Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 01:00 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think it may have just a couple of times. He spoke far more about how to live over where you fundamentalists believe we are eventually are going to live.
Where do you believe we are eventually going to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 01:04 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
I think you know perfectly well that the translators either were lazy or had an agenda while translating the word hell.

I also know that you are familiar with the words Sheol hades, Gehenna and Tartarus because you have been on this forum long enough to have seen the posts by universalists about them.
I don't know that. That seems like a copout.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
I think you know perfectly well that the translators eitherwere lazy or had an agenda while translating the word hell.

I also know that you are familiar with the words Sheol hades, Gehenna and Tartarus because you have been on this forum long enough to have seen the posts by universalists about them.
Were you going to answer my question regarding the fact that Jesus entrusted his mother's care to John instead of his brothers? Why do you think that was?

Old 01-17-2017, 01:08 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Where do you believe we are eventually going to live?
I'd say the same place we live now. IN GOD we live and move and have our being.

What say you, pcamps?

Old 01-17-2017, 01:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Vizio and jimmiej... Can you explain how the rich man who obviously recognized and knew Abraham(unless Abe had an "I am Abraham' t-shirt on), could understand what Abraham was talking about when he told him that his 5 brothers who were still alive, that they should listen to Moses, the same Moses who was not born for a few hundred years after this is being played out?.

In answering me......Just pretend i'm a new believer at your church and i have just read this parable for the first time, and i'm confused because before reading the parable for myself, the crusade i had just got saved at used this parable to convince me that if i did not believe, eternal hell was waiting for me. What would you say to me ?.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Vizio... Can you explain how the rich man who obviously recognized and knew Abraham(unless Abe had a "I am Abraham' t-shirt on), could understand what Abraham was talking about when he told him that his 5 brothers who were still alive, that they should listen to Moses, the same Moses who was not born for a few hundred years after this is being played out?.

In answering me......Just pretend i'm a new believer at your church and i have just read this parable for the first time, and i'm confused because before reading the parable for myself, the crusade i had just got saved at used this parable to convince me that if i did not believe, eternal hell was waiting for me. What would you say to me ?.
Right after you answer my last question.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Right after you answer my last question.
Point me to it and i will. I got a feeling you have said this before and didn't.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:15 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I don't know that. That seems like a copout.
Wow, You really don't pay much attention to anyone who disagrees with you here, do you? I've seen the UR argument on this forum enough times to practically recite it word for word (don't even think of asking me to because I don't have time to write 10 or more paragraphs today) and you've been here almost as long as I have...If you need help remembering it, that's what the search feature is for!

Old 01-17-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Point me to it and i will. I got a feeling you have said this before and didn't.
post 63 I asked it again. It was in reference to saying Jesus would divide families. You said you'd never want to go to Heaven if your family wouldn't be there, and you referred to the incident, so I asked a follow-up.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Were you going to answer my question regarding the fact that Jesus entrusted his mother's care to John instead of his brothers? Why do you think that was?
I could not care less why Jesus chose that disciple to his mothers care,, the fact is Jesus told us to hate our Mum and Dad and to forsake them if we take literally your understanding of it.

So i will be open to hear from you why the "both" of them were entrusted to each others care.

Right i have answered your question to the best of my ability could you answer mine please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity