Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:41 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,993,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Um....whaaaaaaa?

Which part didn't you understand? Peace

Old 02-03-2017, 11:46 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,098,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Which part didn't you understand? Peace
Pretty much the entire post.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:54 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,692,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Why is there so much sexism in the attitudes of conservative Christians?

I have met so many evangelicals who have these attitudes. The preachers and Bible study leaders will spend hours and hours preparing lessons and messages promoting this. They will talk about how women need to be "help-mates" to their husbands, and how everyone in their church needs to adopt this same attitude towards the sexes that they have. Many of the women in fact seem to accept this description. Men and women both have this old-fashioned attitude. They might even joke about the attitude.

This is one of the primary reasons I left Christianity altogether. I just realized one day that I didn't share the old fashioned beliefs. And I couldn't see a reason to try to conform anymore. I wasn't even attracted to the same types of women anymore.

I also realized that religion was just another term for politics. Sexism is a political belief. People of certain political beliefs gather together into a group, and they read the Bible in light of their shared political values. Even if it makes Jesus sound absurd.

Jer 31:22
How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath( will) created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

so the least will be the greatest!

Old 02-03-2017, 02:19 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:
It's amazing how you seem to be able to psychoanalyze all men everywhere. You have an amazing talent.

I'm sorry for whatever damage has been done to you in the past by someone that apparently had male genitalia. I'm sorry that you're bitter about it. I'm sure you'll deny that's the issue..but I see you routinely post things that are rather disparaging toward men. You do it repeatedly. You have shown a hatred or a mistrust of men. I'm sorry for whatever has caused that.

You will be a lot happier in life when you can forgive and move on.
Really. Ahahahahaha ha. I am amused. You lack credibility and credentials Pastor. Hand in your official Christian card and your secret therapy decoder ring.

Where is your empathy for my situation? Where are the uplifting scriptures? I would think if you really were sorry for my tragic situation you would show some kindness.

My attitudes are not sexist. I simply have a very high standard in my definition of who is a man. Me thinks you need to..... jump.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Really. Ahahahahaha ha. I am amused. You lack credibility and credentials Pastor. Hand in your official Christian card and your secret therapy decoder ring.

Where is your empathy for my situation? Where are the uplifting scriptures? I would think if you really were sorry for my tragic situation you would show some kindness.

My attitudes are not sexist. I simply have a very high standard in my definition of who is a man. Me thinks you need to..... jump.
As I said. I'm sorry for whatever happened. I really am. Perhaps if you were to reveal more to me I might quote a passage or two. But at this point I can only empathize and say I am sorry for whatever happened.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:57 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,581,113 times
Most evangelicals think that the man is the leader and the woman is the person who helps the leader. Women don't have a lot of say in a typical evangelical home.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Most evangelicals think that the man is the leader
That really isn't something that we made up. Do you realize that?
Quote:

and the woman is the person who helps the leader. Women don't have a lot of say in a typical evangelical home.
My wife has tremendous veto power on what goes on in our lives. And believe it or not, I even let her wear shoes and leave the house!

I don't know what kinds of people you know, but I'd hardly say that's true with any Christians I know of.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:20 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,938,192 times
The church were I go God is the head of the family and then people are required to love the spouse second , and both of the couple are equal under the eyes of God , were adultery would be illegal to the witness of God ................. Where feminist dominated secular society has no right to dictate to the church of Jesus Christ , as say that subservient ideas are disgrace , which actually come from the lack of love for the spouse .... See submission come through people in the church of Christ through love and never independence , where feminism is isolationism in love .....And then sexism is basically a feminist idea

Old 02-03-2017, 03:43 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:
As I said. I'm sorry for whatever happened. I really am. Perhaps if you were to reveal more to me I might quote a passage or two. But at this point I can only empathize and say I am sorry for whatever happened.
Awww I am verklempt. So. What are your credentials and experience in said offerings. Most importantly do you have my fainting couch. You had it last.

We can start when ever you are ready. In public even. . I will tell you my entire tragic tale.

I will begin said tale with the following; It was a dark and blustery night. Catchy right? I expect you to take copious notes.

No worries. I have mentored, and I am experienced with student interns. No question is too silly.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Awww I am verklempt. So. What are your credentials and experience in said offerings. Most importantly do you have my fainting couch. You had it last.

We can start when every you are ready. In public even. . I will tell you my entire tragic tale. I will begin said tale with the following; It was a dark and blustery night. Catchy right? I expect you to take copious notes.

No worries. I have mentored, and I am experienced with student interns. No question is too silly.
I'm really not sure what you want me to say here. Were you to come into my office I'd listen respectfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity