Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 09:05 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

This is interesting:

Gogmagog (giant)

Gogmagog (also Goemagot, Goemagog, Goëmagot and Gogmagoc) was a legendary giant in Welsh and later English folklore. According to Geoffrey of Monmouth's Historia Regum Britanniae ("The History of The Kings of Britain", 12th century), he was a giant inhabitant of Albion, thrown off a cliff during a wrestling match with Corineus (a companion of Brutus of Troy). Gogmagog was the last of the Giants found by Brutus and his men inhabiting the land of Albion.

The effigies of Gogmagog and Corineus, used in English pagentry and later instituted as guardian statues at Guildhall in London eventually earned the familiar names "Gog and Magog".

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogmagog_(giant)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 09:39 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
I see the nations of Israel and the United States as being like Gog and Magog in the Bible.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,455 times
One of them is a collection of nations containing Russia, Iran, Turkey and Syria, I think. Don't quote me on that. They may wipe out the U.S. before attacking Israel. I hope not, but I am concerned about it and I do not claim to know. It's a hunch of mine. I think Putin is tickled pink that he only has Trump to deal with and he's doing a good job of jamming the communication here on intelligence.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:30 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Then these are nation on the earth before the flood of Noah ark ,......... thousand years after the second coming of Jesus Christ, these are nations at the end of time will fight each other Gog against Magog and the children of God will be surrounded , then God will destroy the whole lot of armies , right before the great judgment of creation were every person will raise from the dead and spirit on the earth will be judged one last time ...

Old 01-15-2017, 10:13 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
I guess if there is more than one fulfillment of GogMagog which is possible , but the Gog MaGogs war in REV at least is just before the 8thday and the city comes at the 8thday. God doesn't bring the new city and rebuilt world until these guys are dealt with forever with hell and death .REV it is before the 8thday that all the Nephilim and Satan are let out of hell for a little while..Rev 20:7
¶
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Box Rev 20:8
And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

there is giants there then yep probably the really really big ones. Enoch says 300 Els (?)

so why does everyone think it is also a war before the 7thday ?
not that there might be one both times as both times Satan and his " angels " has to be dealt with at some level , and chances are they are fallen and giants or hybrids "aliens" and such , I guess.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:55 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,372 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecatonchires

The Hecatoncheires or Hundred-Handers, were figures in an archaic stage of Greek mythology, three giants of incredible strength and ferocity that surpassed all of the Titans, whom they helped overthrow.

According to Hesiod, the Hecatoncheires were children of Gaia (Earth) and Uranus (sky). They played no known part in cult. They were:

Briareos (Βριάρεως) "Strong", also called Aegaeon (Αἰγαίων), spelled in Latin as "Briareus."
Kottos (Κόττος) "Strike, punch".
Gyges (Γύγης) or Gyes (Γύης), possibly "Limb" or "Curved."

Old 01-15-2017, 12:58 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogyges

Ogyges, also spelled Ogygos or Ogygus (Greek: Ὠγύγης or Ὤγυγος), is a primeval mythological ruler in ancient Greece, generally of Boeotia

The first worldwide flood in Greek mythology, the Ogygian deluge occurred during his reign and derives its name from him, though some sources regard it as a local flood, such as an inundation of Lake Copais, a large lake once in the center of Boeotia

Old 01-15-2017, 01:00 PM

My theory is that Magog is India and Gog is the white supremacist leader of Rome

Old 01-15-2017, 01:53 PM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Ezekiel 39

11And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog. 12And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land. 13Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD. 14And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search. 15And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog. 16And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.
17And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood. 18Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan. 19And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you. 20Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

The Feast of The Lord he gives his people, ye shall be filled at his table.

Just my opinion on what takes place with Gog.

A flooding rain is coming on the earth, with great hailstones it comes. Hard truths as hail will fall on people and crush them and they will be terrified, a flooding rain of power will fall on the people of God and then it will become as a zombie movie.

In my opinion, the rain of Shemini Atzeret falls on people and they are indwelled with twice the amount of power given to the first disciples and in those days they will shine like angels walking amongst the walking dead whose worm shall never die, and whose fire will never be quenched.

These sons of God will walk about the land like Judge Dread because the earth has been given to them and they will judge wherever they go in their blessing waters or curses them.

God has given the millions a piece of himself just as the minas, but in the last day when everyone becomes accountable and you find the man who says,'' Yes Lord, I believed in you, but I didn't multiply the thing you have given unto me.''

The sons of God will pass by these people and take what was given to them, he who has 10 will go about judging those who have 1, and they will take that 1 piece of spirit from them because they did not multiply it.

Luke 19

11And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 15And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. 17And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25(And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) 26For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:56 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Ezekiel 39

11And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog. 12And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land. 13Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD. 14And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search. 15And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog. 16And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.
17And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood. 18Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan. 19And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you. 20Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

The Feast of The Lord he gives his people, ye shall be filled at his table.

Just my opinion on what takes place with Gog.

A flooding rain is coming on the earth, with great hailstones it comes. Hard truths as hail will fall on people and crush them and they will be terrified, a flooding rain of power will fall on the people of God and then it will become as a zombie movie.

In my opinion, the rain of Shemini Atzeret falls on people and they are indwelled with twice the amount of power given to the first disciples and in those days they will shine like angels walking amongst the walking dead whose worm shall never die, and whose fire will never be quenched.

These sons of God will walk about the land like Judge Dread because the earth has been given to them and they will judge wherever they go in their blessing waters or curses them.

God has given the millions a piece of himself just as the minas, but in the last day when everyone becomes accountable and you find the man who says,'' Yes Lord, I believed in you, but I didn't multiply the thing you have given unto me.''

The sons of God will pass by these people and take what was given to them, he who has 10 will go about judging those who have 1, and they will take that 1 piece of spirit from them because they did not multiply it.

Luke 19

11And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 15And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. 17And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25(And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) 26For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
thanks hanni ..for the leads... Judaism 101: Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity