Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 02:40 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,524,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
what do you base that on?
The link in the OP. The way they count "martyrs" is not equal to "killed for claiming the name of Christ." They add war, conflicts, random killings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 02:41 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,109,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
The link in the OP. The way they count "martyrs" is not equal to "killed for claiming the name of Christ." They add war, conflicts, random killings...
Can you quote anywhere that it says that it was US bombs?

Old 01-14-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So you accept people who kill innocents in the name of Christ as Christian now?? What real evidence do we have that these people were even killed? Or that they were killed for being christian and not for being terrorists?

When you dig down, you see that the majority died in the civil war in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Are there really 100,000 new Christian martyrs every year?

More than four million are estimated to have been killed in that war between 2000 and 2010, and CSGC counts 900,000 of them - or 20% - as martyrs.
Over 10 years, that averages out at 90,000 per year.

Most died fighting in a WAR--an activity most which evangelicals approve of
You're quoting another source, stating that it discredits the one the OP posted. Are you able to directly address the OPs post, or are you going to simply go with this new article, stating it is authoritative?

Old 01-14-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Can you quote anywhere that it says that it was US bombs?
Well no that's not in the link. The link said war and conflicts and where these Christians have been dying are being bombed by the US. So .....

Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Well no that's not in the link. The link said war and conflicts and where these Christians have been dying are being bombed by the US. So .....
So you have no real evidence to back up the assertion you're making. gotcha.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
So you have no real evidence to back up the assertion you're making. gotcha.
You didn't ask me to do that, you asked if it was in the link.

Now clam down Viz ... I agree with you that dying because you believe in Christ makes one a martyr, but the link in the OP is simple math. They count a whole lot more than people simply dying because of their beliefs. I think it is impossible to figure out how many Christian martyrs died last year, but if someone adds dying from war in the equation it is simple to see the number being lower than what is reported.

Does that make sense?

Old 01-14-2017, 02:52 PM

27,537 posts, read 15,971,009 times
Even pew Pew Study: Christians Are The World

Old 01-14-2017, 02:55 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,946,511 times
Jesus Christ knows who was His and who was not , as Jesus Children souls would be collected and given a martyrs crown of life , which is not a proud thing at all but a honorable blessing from God ............. See terrorist and war pigs can kill of the body of a child of God but they cannot kill their souls .......

Old 01-14-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
You didn't ask me to do that, you asked if it was in the link.

Now clam down Viz ... I agree with you that dying because you believe in Christ makes one a martyr, but the link in the OP is simple math. They count a whole lot more than people simply dying because of their beliefs. I think it is impossible to figure out how many Christian martyrs died last year, but if someone adds dying from war in the equation it is simple to see the number being lower than what is reported.

Does that make sense?
I'll agree that we are likely not talking about ONLY people that are dying as a direct result of someone saying "Let's go kill some Christians". But it does not state that they are US bombs killing them, which you stated.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I'll agree that we are likely not talking about ONLY people that are dying as a direct result of someone saying "Let's go kill some Christians". But it does not state that they are US bombs killing them, which you stated.
Yes it does not state that. It also doesn't state Syrian bombs, or Russian bombs, or Iran's bombs.

My response was because you thought they were all killed for their belief in Christ (Which is what the topic suggests, but it is wrong).

I'm not trying to start any trouble with you, I just need to spread reputation points around before I can give another one to ya!

I'd also like to tell you to relax, don't let this non Christian place stress you out.

I'm back and God's Word is going to rule here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity