Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 01:47 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
KJV is difficult to follow. The KJV was written at a time when the spoken English was different than today and written where the common people could understand at that period of time.
And for all the modern Bibles that are supposed to be easier to read than the KJV published out there, they are still at it for trying to make an easier to read Bible than the KJV.

So maybe the route everyone should take is lean on Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to help them understand His words in the KJV.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the modern translations of the Bible.
The post you are replying to has just given proof of what is wrong with all modern Bibles as all modern Bibles supports false teachings and apostasies that are in the churches in these latter days.

Quote:
Even if you wish to get the most accurate message of the Bible, then the best way is to get to the original texts and not the translations such as when it was first written in Hebrew or Ancient Greek.
I can only suggest asking the Lord which Bible to rely on for the meat of His words that do not decline from the testimonies of the Son and that do not run contrary to other truths in the scripture of that Bible.

It is because the church refuses to stick with the KJV is why I cannot expose the works of darkness within that church in its false teachings and practices that modern Bibles support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 12:36 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,532 times
Post Sunday Servce

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Awfully elaborate rationalization on why you want to sleep in on Sunday morning.
Greeting
I understand, there is a day for every-thing even on a Sunday, but my wish to serve the Lord, for each one of us have his or her own walk or calling, their are many and are not the same, your may be on Sunday, but it does not mean that mine on a Sunday, but is a day that truly follow

Quote:
After all, as critical as Christ was of the synagogue in his day, he still managed to attend temple.

Yes I love the days of old, their are none, life the days of being in the
synagogue, but I knew that be like Israelite world take time, but I can be one in the eyes of the Lord.

You touch a nerve, but that's OK many do.

I love true story

One Sabbath day as Jesus was teaching in a synagogue

Luke 13:10

Mark 1:20-22And immediately He called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, and went after Him.
Then they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and taught.
And they were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Not Sunday

Luke 4:31Then He went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and was teaching them on the Sabbaths.
Not Sunday

Luke 6:1-11And it came to pass on the second Sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.
And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the Sabbath days?
And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;

How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the showbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?
And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath.
And it came to pass also on another Sabbath, which he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the Sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him.
But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?
And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus.

Luke 13:12-17When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, “Dear woman, you are healed of your sickness!”
Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised God!
But the leader in charge of the synagogue was indignant that Jesus had healed her on the Sabbath day. “There are six days of the week for working,” he said to the crowd. “Come on those days to be healed, not on the Sabbath.”
But the Lord replied, “You hypocrites! Each of you works on the Sabbath day! Don’t you untie your ox or your donkey from its stall on the Sabbath and lead it out for water?
This dear woman, a daughter of Abraham, has been held in bondage by Satan for eighteen years. Isn’t it right that she be released, even on the Sabbath?”

This shamed his enemies, but all the people rejoiced at the wonderful things he did.

Luke 13:14And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the Sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the Sabbath day.

Matthew 23:1-7Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.
For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments.
They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.'

Matthew 5:1-2And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Matthew 5:3-12Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Quote:
I realize that you are perfect, and you are so disappointed in the failings of those lesser mortals imperfectly trying to live their faith, but you should really give it another shot.
Disappointed not at all, failure is mother of all success, perfection come's from all failure, imperfection have its beauty, it only in the eyes of the beholder, but if it came to the Lord and look at all of us, do you know what He said imperfection.

Quote:
What makes you so special?
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God!
Romans 3:23

But he does say what is to come, and not like your horror show

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death." '
Revelation 2:11

This is the second death. Revelation 20:14

He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and *****-mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burn
with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21:7-8

All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 24:8-14

But to let you know I do go to many Churches of I am Living stone

PS read some of my post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity