Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 09:20 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,783,911 times

Advertisements

Jesus never said God is love.

The OT never said God is love.

The two verses in 1John does not make it so.

God loves those who love the Son and keep His commandments. Jesus was clear on that.

Not everyone is a child of God.

God's children can only do what they see Him doing. Whatever God does His children do also.

Hence the saying;

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

In that verse who does Jesus say the Father loves?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Apparently, you are obstinate and cannot see or hear the truth.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:58 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Jesus told us to love God and to love everyone else ..Matthew 22:37.. Then the apostle John said God is love, 1 John 4:9-11...... And the Apostle John knew Jesus hand to hand .......... Then there is the sin issues which God directs us to avoid , and All sin is opposite of love .......Still God is justice , as God said do not sin which would give people evil unloving sin in their lives ....Where people who say God has no justice and is only love would be in error , as extreme love of a liberal ideas is abuse because there would be no justice and people could continue to be in evil which has no love

Old 02-23-2017, 06:27 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
what do the Scriptures say?

Proverbs 8
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea , durable riches and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

God loves those who love the Son and keep His commandments. Jesus was clear on that.

God's children can only do what they see Him doing. Whatever God does His children do also.

Hence the saying;

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

This is where you worship the created rather than the Creator...

Old 02-23-2017, 07:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:

Hence the saying;

So if god is not love, what good is god and why do we need that kind of god?

Old 02-23-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So if god is not love, what good is god and why do we need that kind of god?
"The Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

The answer is in the son, the servant of God.

I will reveal the truth to those who keep my word. "I", being the son, the servant of God who can only do what the Father does by word.

In other words, proclaim God's word and it shall be revealed to you as you transition into the kingdom of heaven.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This is where you worship the created rather than the Creator...
Not quite getting your meaning.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
what do the Scriptures say?

Proverbs 8
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea , durable riches and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
Yes, wisdom speaks. God's word is wisdom and life.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Not quite getting your meaning.
Jesus told you to worship the Father, but yet, you worship Jesus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity