Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 04:25 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,522 times

Advertisements

Greeting

I needed to see with others, I am Comparing what happen to me, in man-made Churches, I say man-made, because it cause by the hands of men, but also sorry to say even more so among women, I didn’t want say anything I try first, see if I just can help, because I knew that I was the same out of the Church, but no one listen to me, I was so sad, I try a new Church it was the same, oh my, then other and others, but I try to take time, its was the same.
So I stop going, but I try something new, to made my Church-Body a place for the Holy Spirit just like Moses did, as God instructed him to so.

1 Peter 2:5-6you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."

Exodus 35:29The children of Israel brought a willing offering unto the LORD, every man and woman, whose heart made them willing to bring for all manner of work, which the LORD had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses.

I try a new Church it was the same, oh my then other and others, and the said why
No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
(Matthew 9:16)

Now I know that all Churches are not the same as these ones O-NO! I saw and was in

we read in 1 Timothy 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
1 Timothy 3:15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
2 Timothy 1:16 May the Lord show special kindness to Onesiphorus and all his family because he often visited and encouraged me. He was never ashamed of me because I was in chains.
2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor.

But the Lord saw that was troubling me and told me in his words and I say this to those who hurt the weak or a stranger.

We read in or begin with Zechariah 13:1 (KJV) In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Zechariah 13:1 "In that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness.
For sin and for impurity.
Psalms 83:13-14 O my God, make them like the whirling dust, Like the chaff before the wind!

Zechariah 13:1 (YLT) In that day there is a fountain opened To the house of David And to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, For sin and for impurity.

Micah 7:1-13 (NLT) How miserable I am! I feel like the fruit picker after the harvest who can find nothing to eat. Not a cluster of grapes or a single early fig can be found to satisfy my hunger.

There are newcomer believers, who come to the house of God, but sometimes the house of Lord becomes a house membership only.

Micah 7:1 (YLT) My woe is to me, for I have been As gatherings of summer-fruit, As gleanings of harvest, There is no cluster to eat, The first-ripe fruit desired hath my soul.

Micah 7: 2The godly people have all distempered ; not one honest person is left on the earth. They are all murderers, setting traps even for their own brothers.

the righteous person can distempered a newcomer that comes in a house of the Lord?

Micah 7: 3 3 Both their hands are equally skilled at doing evil! Officials and judges alike demand bribes. The people with influence get what they want, and together they scheme to twist justice.

Micah 7: 4Even the best of them is like a brier; the most honest is as dangerous as a hedge of thorns. But your judgment day is coming swiftly now. Your time of punishment is here, a time of confusion.

they are like a brier of thorns, meaning peoples are like a brier, more hurting others.
I was wounded in the house of my friends.'

Micah 7: 5Don’t trust anyone— not your best friend or even your wife!
Micah 7: 6 For the son despises his father. The daughter defies her mother. The daughter-in-law defies her mother-in-law. Your enemies are right in your own household!

I know the System is not perfect, but System became against me.

Christ said, we read in Zechariah 13:6 ) And one ask Jesus, 'What are these wounds between your arms?' Then he will answer, 'Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.'

the house of God as in like the house of David had the same problem with its people as we are sometimes with our self’s , even at home see Micah 7: 6

Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
But know this, which if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Matthew 24:42-44

if the master of the house, who is the master the Church, as well the master of my home?

1 Peter 4:17 For the time have come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and

if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

If it first begin at us, you and I, if I knew some of the knowledge of the gospel and did I not know to do the same to a stranger, who ask the same? As I did? because as it is same in my father houses, but more so outside the Church, or they became the same? Them I do everything in vain!

Romans 2:1-3 (NLT) You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things.
And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things.
Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things?

Romans 14:13-14 (NLT) So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.
I know and am convinced on the authority of the Lord Jesus that no food, in and of itself, is wrong to eat. But if someone believes it is wrong, then for that person it is wrong.

Romans 14:10-13 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God."
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.
Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 05:01 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
I read your post and tried to understand what point you wanted to make, but I could not figure out the gist of what you were trying to say.

I don't go to church because I don't agree with all the various points of doctrine in the churches. I also don't care for the set up of "clergy" facing "audience".

I could probably hang out with a small group if they were similar to me in their perspective about God. That's about as close as I would be able to get to "going to church" anymore.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:15 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.25 Brethren, pray for us.

2 Thessalonians 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;..............13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

That is what a church is supposed to do, but if the church is teaching error, how then can one correct when red tapes prevents any correction by the word of God as kept in the King James Bible?

And when you have all those modern Bibles out there opposing what the KJV says as to what is good and evil for us to abide in Him & His words as His disciples, then it is no wonder why no church can heed any correction even if you get past the red tape to take the floor in sharing your concern for the body of Christ.

So what is a believer left to do?

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

So there is nothing built by our hands for the Holy Spirit to dwell in any more for Jesus Christ has done it.

You can worship Him anywhere at any time because your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ is in you along with the Father so there is no going to a place of worship as if God or the Holy Spirit is confined there or will visit there weekly. It is because of the Good News to man, He is in you always, so you can honor the Son in worship anywhere in order for you to honor the Father at the same time which is what the Holy Spirit is leading believers to do in worship; to honor the Son so that you are honoring the Father. There is no honoring the Holy Spirit in worship because the Holy Spirit was not sent to lead a believer to do that in speaking of Himself in seeking His own glory, ( see John 16:13-15 ) but to honor the Son in worship in testifying of Him through us in seeking His glory in worship ( John 15:26-27 ) and by honoring the Son, we honor the Father; because that is the Father;s solitary will on how He wants us to honor the Father by.... by only honoring the Son. (John 5:22-23 & John 13:31-32 & Philippians 2:5-11 )

Keep your eyes on the Bridegroom for He will be coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ. Trust Him as your Good Shepherd to help you understand His words in the King James Bible to discern good & evil by to follow Him as His disciples; and not a disciple of a church or a disciple of your own making.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:20 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Greetings to the WordlsOne:

Any thoughts just on this one verse at Hebrews 10:25 to Not forsake gathering together

Old 01-14-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
You can worship Him anywhere at any time because your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ is in you along with the Father so there is no going to a place of worship as if God or the Holy Spirit is confined there or will visit there weekly. It is because of the Good News to man, He is in you always, so you can honor the Son in worship anywhere in order for you to honor the Father at the same time which is what the Holy Spirit is leading believers to do in worship; to honor the Son so that you are honoring the Father. There is no honoring the Holy Spirit in worship because the Holy Spirit was not sent to lead a believer to do that in speaking of Himself in seeking His own glory, ( see John 16:13-15 ) but to honor the Son in worship in testifying of Him through us in seeking His glory in worship ( John 15:26-27 ) and by honoring the Son, we honor the Father; because that is the Father;s solitary will on how He wants us to honor the Father by.... by only honoring the Son. (John 5:22-23 & John 13:31-32 & Philippians 2:5-11 )

Keep your eyes on the Bridegroom for He will be coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ. Trust Him as your Good Shepherd to help you understand His words in the King James Bible to discern good & evil by to follow Him as His disciples; and not a disciple of a church or a disciple of your own making.

I agree with you about the people being the temple of God and glorifying the God by honoring his son Jesus.

But the problem in churches today has nothing to do with people reading the wrong bible translation. I am not trying to change your mind, but your division over "which bible translation" is just one of many divisions that cause God's people to be divided. People can worship together without carrying a bible at all, don't you think?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:21 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I agree with you about the people being the temple of God and glorifying the God by honoring his son Jesus.
But the problem in churches today has nothing to do with people reading the wrong bible translation. I am not trying to change your mind, but your division over "which bible translation" is just one of many divisions that cause God's people to be divided. People can worship together without carrying a bible at all, don't you think?
How did Jesus conduct his worship but by teaching that Scripture is religious truth - John 1:17; John 4:23-24
Meetings are to learn more about what is in the Word of God (Bible) - Hebrews 10:24-25

The problem is Not necessarily ' translations ' but with ' paraphrased ' versions which are Not translations.
I have seen some way-out so-called translations, but one can easily compare the JKV Bible with others.
And also we can consult a Greek/English interlinear translation besides the old Hebrew to see verses more clearly.
How would the Ethiopian official come to an accurate knowledge of Scripture if Not for (Bible) Scripture.
He did Not understand until Philip helped him understand - Acts 8:28-35

Old 01-14-2017, 07:01 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
How did Jesus conduct his worship but by teaching that Scripture is religious truth - John 1:17; John 4:23-24
No He did NOT. He taught that the scriptures tell of Him and that they should come to Him to know the truth.
Quote:
Meetings are to learn more about what is in the Word of God (Bible) - Hebrews 10:24-25
Wrong, meetings are to summon Him in everyone, usually three or more in His name.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:33 AM

I know what is in the bible. If people want to study the bible, I recommend they do so alone and in prayer, asking God to show them the truth. I could certainly have a gathering with the saints without cracking a bible open.

If you were thrown into prison without a bible, would you be able to "find God" or feel his presence? I sure hope so.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:21 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Jesus sees His people who do not go to church as the displaced ....... Then there are believers who do not go to church because they have ought against the church which is trespasses which need to be forgiven and then Father God can forgive their sins ......... I go almost every week if I can as Jesus spirit tells here to go a pray for the people , and going to church is stabilities in Christ , ....Some time I will go to different church to break the curse of pride for my church which is out of the will of God ........ Still if there is churches in your area which has the evidence of Holy Spirit and preaches the gospel of Christ then , then you should go there as then you will know for sure Jesus is there as these churches will be in the will of God

Old 01-15-2017, 08:25 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I read your post and tried to understand what point you wanted to make, but I could not figure out the gist of what you were trying to say.

I don't go to church because I don't agree with all the various points of doctrine in the churches. I also don't care for the set up of "clergy" facing "audience".

I could probably hang out with a small group if they were similar to me in their perspective about God. That's about as close as I would be able to get to "going to church" anymore.
I agree with you on several levels.

RainMusics' post rambled too much. I suspect because emotions were involved that are difficult to express in words. I read a lot of frustration and near-tears disappointment. Yes or no?

Doctrine in the church is a mess. There is too little said about points that have deep meaning and too much emphasis on things that don't matter. Bottom line is that the modern emphasis is on putting butts in seats. If happy talk and a big song and dance musical production will do it - its done. It's about the money. That's it and that's all.

The church today is indistinguishable from a secular corporation.

I abandoned the church because I got tired of leaving a service filled with anger and discontent. It's a total waste of time and I have better things to do.

Then I found someplace else. Some thing else.

I found a Messianic Jewish synagogue in my community and checked it out. The language and the traditions are totally Jewish, but their doctrines are firm and ancient. There is meaning and spiritual satisfaction that was missing from the secularized church. Best of all they accept and believe that Yeshuah (Jesus) is their messiah (ha mashiah) and that one cannot have peace (shalom) with God unless one is born again. Other than this one point, it's all Jewish all the time. It is not Christian it is not a church.

The beauty of Judaism is that you can adopt as much or as little of it as suits your taste. I still eat ham and cheese and if I want to cook matzo ball soup* I do that too. If I learn a little Hebrew that's cool too. Being a gentile has its advantages. Being a member of a Messianic Jewish congregation has spiritual benefits too. What's not to like?

Best of all - when I leave a temple service I'm glad I went.

and that's me, hollering shalom from the choir loft...

* matzo ball soup is chicken soup with matzo crackers formed into balls. It's like little dumplings when you cook it in soup.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 01-15-2017 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity