Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post
Yes, truly, it's all about loving Jesus enough and appreciating what He did for us enough
... to actually make the free-will choice to follow Him and obey His commandments!

However, some really need to overcome the false doctrines, which have deceived them!
If one believes in grace-only and OSAS, he/she has a lesser compulsion to live the life of a disciple.
So are you saying it is only out of FEAR that we have a compulsion to live the life of a disciple--that love is just an after thought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 12:16 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If one is not obedient, then love is their problem.
Obey, obey, obey . . . what a sad belief about our loving Father. If your state of mind is obeying out of fear, you have no love in your heart. If your state of mind is agape love in your heart, there is no need to worry about obeying.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Obey, obey, obey . . . what a sad belief about our loving Father. If your state of mind is obeying out of fear, you have no love in your heart. If your state of mind is agape love in your heart, there is no need to worry about obeying.
Exactly,

‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Love does not worry about obeying..... Love operates out of a different spirit.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:13 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
it is the Father's spirit who calls us and searches for anyone repentant .. it is the Son who teaches us to not be lawless like the demons in your soul .
You can get searched out by his spirit .. but never learn anything of value !

because that is about your choices and your will-ingness to know him , follow him , Love him , and obey. He calls us to be like a wife - his Helper , Help mate , who works best as a responder to stimuli and encouragement .

if you don't work best to stimuli and encouragement because of your great fears, it only freaks you out you fearful thing afraid of all you do know know .. then it time to pray more and learn more about HIM from HIM .. not fools !

Old 02-10-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
it is the Father's spirit who calls us and searches for anyone repentant .. it is the Son who teaches us to not be lawless like the demons in your soul .
You can get searched out by his spirit .. but never learn anything of value !

because that is about your choices and your will-ingness to know him , follow him , Love him , and obey. He calls us to be like a wife - his Helper , Help mate , who works best as a responder to stimuli and encouragement .

if you don't work best to stimuli and encouragement because of your great fears, it only freaks you out you fearful thing afraid of all you do know know .. then it time to pray more.
Please take a moment from your all so busy schedule, and define LAWLESS for us if you would be so kind...

Old 02-10-2017, 07:19 AM

speaking of ....... NO! you ask HIM!!!!! because only he can define it for your head and heart. ASK HIM!

you ask a whole lot of people a whole lot of stuff and I doubt you have learned anything of value in all that time. ASK HIM !!

Old 02-10-2017, 08:01 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post

John 14:15, 21, 23, 24• “If anyone loves Me, he will obey My word (commandments).”
John 8:31 • “If you abide in (obey) My word, you are My disciples indeed.”[/font]
John 8:51• “Most assuredly … if anyone obeys My word he shall never see death.”

Matthew 19:17 • “But if you want to enter into (eternal) life, obey the commandments.”
Luke 8:21 • “My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and obey it.”
Luke 11:28 • “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it!”
Most of the translations use the word "keep" in place of the word obey for these verses.

Keeping the word of God is not obeying it but keeping His word amounts to obeying Him. As in;

" As the Father sent me so I send you.Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the son and the Holy Spirit and teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you."

Old 02-10-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
speaking of ....... NO! you ask HIM!!!!! because only he can define it for your head and heart. ASK HIM!

you ask a whole lot of people a whole lot of stuff and I doubt you have learned anything of value in all that time. ASK HIM !!
I did ask, I was told you would be more than willing to help and provide that which I am asking..guess you make God out to be a liar? tsk..tsk..tsk

I have learned a most valuable lesson--MOST EVANGELICALS HERE ARE INCAPABLE giving an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,--INSTEAD they are RUDE and OBNOXIOUS as if they alone have the secret decoder ring..

Jesus weeps the most over the selfish acts of those self=proclaimed Christians who look down on the least of us...

Old 02-10-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I did ask, I was told you would be more than willing to help and provide that which I am asking..guess you make God out to be a liar? tsk..tsk..tsk

I have learned a most valuable lesson--MOST EVANGELICALS HERE ARE INCAPABLE giving an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,--INSTEAD they are RUDE and OBNOXIOUS as if they alone have the secret decoder ring..

Jesus weeps the most over the selfish acts of those self=proclaimed Christians who look down on the least of us...
you know Satan was really good at using scripture on Jesus too.. you have not learned a new thing yet have you ?

so I will tell you this Mat 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

PS IT MEANS, ASK HIM!!!

Old 02-10-2017, 09:03 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
N.xupia, to tell a person to "ask God" to explain what you meant by something YOU said, generally comes across as the equivalent of saying you don't know what you meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity