Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 04:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Why do you think this is Baptist Fundy?. Which tree from the garden of eden was hate rooted in Baptist Fundy?.

Because hate is not of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Because hate is not of God Your god is an hater and we are all an expression of the god we believe in.

You do know when it speaks of us being sons of God, it is saying that we are expressions of God?.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-21-2017 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 04:27 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Why do you think this is Baptist Fundy?. Which tree from the garden of eden was hate rooted in Baptist Fundy?.
Too much to ask to have you actually post the verses? ok.

Yes--if you hate your brother, you're a murderer. So do you think God is a murderer for hating a sinner? Or do you believe God considers them his brothers?
Quote:

Because hate is not of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Because hate is not of God Your god is an hater and we are all an expression of the god we believe in.
Again...what exact verse are we talking? I'd love to actually look at the Greek, rather than try to half-quote them as you are.

Again....Romans 9 actually SAYS that God hates sinners. You have yet to actually address that.

Quote:

You do know when it speaks of us being sons of God, it is saying that we are expressions of God?.
What verse are you referring to?

Old 11-21-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Too much to ask to have you actually post the verses? ok.

Yes--if you hate your brother, you're a murderer. So do you think God is a murderer for hating a sinner? Or do you believe God considers them his brothers?

Again...what exact verse are we talking? I'd love to actually look at the Greek, rather than try to half-quote them as you are.

Again....Romans 9 actually SAYS that God hates sinners. You have yet to actually address that.

God does not hate sinners you think he does and because we are an expression of the God we believe, so i take it for granted you hate too. The whole chapter of 1 John 3 is basically a love based chapter so do not try for one minute to say i am quoting a verse not in context.

What difference does it make if i quote chapter and verse? Did Jesus say it is written in such and such ?.

What verse in Romans 9 are you refering too?, as far as i am concerned you have not quoted it. Considering you are big on the Greek you should have no trouble pulling it up.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Every verse that speaks of us being sons. You have heard the expression "like Father like son" ?.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Every verse that speaks of us being sons. You have heard the expression "like Father like son" ?.
I know you've already demonstrated the ability to take every verse and make it about yourself, and to twist it. I'm asking you for a specific verse, please. Are you able to do that? Or do you prefer to just make silly half-quotes and hope I go away?

I would like to engage in an actual intelligent discussion about why God does not simply pardon everyone and only loves, but does hate, as the Bible says, and he is just and will punish sin. If you would prefer to just give up and recant, ok....go ahead.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:53 PM

Let's take this verse for example

But as many as received Him(Jesus the expression of God), to them He gave the right to become children of God( expressions of God too), even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

You should check out the names of God not one of them comes close to this hateful god you espouse, believe and represent . Is it any wonder you hate the Shack and the message it conveys.

His name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace..

Check this link out to see if you can find the name of your hateful god in it God’s Names And Meanings: Names of God In The Bible, God’s Names Jehovah, God’s Names and Attributes; Names of God from the Old Testament & New Testament, Jehovah. | JollyNotes.com

Old 11-21-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Let's take this verse for example

But as many as received Him(Jesus the expression of God),
OK. John 1:12. Now....you are making assumptions there that the text doesn't support. "Him" is Jesus. He is God and he is man. He is not just an "expression of God". He is God.
Quote:

to them He gave the right to become children of God( expressions of God too),
Nope. Wrong again. He allowed us to become children of God, in that we are saved -- we are forgiven. We move from being sons of Adam to sons of God. Not just expressions of God.
Quote:

even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
You'll notice there, that only those that believe in Him (Jesus) become sons of God. Not everyone on earth.
Quote:
You should check out the names of God not one of them comes close to this hateful god you espouse, believe and represent . Is it any wonder you hate the Shack and the message it conveys.

His name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace..

Check this link out to see if you can find the name of your hateful god in it God’s Names And Meanings: Names of God In The Bible, God’s Names Jehovah, God’s Names and Attributes; Names of God from the Old Testament & New Testament, Jehovah. | JollyNotes.com
Complete non-sequitur. Holiness and justice, hating sinners is an attribute, not a name.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
OK. John 1:12. Now....you are making assumptions there that the text doesn't support. "Him" is Jesus. He is God and he is man. He is not just an "expression of God". He is God.

Nope. Wrong again. He allowed us to become children of God, in that we are saved -- we are forgiven. We move from being sons of Adam to sons of God. Not just expressions of God.

You'll notice there, that only those that believe in Him (Jesus) become sons of God. Not everyone on earth.

Complete non-sequitur. Holiness and justice, hating sinners is an attribute, not a name.
Jesus is the exact representation of all that God IS Hebrews 1:3. If you have seen me you are seeing the exact representation of the Father. Yes i know i am taking it out of context, although that is exactly what Jesus was saying.

Sons of God are expressions of the God they believe, you are the light of the world, be ye holy as he is.

Nothing to do with believing in him whatsoever, the devil believes and fears and trembles, it is believing him, something you obviously have not, you are believing in what you are taught about him, fundamentalism is about Jesus (One day the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?") not of Jesus. You see even evil spirits knew who he was

Can you explain what you think is justice and how you tie it with hating sinners. Being holy(whole) and just(the ability to judge righteously) does not mean you hate sinners or even have to judge them because you are holy and just. This big beared hateful god up in the skies you believe in rather than Jesus Christ who is in you but you don't know it, has done a religious number on you.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Jesus is the exact representation of all that God IS Hebrews 1:3. If you have seen me you are seeing the exact representation of the Father. Yes i know i am taking it out of context, although that is exactly what Jesus was saying.

OK? That verse does not suggest that he's "the expression of God". "expression" <> "exact representation".

Hebrews goes on to say that Jesus actually IS God. Not just his word.
Quote:
Sons of God are expressions of the God they believe, you are the light of the world, be ye holy as he is.
Quote:
No. Wrong again. We are not just expressions of God. You're kind of on that kick here, but it's not correct.
Quote:

Nothing to do with believing in him whatsoever, the devil believes and fears and trembles, it is believing him, something you obviously have not, you are believing in what you are taught about him, fundamentalism is about Jesus (One day the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?") not of Jesus. You see even evil spirits knew who he was
You're right. John 1:12 was referring to believing and trusting in him as the Messiah.

The Greek word that John used was the word "lambano". It means to "take hold of, to grasp, to grab". It's not just the idea of believing in something. It's translated "receive" in John 1:12.

Quote:
Can you explain what you think is justice and how you tie it with hating sinners. Being holy(whole) and just(the ability to judge righteously) does not mean you hate sinners or even have to judge them because you are holy and just. This big beared hateful god up in the skies you believe in rather than Jesus Christ who is in you but you don't know it, has done a religious number on you.
Now...to switch topics.

"Justice" is to receive what is deserved. If we disobey God, we deserve to be punished. God is completely just in punishing sinners. The fact that he took the punishment himself for those that "received" him, as John 1:12 states, shows his mercy. But again, John 1:12 says that ONLY those that received him are shown this mercy.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:45 PM

So when Jesus said when you have seen me you have seen the Father what do you think Jesus meant by this?. That is outward appearance looked like God. You do understand your whole life is an expression of what you believe, you are a literal son of your beliefs. Jesus' belief was I AM.

To be quite frank you have no idea what you are talking about. Jesus expressed God like no other, he manifested God and never once did express hate to anyone, all though your buddies took an ass kicking from him.

Is it any wonder you hate the Shack movie and all it represents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity