Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 03:25 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
PETER ALSO DENIED CHRIST..to save his own life...THREE TIMES...is that what you would do??
Everyone of us would say, 'NO!... I'd never deny Christ'... and unless and until that situation presented itself, you can't really know.
When Christ told Peter that he (Peter) would deny Him (Christ) Peter denied that... yet, before the crow cocked, Peter denied his Christ to save his own life.
This shows me that Peter was human. Capable and fully able to make a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 03:27 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

No, neither one does. This has been addressed before and again you INTERPRET scripture through the lens of your doctrine rather that the Spirit OR the literal words of the Bible.
Couldn't the same be said of you?

Old 02-27-2017, 03:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Couldn't the same be said of you?
Absolutely! And that is my point: I no more reject the words attributed to Jesus than YOU do.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
PETER ALSO DENIED CHRIST..to save his own life...THREE TIMES...is that what you would do??
But Jesus later forgave and reinstated Peter and commissioned him to build the Church. Some time later, Peter spoke in support of Paul.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Absolutely! And that is my point: I no more reject the words attributed to Jesus than YOU do.
What you reject is a literal meaning. When Jesus says there is a chasm, you say it's a parable. When Paul says "after death comes judgement", you say that's not in the spirit of Christ, which without scriptural basis, is mere speculation.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I am bothered because Paulie is a FRAUD and a FALSE TEACHER who is venerated ABOVE the status of Christ by EVANGELICALS...

And PETER also denied Christ THREE TIMES.....

So both your character witnesses are FLAWED and epic LIARS and COWARDS....
How is Paul a fraud?

Everyone is flawed, including you & me. Moses was a murderer (yet God chose him to lead His people), David stole a man's wife and had her husband murdered (yet God said he was "a man after my own heart"), Job cursed God (yet God called him "good"), Jonah ran from God (yet God used him to preach repentance), etc.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
What you reject is a literal meaning. When Jesus says there is a chasm, you say it's a parable. When Paul says "after death comes judgement", you say that's not in the spirit of Christ, which without scriptural basis, is mere speculation.
jimmiej, as I said, YOU reject the literal meaning pointing to annihilation, so how am I different?

Please read what I SAY instead of what you THINK I would be sayin g in opposition to your perceptions: I do NOT say that judgement is not in the spirit of Christ, I say that judgement just means facing the consequences of failures of acting in love, and is NOT automatically a sentence to eternal torment {or annihilation either for that matter}.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
jimmiej, as I said, YOU reject the literal meaning pointing to annihilation, so how am I different?

Please read what I SAY instead of what you THINK I would be sayin g in opposition to your perceptions: I do NOT say that judgement is not in the spirit of Christ, I say that judgement just means facing the consequences of failures of acting in love, and is NOT automatically a sentence to eternal torment {or annihilation either for that matter}.
But you believe salvation can be found after death. I say there's no scriptural evdence for that.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
But you believe salvation can be found after death. I say there's no scriptural evdence for that.
It's been given many times. That's another area of what Jesus had to say which you reject due to your doctrines.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If there is not an inward change, you will follow an outward appearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
And trusting Jesus Christ to change you within is the only way any one can get to know Him personally.
Change always comes from within; and it's always personal.
It has nothing to do with others, or with what they believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity