Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 11:30 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Funny how Jesus never said anything of the sort. For that matter no one else has said it in the way you seem to interpret it.

Those who came after Jesus and claim to follow Him but did not take up His words as their own are impostors and their writings are not God's word. That would include all the new testament except the Gospels. The old testament has no problems.

The Lord says this;

"Let the man who has my word speak my word and speak the truth."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates."

"Observe what is right and do what is just for my salvation is near to attain, my justice about to be revealed, blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it."

"My son, receive my words and the years of your life will be many."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me. I am the good shepherd. I am the gate. Anyone who enters by me will be saved.

My interpretation?
So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.…

True are false?

You have to somehow prove how Jesus was wrong, I agree, he who walks in the law is righteous, and the words are plain, it isn't my opinion after all. If it was otherwise, I would be biased for the otherwise and if it is a mistake, what use would Jesus be seeing that he could have not possibly been righteous for keeping an unrighteous law. In proving the law wrong, you prove that Jesus could not be the Messiah, the law waits on a Messiah of law.

We are told about a lawless time to come where nobody has respected the Torah, and for 2000 years we know who is who. You either keep the Holy days and traditions of God and the law is always on your lips, or it is not.

Did so many centuries pass with Christians and Muslims persecuting and killing Jews, treating them like animals and put into gas chambers and a furnace for somebody to now make the claim that they are among the hated, the persecuted, and what are they persecuted and hated for other than that they love the law and keep the traditions of God to then stick out like a sore thumb?

Is 200 years of persecution and killing going to be changed by an idea of what a Jew is and what a Jew is not?

I believe Jesus is the word of God and I believe everything Jesus says, and what he says of the law is righteous to those who love the law and the prophets, take what you will from them and they are still standing alone above all. Islam, Christianity and even the Palestinians have a claim in the land of Joseph and they even make bold claims about being Jerusalem and found amongst Ephraim and Judah but there it is.

You are either Ephraim or Judah or it doesn't matter. Ephraim is a gentile who repents from ever calling the Torah a strange thing and millions are found amongst Ephraim, and they are known because they become one with Judah having the same worship system in common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 12:11 AM

I think that people do not grasp what is happening and to try and explain it, it would not be believed, but all you people are saved.

If we sit here and talk, there is no doubt in my mind that the people I am talking to are saved and yet most people don't have a real good idea of what salvation means but I think that I do whether I share it or not. Salvation is life, it means you will go on with an afterlife from this world, and what does that mean?

It means life.

Good for everyone, they will live again.

You will live again, but this is a race that most people do not realize they are in, and the race is to know God and this is to love his Torah so that you find the hidden law of Christ and you can become a priest yourself. What is the goal? The goal for every human is to love everyone, and yet everyone who Paul taught, he was teaching them to be priests by the Torah, to understand the milk so that you will understand the meat. That you are the Temple and so you should know yourself. Paul was ashamed of them because they were not learning the law and the prophets fast enough and they all loved the worship system of God, Jew and gentile had the same Sabbaths.

Love your neighbor, do this do that, I doubt anything you can do will separate you from the mercy of God.

But there are 3 sections of the Temple that show us what heaven is.

Christ's Eternal Priesthood~ Hebrews
…Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests to offer gifts according to the Law. They serve at a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary.

There is an outer court of salvation where everyone comes up to the alter of burnt offerings in the court, and then there is the Holy place where no gentiles are allowed, but gentiles have always had a promise to join Israel. Out of an entire nation there is a single person who has won a race and has become a high priest.

Jesus is serving during ALL his 7 feasts and when the great 8th day comes, he is serving in a sanctuary in heaven that the Temple was designed from. The Temple and the law serve as a shadow of what the kingdom of heaven is so that we know what it is, but more important is to know exactly when he is serving, when is he closest to you, when should you ask things of God because there are appointed times.

There is 3 sections and thrones will be put in place.

We don't have to guess what is happening in Revelation because we know Rosh Hashanah.

The Final Judgment
11Then I saw a great white throne and the One who sat on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.…

Daniel 7:10
"A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened.

Revelation 2:23
Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

Revelation 3:5
Like them, the one who is victorious will be clothed in white garments. And I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels.

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Scripture after scripture that would go on and on about Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and how those books are brought out and there is a general salvation that occurs where a person is put through a fire, his works are tested by fire and if his work can stand in the fire, he will stand in the fire. If his work is burned in the fire, then he alone is saved, but only as one who has gone through a fire.

Exodus 13 and Ezekiel 9 and Exodus 20 tell us that keeping Unleavened bread and the Holy days of God gets us a seal between our eyes, and this isn't like the majority who are not sealed against Yom Kippur, but there is salvation.

The idea is not about salvation, the idea is that you have built a work which will no doubt stand in the flames and be tested, but why do so many get saved, but then have their work burned?

What is the work which will be tested by fire?

Exactly what is it that you think you are building?

A house on a sure foundation?

Aren't you a house?

Old 01-20-2017, 02:19 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
40 people authored the bible over a 1500 year period and they were all from different lifestyles and even a king of Babylon. All of these people wrote about a temple in the design of a woman, and it's comings and goings as a woman who was trying to get pregnant. None of the authors knew what they were writing about and yet not one of them makes a mistake or contradicts the other.

There is an underlying language that actually proves God exists to the person who can read the language.

I have no doubts that the bible is the word of God because what was written was humanly impossible.
Yes, sorry. We've covered this territory before so I did know this was your reason for giving the bible the status and authority you do. So let me rephrase my point by saying that I do not believe as you do about this language, so for ME to accept the bible as the infallible word of God would require circular reasoning. You had asked how people determine what in the bible is God's word. Some of us use love as the litmus test, as I said. And I'll leave it at that.

I'll accept that, as you said, you are being taught to love and forgive through believing as you do about the law of the Israelites, and the bible as a whole. And hopefully you can accept that the same God who is teaching you to love and foegive, is teaching others through different means.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:47 PM

Things are as they are supposed to be, I don't really and truly believe in free will that much or that I could be anyone else that I am, kind of way out there I suppose but as I see things, everyone in the bible had their life planned out and I have no reason to think otherwise of my own.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:31 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Things are as they are supposed to be, I don't really and truly believe in free will that much or that I could be anyone else that I am, kind of way out there I suppose but as I see things, everyone in the bible had their life planned out and I have no reason to think otherwise of my own.
I think many agree with you. Was that in response to my post, or just an fyi?

Old 01-20-2017, 03:40 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus admits He has brothers and sisters. They are those who do the will of God as He instructed. Those who hear the word of God and do it.
The OT describes the son as Israel the servant of the Lord. It says that the servant of the Lord is he who delivers justice to the nations upon whom God puts His spirit.
Jesus described God's spirit as God's word. Those who use God's word posses God's spirit.
Jesus said if the son frees you, you shall truly be free but Christianity twists this to mean that He wants you to accept Him as your Lord and savior which is totally wrong.
He said to follow Him and use His words as He was sent. That is how the son frees you. You become the son. Just as Jesus served so you must serve.
Using the word and spreading it is doing the will of God and becoming God's servant, His son.
The son is an army of One. An army of Gods.
Join up and you will posses eternal life.
The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me!
The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it
Is it possible Christianity has missed the mark?
Rather, is it that 'Christendom' has missed the mark ?
1st-century Christianity is in tact in the writings of Holy Scripture - 2nd Timothy 3:16-17; John 17:17,3
Whereas, Christendom ( so-called Christian ) thrives on church tradition, church customs over Scripture - Matt. 15:9

P.S. Jesus is "Commander in Chief ' of (plural) 'angelic armies' according to Revelation 19:14. - Hail to the Chief !

Old 01-20-2017, 06:31 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
My interpretation?
So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.…

True are false?

You have to somehow prove how Jesus was wrong, I agree, he who walks in the law is righteous, and the words are plain, it isn't my opinion after all. If it was otherwise, I would be biased for the otherwise and if it is a mistake, what use would Jesus be seeing that he could have not possibly been righteous for keeping an unrighteous law. In proving the law wrong, you prove that Jesus could not be the Messiah, the law waits on a Messiah of law.

We are told about a lawless time to come where nobody has respected the Torah, and for 2000 years we know who is who. You either keep the Holy days and traditions of God and the law is always on your lips, or it is not.

Did so many centuries pass with Christians and Muslims persecuting and killing Jews, treating them like animals and put into gas chambers and a furnace for somebody to now make the claim that they are among the hated, the persecuted, and what are they persecuted and hated for other than that they love the law and keep the traditions of God to then stick out like a sore thumb?

Is 200 years of persecution and killing going to be changed by an idea of what a Jew is and what a Jew is not?

I believe Jesus is the word of God and I believe everything Jesus says, and what he says of the law is righteous to those who love the law and the prophets, take what you will from them and they are still standing alone above all. Islam, Christianity and even the Palestinians have a claim in the land of Joseph and they even make bold claims about being Jerusalem and found amongst Ephraim and Judah but there it is.

You are either Ephraim or Judah or it doesn't matter. Ephraim is a gentile who repents from ever calling the Torah a strange thing and millions are found amongst Ephraim, and they are known because they become one with Judah having the same worship system in common.
Many misunderstand what the law is.

As it is written;

"Law will be sent from Zion and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth"

Old 01-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I think many agree with you. Was that in response to my post, or just an fyi?
All there is, is you, aint nobody else to talk to.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:54 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
My interpretation?

True are false?

Amen. Peace

Old 01-21-2017, 08:57 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
I think that people do not grasp what is happening and to try and explain it, it would not be believed, but all you people are saved.

If we sit here and talk, there is no doubt in my mind that the people I am talking to are saved and yet most people don't have a real good idea of what salvation means but I think that I do whether I share it or not. Salvation is life, it means you will go on with an afterlife from this world, and what does that mean?

It means life.

Good for everyone, they will live again.

You will live again, but this is a race that most people do not realize they are in, and the race is to know God and this is to love his Torah so that you find the hidden law of Christ and you can become a priest yourself. What is the goal? The goal for every human is to love everyone, and yet everyone who Paul taught, he was teaching them to be priests by the Torah, to understand the milk so that you will understand the meat. That you are the Temple and so you should know yourself. Paul was ashamed of them because they were not learning the law and the prophets fast enough and they all loved the worship system of God, Jew and gentile had the same Sabbaths.

Love your neighbor, do this do that, I doubt anything you can do will separate you from the mercy of God.

But there are 3 sections of the Temple that show us what heaven is.

Christ's Eternal Priesthood~ Hebrews
…Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests to offer gifts according to the Law. They serve at a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary.

There is an outer court of salvation where everyone comes up to the alter of burnt offerings in the court, and then there is the Holy place where no gentiles are allowed, but gentiles have always had a promise to join Israel. Out of an entire nation there is a single person who has won a race and has become a high priest.

Jesus is serving during ALL his 7 feasts and when the great 8th day comes, he is serving in a sanctuary in heaven that the Temple was designed from. The Temple and the law serve as a shadow of what the kingdom of heaven is so that we know what it is, but more important is to know exactly when he is serving, when is he closest to you, when should you ask things of God because there are appointed times.

There is 3 sections and thrones will be put in place.

We don't have to guess what is happening in Revelation because we know Rosh Hashanah.

The Final Judgment
11Then I saw a great white throne and the One who sat on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.…

Daniel 7:10
"A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened.

Revelation 2:23
Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

Revelation 3:5
Like them, the one who is victorious will be clothed in white garments. And I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels.

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Scripture after scripture that would go on and on about Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and how those books are brought out and there is a general salvation that occurs where a person is put through a fire, his works are tested by fire and if his work can stand in the fire, he will stand in the fire. If his work is burned in the fire, then he alone is saved, but only as one who has gone through a fire.

Exodus 13 and Ezekiel 9 and Exodus 20 tell us that keeping Unleavened bread and the Holy days of God gets us a seal between our eyes, and this isn't like the majority who are not sealed against Yom Kippur, but there is salvation.

The idea is not about salvation, the idea is that you have built a work which will no doubt stand in the flames and be tested, but why do so many get saved, but then have their work burned?

What is the work which will be tested by fire?

Exactly what is it that you think you are building?

A house on a sure foundation?

Aren't you a house?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity