Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 06:50 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What if you were living back in 1610 and somebody like yourself insists on English versions 300-600 yrs old.
Would you relent?

Matthew 6:9-13 for the 1610 reader if one was to hold to your standard:
Dated approx 1000 AD.
Fæder ure þu þe eart on heofonum si þin namagehalgod tobecume þin rice gewurþe þin willaon eorðan swa swa on heofonum urne gedæghwamlican hlaf syle us to dæg and forgyf us ure gyltas swa swa we forgyfað urum gyltendumand ne gelæd þu us on costnunge ac alys us of yfelesoþlice.
Dated 1384 AD.
Ovre fadir þat art in hevenes halwid be þi name; þi revme or kyngdom come to be. Be þi wille don in herþe as it is dovn in hevene. yeve to vs today ovre eche dayes bred. And foryeve to vs ovre dettis þat is ovre synnys as we foryeven to ovre dettovris þat is to menþat han synned in us. And lede vs not into temptacion bvt delyvere vs from evyl.
Would not Jesus help me to understand His words if I was living back then? Yes.

Do I use the KJV today as it is written today by which I rely on Jesus Christ to help me understand His words? Again, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 07:21 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
By chance, is there chapter and verses where God recommends the KJV over other versions? And would that be 7 out of 10 or better?
Do scripture of the N.T. go against scripture of the N.T. within that same Bible? If modern Bibles does and the KJV does not, which Bible would you go by then?

If all modern Bibles testify that the Holy Spirit will not use God's gift of tongues as a prayer language when it does not come with interpretation because He cannot speak for Himself or of His own volition in John 16:13 and yet that modern Bibles says He can in Romans 8:26-27;

BUT the KJV does not in Romans 8:26-27 and is keeping with His word in John 16:13 because Another is knowing the mind of the Spirit in verse 27 which is how the unspeakable and thus unutterable intercessions of the Spirit's in verse 26 are known to God the Father and that is by the Son, Jesus Christ as He is the One that searches our hearts & knows the mind of the Spirit in Hebrews 4:12-16 in keeping with the truths in all scripture....

Quote:
What ever did the lost do prior to the writing of the KJV? Did they all wander around lost and damned for eternity??
1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

They had scripture; the source documents at Antioch were abounding; to form the Textus Receptus which the KJV was derived from.

Unfortunately, the source documents from which all modern Bibles are deriving from had also abounded from Alexandria, where poetic licensing and gnosticism was known in the area.

And no.. those that took to other source documents were not damned for eternity, but since scripture was not available for personal use as much as it was for church use, it served cults quite well by choosing selected readings that fit their teachings.

John 14:23-24 & John 15:20 has Jesus giving us His Father's warning about those that did not love Him would not keep His sayings nor the sayings of His disciples; BUT that does not negate the ones that did keep His sayings because they did loved Him and did not decline from the testimonies of the Son.

Psalm 119:157 Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.158 I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.

Scripture is supposed to testify of the Son to point to come to the Son for life John 5:39-40, and so when they change the testimony of the Son and give that glory to the Spirit as giving life as some modern bibles do in John 6:63 & 2 Corinthians 3:6, when the KJV keeps it as small s in spirit, thus a different message and not testifying about the Holy Spirit, and thus keeping the testimony about the Son giving life as all modern Bibles testify in John 6:30-35 and again in John 5:39-40 and elsewhere, then which Bible should you rely on that does not decline from the testimony of the Son?

So no.. those led astray are not damned to hell or anything of that nature, but unless the Lord had led them in the right way, away from false teachings of gnosticism and any other false teachings generated by those altered source documents before the published Bibles were coming for personal use, they may be damned to being left behind at the pre trib raptured event for not departing from iniquity. They would be damned as vessel unto dishonor in His House, but they are still in His House because that is the power of God in salvation even for those that believe in His name.

But for being His disciples; they need His words as some did have His words as the source documents were from Antioch were kept by those that loved Him and His words before they were gathered up to form the TR from which other published Bibles had come from and eventually the KJV as well.

The Lord led me to rely on the KJV today because scripture does not run against scripture in the KJV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity