Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2017, 05:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,263,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What makes you think "I" want to? You are blind as to WHO holds people accountable, and the only fear I have is the fear/reverence of the Lord. Peace
By the grace of God in me i hold no one accountable. Namaste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 05:16 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,768,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How did Jesus teach us?.

Therefore be imitators of God, as His dear children.

Therefore be imitators of God, as His dear children.
Deuteronomy 9

3 Know therefore today that he who goes over before you as a consuming fire is the Lord your God. He will destroy them and subdue them before you. So you shall drive them out and make them perish quickly, as the Lord has promised you.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Deuteronomy 9

3 Know therefore today that he who goes over before you as a consuming fire is the Lord your God. He will destroy them and subdue them before you. So you shall drive them out and make them perish quickly, as the Lord has promised you.
So we are having a bible quoting conrtest lmao. You should trust Christ in you. Do you feel comfortable, holding folk accountable?, if you don't that is because you are imitating God.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Deuteronomy 9

I felt that way about my enemies too, then Jesus Christ showed me a more excellent way.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:57 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,212 times
A person known as "The Lord" would naturally be an authoritative and controlling figure, and so must be a projection of the fear issues in man. It would be natural for someone with a Lord to model a Lord in how they are - the most elementary way being the setting of rules with pass/fail criteria. By way of contrast, creativity at its highest level of functioning cannot have any rules.

Eric Ericson developed the 8 stage life cycle model for people's psychological development. The first stage for the infant is trust versus mistrust. I found his model and was interested in it due to the third stage of intimacy versus isolation, before I got married, LOL.

It seems to me that there is an issue in the balance of trust versus mistrust for those with Lord figures in their psyche. It is implicit that children don't cognisize on their level of trust or mistrust, nor do those who do not know Father, I.e. are not born from above - how could they. This means that life has a fairly simple objective - just to live. And, if we can learn to love as well, then that is an objective that most would think esteemable. ...And that is what most people who have NDE's experience on the other side - an awakening to learning and loving. Nice and simple.

I don't think our societies would ever be without rules, but the question is that if the level of love and learning increased, how would that be coigned by religious groups....

Last edited by Age-enduring; 05-03-2017 at 12:16 AM..

Old 05-03-2017, 05:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,006,759 times
Quote:
Deuteronomy 9

This was addresed to the Israelites...

Old 05-03-2017, 05:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,006,759 times
Quote:
but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
Anihilationism....

Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,336,704 times
Death is the end of this biological life from what we know.
What we experience, after death - is another matter.

However, it is not about pain and suffering, forever.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:26 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,036,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
A person known as "The Lord" would naturally be an authoritative and controlling figure, and so must be a projection of the fear issues in man. It would be natural for someone with a Lord to model a Lord in how they are - the most elementary way being the setting of rules with pass/fail criteria. By way of contrast, creativity at its highest level of functioning cannot have any rules.

Eric Ericson developed the 8 stage life cycle model for people's psychological development. The first stage for the infant is trust versus mistrust. I found his model and was interested in it due to the third stage of intimacy versus isolation, before I got married, LOL.

It seems to me that there is an issue in the balance of trust versus mistrust for those with Lord figures in their psyche. It is implicit that children don't cognisize on their level of trust or mistrust, nor do those who do not know Father, I.e. are not born from above - how could they. This means that life has a fairly simple objective - just to live. And, if we can learn to love as well, then that is an objective that most would think esteemable. ...And that is what most people who have NDE's experience on the other side - an awakening to learning and loving. Nice and simple.

I don't think our societies would ever be without rules, but the question is that if the level of love and learning increased, how would that be coigned by religious groups....

How "freeing" it must be to have no need for "The Lord" over you. Reminds me of what Satan said with his "I will's". Creativity is not the contrast for not having "a Lord", rebellion is; which is self will, the exact opposite of the prayer of The Lord, as in, "THY WILL BE DONE", which is implicit that someone OTHER THAN YOU, is Lord over you.

Once you start drinking the kool-aide it's just a hop, skip, and a jump before you start making it yourself for others to drink, compounding your issues. Peace

Old 05-03-2017, 11:02 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
How "freeing" it must be to have no need for "The Lord" over you. Reminds me of what Satan said with his "I will's". Creativity is not the contrast for not having "a Lord", rebellion is; which is self will, the exact opposite of the prayer of The Lord, as in, "THY WILL BE DONE", which is implicit that someone OTHER THAN YOU, is Lord over you.

Once you start drinking the kool-aide it's just a hop, skip, and a jump before you start making it yourself for others to drink, compounding your issues. Peace
I still have no problems with 'Thy will be done.' We obviously have a heavenly Father. Remember, the head and body exchanges we've had. I'm just not sure I'm a Trinitarian anymore - I think it was Daqq who thrust that knife in. And I don't swallow everything everyone tells me, and certainly not just what one person tells me - Christ is a many membered body after all. Plus, too many doctrines of the church are fear based, or "it's coming" but not here yet - I'm not onboard with that anymore. Bread has to be broken - no carrot dangling.

His yoke is easy and his burden is light. That isn't a controlling or authoritative figure. If you feel it is more akin to that sort of relationship, then it's a reflection of how you perceive yourself. Your gift of hearing from Him better than most is your GIFT, and gifts have no relationship to character or personality - they are unrelated to putting off and putting on, as the good book says - they are without repentance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity