Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 04:31 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Severance from Judaism

A major difficulty in tracing the growth of Christianity from its beginnings as a Jewish messianic sect, and its relations to the various other normative-Jewish, sectarian-Jewish, and Christian-Jewish groups is presented by the fact that what ultimately became normative Christianity was originally but one among various contending Christian trends. Once the "gentile Christian" trend won out, and the teaching of *Paul became accepted as expressing the doctrine of the Church, the Jewish Christian groups were pushed to the margin and ultimately excluded as heretical. Being rejected both by normative Judaism and the Church, they ultimately disappeared. Nevertheless, several *Jewish Christian sects (such as the Nazarenes, Ebionites, Elchasaites, and others) existed for some time, and a few of them seem to have endured for several centuries. Some sects saw in Jesus mainly a prophet and not the "Christ," others seem to have believed in him as the Messiah, but did not draw the christological and other conclusions that subsequently became fundamental in the teaching of the Church (the divinity of the Christ, trinitarian conception of the Godhead, abrogation of the Law). After the disappearance of the early Jewish Christian sects and the triumph of gentile Christianity, to become a Christian meant, for a Jew, to apostatize and to leave the Jewish community. It is only in modern times that in some missionary and other circles, the claim is again made that it should be possible to embrace faith in Jesus as the Christ (i.e., become a Christian) while remaining a Jew. The controversy found dramatic expression in the case of Daniel Rufeisen (see *Apostasy, *Jew) – a Jewish convert to Christianity and Catholic priest – who demanded recognition of his status as a Jew and to have the provisions of the Israel Law of Return applied to him. The majority of the court held – on grounds of secular rather than theological or halakhic reasoning – that in the historicosocial consciousness and in the linguistic usage of the ordinary man (and hence, by implication, of the Israel legislator) the term Jew could not be construed to include a Jew who had formally embraced Christianity, this act being tantamount, in the general feeling of most people, to opting out of the historical Jewish community. - Christianity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 05:26 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
sure the minute you sever yourselves from everything historically ours ! Ps Job and Mechezedek existed there and ruled that land about 800 to 1000 before
hebrews did. and even before you all Canaanites had it , who stole it from us .

so who will be giving up claims to what concepts exactly is the question at hand.
Abraham was a gentile as was Isaac and everyone thought Jacob and Moses were Egyptians and there isas much history as them as Egyptians .

and by the way we claim Enoch and Eve and Noah also .
you all can have the first Adam , we don't want him ! and I know you want Moses but we have a lot of Moche in South America over here and I am sure they will want to claim him as least as their name sake until they can prove he isn't somehow related , how they got here is all God's business .

so WE will keep the term "Seer " you can have the term 'Prophet' because the term was Seer first and the oldest . YOU CAN KEEP " MESSIAH" AND WE GET SAVIOR AND REDEEMER !
you can have your temple someplace BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT WITH ISLAM ABOUT THAT .

sorry we get the New Jerusalem. He is going to give the heavenly Jerusalem to Abraham anyway because that is what Abraham really wanted I think !
I bet you Jews don't even believe in the New Jerusalem do you ? .
and you all can keep your Canaanite shamanism and the hate that goes with Mizraim < guess with out our Lords spirit you will need it kind of to fight with all the Mizraimites around there .
I would question if there is any of those shaman left after Jerusalem is leveled by some kind of abomination see Eze 43.

Oh I see we will all have to have a huge discussion about the feast of the Lord and Passover and some of the other biblical feasts .....now that one could get messy .
I think I will let Jesus have that fight with you Guys. because he has no need to die this time he has a fight with you .
and I will continue to celebrate Him celebrating his feasts though .
is that ok?
sorry MY King was Jewish and I don't know what else I should do about that .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-01-2017 at 05:52 PM..

Old 02-01-2017, 09:34 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
sure the minute you sever yourselves from everything historically ours ! Ps Job and Mechezedek existed there and ruled that land about 800 to 1000 before

so who will be giving up claims to what concepts exactly is the question at hand.
Abraham was a gentile as was Isaac and everyone thought Jacob and Moses were Egyptians and there isas much history as them as Egyptians .

you all can have the first Adam , we don't want him ! and I know you want Moses but we have a lot of Moche in South America over here and I am sure they will want to claim him as least as their name sake until they can prove he isn't somehow related , how they got here is all God's business .

so WE will keep the term "Seer " you can have the term 'Prophet' because the term was Seer first and the oldest . YOU CAN KEEP " MESSIAH" AND WE GET SAVIOR AND REDEEMER !
you can have your temple someplace BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT WITH ISLAM ABOUT THAT .

sorry we get the New Jerusalem. He is going to give the heavenly Jerusalem to Abraham anyway because that is what Abraham really wanted I think !
and you all can keep your Canaanite shamanism and the hate that goes with Mizraim < guess with out our Lords spirit you will need it kind of to fight with all the Mizraimites around there .
I would question if there is any of those shaman left after Jerusalem is leveled by some kind of abomination see Eze 43.

Oh I see we will all have to have a huge discussion about the feast of the Lord and Passover and some of the other biblical feasts .....now that one could get messy .
I think I will let Jesus have that fight with you Guys. because he has no need to die this time he has a fight with you .
is that ok?
Well said.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post

is that ok?
Stole what?...

Old 02-02-2017, 03:20 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
This would mean that if a Jewish man converted to Christian then he would be expelled from living in Israel , so then this would also mean that all Non practicing Jews who deny the faith of Judaism should also be expelled for this or this ruling is hypocrisy , as Non practising atheistic Jews would be practising humanism faith of the world

Old 02-02-2017, 09:18 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
This would mean that if a Jewish man converted to Christian then he would be expelled from living in Israel , so then this would also mean that all Non practicing Jews who deny the faith of Judaism should also be expelled for this or this ruling is hypocrisy , as Non practising atheistic Jews would be practising humanism faith of the world
No, hljc, the law of return is only about becoming a citizen, not about revoking citizenship.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
It's called making Aliyah. It's the return of the Diaspora to Israel. It means to "ascend or go up" in a spiritual sense. One who does so is called an Oleh, ie. one who goes up. Truth be told, it mirrors the TRUE "rapture". Peace

Old 02-02-2017, 10:04 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's called making Aliyah. It's the return of the Diaspora to Israel. It means to "ascend or go up" in a spiritual sense. One who does so is called an Oleh, ie. one who goes up. Truth be told, it mirrors the TRUE "rapture". Peace
Very interesting. I didn't know that. It is so nice to come to the forum and actually learn something useful.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:48 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Stole what?...
do you know what a google search is ? or even a search in this section .. because it's way past time to use one . Instead of calling me stupid you might should try one first . just FOLLOW THE CLUES!! you can even search my links on this site in native thread in this section. I already put most of the important links in that section . But this subject is worthy of so much more research than just what I have posted , as there is just so much more to be found. have fun!

Old 02-06-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
No, there are many Jews in Israel that are Christian...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity