Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Why are you glorifying Mary? Do you EVER read the bible? Good Grief. I am afraid to continue reading, it cannot be good.
Anyhow how I went 24 hrs which concerns me, is greed. Work gave us a 401k and I started studying it after a very busy day. It disturbs me I could go that long. Sure maybe I did think of him sometime during the day but the fact I cannot recall it concerns me. Your salvation also concerns me now.

Just for clarification, Judas was the only person I could think of that believed in Jesus fully as the Godhead yet didn't appear to be saved. After he departed, the manner in which Jesus spoke to the remaining disciples calling them his true disciples makes me think before, when Judas was present, it was not so.

Thank you for responding
No, thank you for affirming my understanding and deepening my insight...

As for my salvation, God and I have a LONG and sincere commitment to each other...but again...thanks for taking time out from your reading the 401K to express your interest in my personal relationship with Christ.

And as Margret Becker sang---

Solomon's Shoes

Living hungry on soup and dreams
Nothing left to lose
It seemed so simple then
When there wasn't a lot to choose

Every day was like a year
There was lots of time
To see things clear
But then the blessing brought me here

Still swinging in Solomon's shoes

Things have changed a lot for me
I don't worry about my rent
I pay it on time, I pick and choose
How every dime gets spent

Guess there's nothing wrong with being blessed
It should be the same
Both more and less
I haven't found the balance yet

Solomon was the wisest man
But I guess not wise enough
He forgot the Blesser
When the blessing were too much

Now I know I swing with Solomon
Between the left and right
How I wish that I could find a place
Where I'd be satisfied
(Don't wanna deny You, don't wanna turn from You)

Songwriters
Peacock, Charlie / Becker, Margaret

Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Read more: Margaret Becker - Solomon's Shoes Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Old 02-16-2017, 01:12 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,025,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
No, thank you for affirming my understanding and deepening my insight...

As for my salvation, God and I have a LONG and sincere commitment to each other...but again...thanks for taking time out from your reading the 401K to express your interest in my personal relationship with Christ.

And as Margret Becker sang---

Solomon's Shoes

Living hungry on soup and dreams
Nothing left to lose
It seemed so simple then
When there wasn't a lot to choose

Every day was like a year
There was lots of time
To see things clear
But then the blessing brought me here

Things have changed a lot for me
I don't worry about my rent
I pay it on time, I pick and choose
How every dime gets spent

Guess there's nothing wrong with being blessed
It should be the same
Both more and less
I haven't found the balance yet

Solomon was the wisest man
But I guess not wise enough
He forgot the Blesser
When the blessing were too much

Now I know I swing with Solomon
Between the left and right
How I wish that I could find a place
Where I'd be satisfied
(Don't wanna deny You, don't wanna turn from You)

Songwriters
Peacock, Charlie / Becker, Margaret

Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Read more: Margaret Becker - Solomon's Shoes Lyrics | MetroLyrics
You're welcome. I would hope if you are saved, you understand that as a Disciple of Christ aka Christ follower I need to be concerned with your salvation when you worship his mother. That's called Idolatry. Mary is not "our hope". Just as I desired the reverse would occur when starting this thread. So please leave these musings out of the equation
"
"HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope!"

Old 02-16-2017, 02:58 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I go sometimes 24 hrs without thinking about God. Giving thanks, praise and glory. I found a bible believing church and will attend this Sunday.

My other church disbanded.

Last night I cried, prayed, and begged to be filled with the spirit. I felt I was then this morning, back to the drawing board.

I know the fallen angels (demons) and satan believe in God but are obviously not saved. My son isn't saved and it terrifies me. I am not sure if I am UNSAVED how or why, I would be terrified for my son??

I am a believer. I know this. I do not doubt. I accepted God as my savior but sometimes I wonder if I really did. I sin way too much. I do not see a progression of getting better but do not see a progression of getting worse either. Of course to the world, I am not bad or any different than anyone else.

Are there any examples in the bible of someone who BELIEVES IN THE GOD OF THE BIBLE yet isn't working against him? The only examples i know have an agenda to go against god. Except maybe Judas. Maybe I need to study his betrayal more. THank you.
You're probably just not one of the Elect and DOOMED because you are predestined for Hell. Might as well just go do what you want to do.

Just kidding. I grew up in a Calvinist church.

For real--put down the book for a while--too much attachment and designation to a book as divine is also idolatry--stop praying for specifics that YOU think are right and begging and blah blah blah, just quietly say a simple prayer for guidance--ask what you should do without boring God with the details and using too many words, LET IT GO, LET IT GO, LET IT GO, and then go about your business.

See what happens.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:02 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Thank you so much Mike. This really blessed me. There are very few actual Christians and I think I just met one I will be back online tonight and will study this for a good length of time. Leaving for work now.
Thank you Nancy. And you're welcome. I hope it sets your mind at ease.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:39 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
With that, God knows the beginning and the end beforehand so this makes sense. He knew who will love him before he created them
If you actually believe this, why do you think God would have bothered to create those who do not love Him???? Does that actually make sense to you??? I find the Calvinist perspective beyond odd.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You're probably just not one of the Elect and DOOMED because you are predestined for Hell. Might as well just go do what you want to do.

Just kidding. I grew up in a Calvinist church.
Our Calvanist church disbanded. It was very Calvinistic but toned down after I joined. My guess is I had something to do with it since the Pastor and I were cycling together alot, also his wife when she could. And we'd go ourselves without him. So I laughed at that comment. Just a sidenote but how I reconcilled that in my mind is if God knows the beginning-end, he knows who will love him. So he called those "the elect' that is very simplified of course but is in accord with the teaching he is no respector of persons.

Quote:
For real--put down the book for a while--too much attachment and designation to a book as divine is also idolatry--stop praying for specifics that YOU think are right and begging and blah blah blah, just quietly say a simple prayer for guidance--ask what you should do without boring God with the details and using too many words, LET IT GO, LET IT GO, LET IT GO, and then go about your business.

See what happens.
Thank you. Sounds like excellent advice I will heed. I've been stuck listening to the audio bible not getting much past Mikes suggestion to read Acts 10 since it's so good.. I may start from Acts 1 and work up to Acts 12.

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 02-17-2017 at 02:16 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you actually believe this, why do you think God would have bothered to create those who do not love Him???? Does that actually make sense to you??? I find the Calvinist perspective beyond odd.
That is difficult to answer. It is a bible verse so it is truth. And it is very straight-forward

I do not view it as the Calvinists do, well, as far as I know. My response to MightyQueen might help clarify. I ask myself ALOT, why did God create those humans he knew would reject him thus inflicting them with eternal torment?

I also wrestle with where it states God "Created hell for the Devil and his angels"-Matt 25:41

If so, did he not know others would be in HELL if he truly has this foreknowledge? He sends them there. I wonder what a Calvinist would say to this. Nonetheless, I have alot to learn

Old 02-17-2017, 02:59 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Jesus said ``repent or perish`` , .... which is the key to salvation , but it is best to know people who have Jesus Holy spirit who can pray for you , as salvation also come through the prayers of the saints because God moves through His family of the children of God ..... Still the Calvinist reject the gospel of salvation , as Jesus said go you in all the earth and baptize them all , which Calvinist only dictate that the chosen elect will be saved which makes the sacrifice of the cross of Jesus unworthy to save people ............Also Pray for others like your relatives to be saved , claim them for the kingdom of God and believe always that with the authority of the believer asking for forgiveness for their sins , believing you received in your prayers .............. Other keys to attract Jesus is to give charity for the gospel for salvation , giving this charity to Jesus through His ministries that spread the gospel ..... See Heaven is based on charity as God is charitable with His blessing .......

Old 02-17-2017, 03:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
lets see, the god of the bible is not real. So if you believe in a non real thing can you not be saved?

I would think that if you believe you need a book's good to save you, the issue isn't with god.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:18 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lets see, the god of the bible is not real. So if you believe in a non real thing can you not be saved?

I would think that if you believe you need a book's good to save you, the issue isn't with god.
Read the sticky.
12-15-2016, 12:34 PM

In order to preserve the peace and harmony in the Christianity forum, the moderators have agreed that the following policy is in order. Please adhere.

This is the Christianity forum, where we discuss issues about Christianity. Obviously, the existence of God/Jesus is a given in such discussions, so arguments against the existence of God are off topic in the Christianity forum. Please confine any such discussions to the main Religion & Spirituality forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity