to the bank.....Jesus completed the work that we couldn't and offers us a total salvation freely........everything is given to us that day, Holy Spirit, we are now Ambassadors for Christ with a citizenship in heaven. Now go out an thank Jesus for all of it and tell somebody else about it and don't worry about endlessly confessing..........we confess that we are sinners when we accept the Gospel of grace and truly believe and that settles it......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 10:15 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Here we go again.

Confess - "to agree with (another)".

What are we agreeing with? What God says about us! We are the righteousness of God in Christ! We are forgiven! We are sanctified, justified, redeemed - AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD.

Now, who is "confessing" every little thing in their life? And why do you try?

The worshippers once purged should have no more conscience of sins!

Welcome to the freedom He has purchased for us, why don't you rest and receive it?

Old 01-13-2017, 10:16 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The Christian "bar of soap" is this verse, and it has paralyzed most of the people of God for years. What part of "I have taken away the sins of the world" is not clear? ALL of our sins are now gone since the cross for believers, the one sin of UNBELIEF remains for all the rest who reject the free offer from Jesus. If Jesus took them away but you are confessing sins HE says are gone are you not essentially calling Him a liar? My response is I know full well I'm still a sinner but I thank Him daily for what HE has already done. And of course to know you are forgiven is not to spur you on to more sin, we are all to be led by the Spirit and live holy lives. But the believers sins are taken away for eternity and are no longer a divider between us and the Lord. Read in Hebrews where it says Jesus came to die ONE TIME ONLY for the sins of the world and at His second coming He will not be dealing with sin. Further in Hebrews it says there is no remission of sins without shedding of blood, and Jesus did not get tied to a cross so He could confess, He shed His own blood. If there were more sin to deal with then Jesus would have to die again and we are plainly told that isn't going to happen.

If God holds one sin against any of us we will not see heaven since it is Holy and pure and sinless.......now we can be reassured in Romans 8:1 where we see there is now no condemnation for us........take it to the bank.....Jesus completed the work that we couldn't and offers us a total salvation freely........everything is given to us that day, Holy Spirit, we are now Ambassadors for Christ with a citizenship in heaven. Now go out an thank Jesus for all of it and tell somebody else about it and don't worry about endlessly confessing..........we confess that we are sinners when we accept the Gospel of grace and truly believe and that settles it......
The issue of the believer's sins is one not of salvation, but of fellowship. Jesus did indeed die for the sins of the world and sin is therefore not an issue in salvation. The issue in salvation is whether or not you place your faith in Christ Jesus for eternal life.

But when the believer sins, that sin grieves and quenches the Holy Spirit.
Eph. 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

1 Thess. 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit.
When the believer sins he gets out of fellowship with God until that sin is confessed as per 1 John 1:9.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The believer out of fellowship through having committed a sin is under the control of his old sin nature instead of being filled with the Holy Spirit. While every believer is permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit, the filling of the Spirit which is a different ministry of the Holy Spirit is lost when a sin is committed, and restored when the sin is acknowledged to God. Because the filling of the Spirit is lost as a result of having committed a sin, the believer is commanded to be filled with the Spirit.
Eph. 5:18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,
The believer's eternal salvation cannot be lost, but the believer's moment by moment rapport with God is interrupted by sin until He simply names the sin as per 1 John 1:9. Because the sin was already judged at the cross and forgiven in a judicial sense, God can forgive the sin in a relational sense (a matter of rapport) when the believer simply admits that he committed the sin. And that's a matter of grace.

When the believer sins, he is in a state of carnality and his spiritual progress is stalled out until he names the sin. This puts him back in a position to continue his spiritual advance.

And that is why the believer should confess his sins to God when he commits them.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:42 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The issue of the believer's sins is one not of salvation, but of fellowship. Jesus did indeed die for the sins of the world and sin is therefore not an issue in salvation. The issue in salvation is whether or not you place your faith in Christ Jesus for eternal life.

But when the believer sins, that sin grieves and quenches the Holy Spirit.
Eph. 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

1 Thess. 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit.
When the believer sins he gets out of fellowship with God until that sin is confessed as per 1 John 1:9.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The believer out of fellowship through having committed a sin is under the control of his old sin nature instead of being filled with the Holy Spirit. While every believer is permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit, the filling of the Spirit which is a different ministry of the Holy Spirit is lost when a sin is committed, and restored when the sin is acknowledged to God. Because the filling of the Spirit is lost as a result of having committed a sin, the believer is commanded to be filled with the Spirit.
Eph. 5:18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,
The believer's eternal salvation cannot be lost, but the believer's moment by moment rapport with God is interrupted by sin until He simply names the sin as per 1 John 1:9. Because the sin was already judged at the cross and forgiven in a judicial sense, God can forgive the sin in a relational sense (a matter of rapport) when the believer simply admits that he committed the sin. And that's a matter of grace.

When the believer sins, he is in a state of carnality and his spiritual progress is stalled out until he names the sin. This puts him back in a position to continue his spiritual advance.

And that is why the believer should confess his sins to God when he commits them.
Jesus Himself stressed the necessity of confessing your sins as a believer with the analogy of foot washing when He washed the feet of the disciples at the last supper (John 13:4-14).

Jesus began to wash the feet of the disciples. When He came to Peter, Peter protested that Jesus should never wash his feet. But Jesus told Peter that if He didn't wash his feet then Peter had no part with Him. Peter then said to Jesus to wash not only his feet but also his hands and his head. To that, Jesus replied that he who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean.

Jesus then stated that the disciples were clean (they had been saved, they had bathed when they trusted in Him). The exception was Judas Iscariot. He was not clean. He had never bathed. He had never been saved.

Those who have bathed are clean. They are saved. But they still need to wash their feet which refers by way of spiritual application to naming their sins in order to be in fellowship.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:51 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yes, you must confess your sins. You must also feel remorse for having committed them and sincerely do your best not to turn around and commit them again. For a period of time, my son ("a non-practicing Mormon") was living with his fiancee (an "occasional Catholic"). Whenever she got the idea in her head that she wanted to go to mass and receive communion, she'd first go to confession and tell the priest that she'd been sleeping with her fiancee. She would then complete the required penance (prayers, etc.), attend mass, receive communion and return home to resume her previous lifestyle with my son. My son, who has no use for organized religion of any kind, told me how much that bothered him. "At least in Mormonism," he said, "if you confess your sins and repent, it actually means something."

(P.S. She ended up cheating on him and they broke off the engagement three weeks prior to the marriage.)
Amen, Katzpur ! I even totally agree with what your son said and he's so right in what he stated

Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I'm trying to start a new topic. I confess my sins.
Not so much nowadays unless of cause i'm harming someone. I came to see that if i was on the case of my children every timed they failed(themselves), i would be doing far more ill than good correcting them.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:40 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Genuine believers have no sin in the eyes of God.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:27 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
I believe Jesus said ALL..He did not say EXCEPT for..

Old 01-13-2017, 01:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Are you willfully sinning?
Only in ignorance. Whatever we do we have willed, don't kid yourself and excuse and deceive yourself with the ignorant sin nonsense while at the same time calling out what you think is willful sin in others.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:10 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Only in ignorance. Whatever we do we have willed, don't kid yourself and excuse and deceive yourself with the ignorant sin nonsense while at the same time calling out what you think is willful sin in others.
No, he is right, there is a huge difference between willful sin and a battle against our flesh. I heard that one of the ways they used to kill people in the old days is they tie them up to a dead body, untill the decay of the corpse would kill them aswell. Likewise believers are still tied up to the sinful flesh (Romans 7) yet fight against it with the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 8). But if there's no struggle, no remorse over sin and no fight against it, perhaps your nature never truly changed, as Jesus said you must be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity