U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 06:41 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,474,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You should read revelation without twisting it. You cannot get by this fact--Rev 1:1--A revelation of Jesus which God gave to him--The receiver is not God, the giver is God. If one says the receiver is God, then there is more than 1 God. Same at rev 3:12--the trinity religions have to teach--God has a God. And If the Logos was ( capitol G GOD) then the second line reads--and God was with God= impossible.
I see your stumblingblock, God can be with God in flesh and blood. did you not read, Mark 10:27 "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible".

now let's clear up Revelation 1:1. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

God here is the Spirit, correct, (see John 4:24a). the Spirit gave unto "him", who is the the "HIM" here?. the answer, another, or the EQUAL G243 allos of himeself in flesh. not two separate being, not two separate person, but the EQUAL "share" of himself, God OWNSELF, in flesh. this is called DIFFERENTIATION.

using the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words which gives a good definition of this equal sharing of "HIMSELF" in flesh or his DIFFERENTIATION of himself is, G243 Allos. educate yourself with the definition. listen,

G243 allos, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort.

a numerical difference is what DIFFERENTIATION states, and "sort" in the allos definition tells us what kind of DIFFERENTIATION the Spirit is.

what's diffrent? God is "shared" in flesh as a man by G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v meaning by abasing, or by neutralizing himself in flesh.

it's easy as pie to understand. not two separate person or beings, but only one person ONE BEING shared in or is differentiated in flesh. this is how John 1:1 is easly explained.

Oh yes it's possible for God to be with God.... in flesh. supportive scripture, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us".

how can God be with US? ... answer, by being in flesh, a body, a temple, a tabernacle as us. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men".

THIS IS HOW GOD IS WITH US. always remember, "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible". Mark 10:27 (kjv)

keep that verse in mind all the time when dealing with the Godhead, and you want go wrong.

PICYJAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 03:37 PM

4,165 posts, read 1,539,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I see your stumblingblock, God can be with God in flesh and blood. did you not read, Mark 10:27 "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible".

now let's clear up Revelation 1:1. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

God here is the Spirit, correct, (see John 4:24a). the Spirit gave unto "him", who is the the "HIM" here?. the answer, another, or the EQUAL G243 allos of himeself in flesh. not two separate being, not two separate person, but the EQUAL "share" of himself, God OWNSELF, in flesh. this is called DIFFERENTIATION.

using the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words which gives a good definition of this equal sharing of "HIMSELF" in flesh or his DIFFERENTIATION of himself is, G243 Allos. educate yourself with the definition. listen,

G243 allos, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort.

a numerical difference is what DIFFERENTIATION states, and "sort" in the allos definition tells us what kind of DIFFERENTIATION the Spirit is.

what's diffrent? God is "shared" in flesh as a man by G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v meaning by abasing, or by neutralizing himself in flesh.

it's easy as pie to understand. not two separate person or beings, but only one person ONE BEING shared in or is differentiated in flesh. this is how John 1:1 is easly explained.

Oh yes it's possible for God to be with God.... in flesh. supportive scripture, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us".

how can God be with US? ... answer, by being in flesh, a body, a temple, a tabernacle as us. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men".

THIS IS HOW GOD IS WITH US. always remember, "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible". Mark 10:27 (kjv)

keep that verse in mind all the time when dealing with the Godhead, and you want go wrong.

PICYJAG.

When was Jesus called Emmanuel? God was with us because Jesus lives 24/7,365 to do his Fathers will( John 5:30) so do the true followers(Matt 7:21)--Everything originates from the Father, through Jesus( Acts 2:22)--Jesus is his image(Coll 1:15) an image is never the real thing.
You do not know Jesus, he clearly taught-- John 17:1-6,26-- A prayer to his Father--Jesus said--the one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6-YHVH(Jehovah) 26-YHVH(Jehovah)--Hallowed be thy name( YHVH(Jehovah) the Father. Every real follower believes Jesus first. John 20:17, Rev 3:12--He contradicts a capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1--He was NOT called HO THEOS in the last line as was present in the second line speaking of the true God. a god is correct--has godlike qualities, because God did the things through him(Acts 2:22)

Old 10-26-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
When was Jesus called Emmanuel? God was with us because Jesus lives 24/7,365 to do his Fathers will( John 5:30) so do the true followers(Matt 7:21)--Everything originates from the Father, through Jesus( Acts 2:22)--Jesus is his image(Coll 1:15) an image is never the real thing.
You do not know Jesus, he clearly taught-- John 17:1-6,26-- A prayer to his Father--Jesus said--the one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6-YHVH(Jehovah) 26-YHVH(Jehovah)--Hallowed be thy name( YHVH(Jehovah) the Father. Every real follower believes Jesus first. John 20:17, Rev 3:12--He contradicts a capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1--He was NOT called HO THEOS in the last line as was present in the second line speaking of the true God. a god is correct--has godlike qualities, because God did the things through him(Acts 2:22)
First thanks for your response.

YOUR FIRST QUESTION ANSWERED, correct JESUS lives 24 seven, it was not untill he came into the world in flesh is he called "Emmanuel". he did not appear in a manifestation, but in first PERSON face to face. this also answer the "US" and the "OUR" in Genesis 1:26.... (smile). by sharing himself in flesh hence the "us" and the "our" that was to come, scripture. Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come". see he was to come in FLESH, that why and when he's called "Emmanuel" because he'e with us, meaning in a body, in flesh. that's why John 1:1 said he "WAS" with God why? because he's "with" us.

see how easy the bible explain itself.

NOW YOUR SECOND QUESTION, "to do his Fathers will( John 5:30) so do the true followers(Matt 7:21)--Everything originates from the Father, through Jesus( Acts 2:22)--Jesus is his image(Coll 1:15) an image is never the real thing".
"to do his father will?". let's see. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

may we ask, is your arm you, or is "YOUR" own arm a separate person from you? ... of course not. your own arm is just as mush as you as your feet, your hands, ect... understand "MY" means possission and it was God's "owm" arm, which is mine, just as he said. we suggest you read Isaiah 63:5 again.

NOW YOUR THIRD QUESTION, "Everything originates from the Father, through Jesus". we have answered this question over, and over, ... but.

lets see if anything is through JESUS. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".
Now kjw47, God the LORD, all caps said he made all things "by himself", "Alone". well that just destroyed any notion that the Father went trouugh anyone.

now if you will kjw47, answer me this, seeing that he, God, was alone and by himself when he made all thing, answer me this, scripture, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

the "him" here in John 1:3 is the Word, JESUS. we ask who made all things. listen,

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself". (THIS IS THE ONE WHOM YOU CALLS THE FATHER). HE WAS ALONE, AND BY HIMSELF.

Now, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".(THIS IS THE ONE WHOM MANY SAY IS THE SON, JESUS).

so tell us "WHO MADE ALL THINGS".

NOW YOUR FOURTH QUESTION, "Jesus is his image(Coll 1:15) an image is never the real thing".
scripture, Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high". the "EXPRESS" image is real, because it's of his "PERSON, and God is real.

the answer is in the definition of "EXPRESS IMACE", let's see this image.
G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image

see definition #3. a “character,”, now we asks is a "character" real?... yes, see, the figure hold the "character" or characteristics of God himself, and once mor, GOD is REAL. the and do you know what a "character" means metaphorically in the bible?, listen.... "SON". ... (smile). definition time,

character: G5207, huios, It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. descendants, without reference to sex.

now do you see why the Lord Jesus is called the "SON", because it's God's "character", or his manifestation or the "characteristics of God himself in flesh. other words God manifested in flesh, as you asked in your first question, "God was with us because Jesus lives 24/7,365 to do his OWN WILL IN FLESH".

see how the bible come full circle, Man the bible is so easy to understand.

NOW YOUR FIFTH QUESTION: "John 17:1-6,26-- A prayer to his Father",
in flesh yes, ... as the "equal" SHARE of himself, AS A "MAN". for me is our example.

NOW YOUR SIXTH QUESTION:"Jesus said--the one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6-YHVH(Jehovah) 26-YHVH(Jehovah)--Hallowed be thy name( YHVH(Jehovah) the Father".

we will answer all of this in one scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.

remember there's only one God, and that one God came and "SAVE" us, now who is the God that "CAME" and SAVED us?. read Isaiah 35:4 again before you answer.

the bible is so easy to understand.

NOW your LAST and SEVENTH question. "He contradicts a capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1--He was NOT called HO THEOS in the last line as was present in the second line speaking of the true God. a god is correct--has godlike qualities, because God did the things through him(Acts 2:22)".

we will answer and destroy this question of "a god" in John 1:1c that you aske in one scripture. Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand".

clearly God said there is NO "god" WITH him. that just destroyed your thinking of John 1:1c as "a god". because the WORD ws "WITH" God.

so puff goes the "a god" nonsense.

see how easy the bible answer and reveals itself.

so, Ill be looking for your answer we ASKED in your YOUR THIRD QUESTION, (see above). I'll be looking for your answer.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
First thanks for your response.

YOUR FIRST QUESTION ANSWERED, correct JESUS lives 24 seven, it was not untill he came into the world in flesh is he called "Emmanuel". he did not appear in a manifestation, but in first PERSON face to face. this also answer the "US" and the "OUR" in Genesis 1:26.... (smile). by sharing himself in flesh hence the "us" and the "our" that was to come, scripture. Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come". see he was to come in FLESH, that why and when he's called "Emmanuel" because he'e with us, meaning in a body, in flesh. that's why John 1:1 said he "WAS" with God why? because he's "with" us.

see how easy the bible explain itself.

NOW YOUR SECOND QUESTION, "to do his Fathers will( John 5:30) so do the true followers(Matt 7:21)--Everything originates from the Father, through Jesus( Acts 2:22)--Jesus is his image(Coll 1:15) an image is never the real thing".
"to do his father will?". let's see. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

may we ask, is your arm you, or is "YOUR" own arm a separate person from you? ... of course not. your own arm is just as mush as you as your feet, your hands, ect... understand "MY" means possission and it was God's "owm" arm, which is mine, just as he said. we suggest you read Isaiah 63:5 again.

NOW YOUR THIRD QUESTION, "Everything originates from the Father, through Jesus". we have answered this question over, and over, ... but.

lets see if anything is through JESUS. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".
Now kjw47, God the LORD, all caps said he made all things "by himself", "Alone". well that just destroyed any notion that the Father went trouugh anyone.

now if you will kjw47, answer me this, seeing that he, God, was alone and by himself when he made all thing, answer me this, scripture, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

the "him" here in John 1:3 is the Word, JESUS. we ask who made all things. listen,

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself". (THIS IS THE ONE WHOM YOU CALLS THE FATHER). HE WAS ALONE, AND BY HIMSELF.

Now, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".(THIS IS THE ONE WHOM MANY SAY IS THE SON, JESUS).

so tell us "WHO MADE ALL THINGS".

NOW YOUR FOURTH QUESTION, "Jesus is his image(Coll 1:15) an image is never the real thing".
scripture, Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high". the "EXPRESS" image is real, because it's of his "PERSON, and God is real.

the answer is in the definition of "EXPRESS IMACE", let's see this image.
G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image

see definition #3. a “character,”, now we asks is a "character" real?... yes, see, the figure hold the "character" or characteristics of God himself, and once mor, GOD is REAL. the and do you know what a "character" means metaphorically in the bible?, listen.... "SON". ... (smile). definition time,

character: G5207, huios, It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. descendants, without reference to sex.

now do you see why the Lord Jesus is called the "SON", because it's God's "character", or his manifestation or the "characteristics of God himself in flesh. other words God manifested in flesh, as you asked in your first question, "God was with us because Jesus lives 24/7,365 to do his OWN WILL IN FLESH".

see how the bible come full circle, Man the bible is so easy to understand.

NOW YOUR FIFTH QUESTION: "John 17:1-6,26-- A prayer to his Father",
in flesh yes, ... as the "equal" SHARE of himself, AS A "MAN". for me is our example.

NOW YOUR SIXTH QUESTION:"Jesus said--the one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6-YHVH(Jehovah) 26-YHVH(Jehovah)--Hallowed be thy name( YHVH(Jehovah) the Father".

we will answer all of this in one scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.

remember there's only one God, and that one God came and "SAVE" us, now who is the God that "CAME" and SAVED us?. read Isaiah 35:4 again before you answer.

the bible is so easy to understand.

NOW your LAST and SEVENTH question. "He contradicts a capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1--He was NOT called HO THEOS in the last line as was present in the second line speaking of the true God. a god is correct--has godlike qualities, because God did the things through him(Acts 2:22)".

we will answer and destroy this question of "a god" in John 1:1c that you aske in one scripture. Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand".

clearly God said there is NO "god" WITH him. that just destroyed your thinking of John 1:1c as "a god". because the WORD ws "WITH" God.

so puff goes the "a god" nonsense.

see how easy the bible answer and reveals itself.

so, Ill be looking for your answer we ASKED in your YOUR THIRD QUESTION, (see above). I'll be looking for your answer.

PICYJAG.

Actually the -US and OUR in Genesis= YHVH(Jehovah and his master worker) Jesus)= Prov 8--he tells you he was created direct first and last before other creations--This is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus--none other can be called Gods master worker but Jesus, the one whom God created all other things through. It is not YHVH speaking at Prov 8. Daniel 12: 1 tells you who stood up.

Right--The word was with God--Your teaching is God was with God= impossible. No Ho Theos in the last line proves the word was not called Ho Theos( The God)-Only the Father is called HO THEOS in the NT.
This is reality--John 20:17, Rev 3:12

Old 10-27-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Actually the -US and OUR in Genesis= YHVH(Jehovah and his master worker) Jesus)= Prov 8--he tells you he was created direct first and last before other creations--This is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus--none other can be called Gods master worker but Jesus, the one whom God created all other things through. It is not YHVH speaking at Prov 8. Daniel 12: 1 tells you who stood up.

Right--The word was with God--Your teaching is God was with God= impossible. No Ho Theos in the last line proves the word was not called Ho Theos( The God)-Only the Father is called HO THEOS in the NT.
This is reality--John 20:17, Rev 3:12
First, thanks for the response.

second NO. we teach a diversified God of himself.

now to answer all of your questions above, just answer the one question we put forth which you have not yet answered.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

ALL THINGS WAS MADE BY THE WORD ... JESUS. now this,

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

so no master worker was involved. is not the LORD, all caps your YHVH(Jehovah)? from the verse above your YHVH(Jehovah) was all "alone" and "by himself". that contridict and exposes your assessmnent as flase. for the word of God is true.

we are going to ask you one more time, is this two separate Gods or is this the SAME "ONE" God "WHO MADE ALL THINGS", by himself, alone. please read those verses again before you answer. your answer please.

this will put to rest your notion of any two Gods, or two separate Persons as God. we'll be looking for your ANSWER.

PICYJAG.

ps, no options, just answer the question. thanks in advance.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:

second NO. we teach a diversified God of himself.

now to answer all of your questions above, just answer the one question we put forth which you have not yet answered.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

ALL THINGS WAS MADE BY THE WORD ... JESUS. now this,

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

so no master worker was involved. is not the LORD, all caps your YHVH(Jehovah)? from the verse above your YHVH(Jehovah) was all "alone" and "by himself". that contridict and exposes your assessmnent as flase. for the word of God is true.

we are going to ask you one more time, is this two separate Gods or is this the SAME "ONE" God "WHO MADE ALL THINGS", by himself, alone. please read those verses again before you answer. your answer please.

this will put to rest your notion of any two Gods, or two separate Persons as God. we'll be looking for your ANSWER.

PICYJAG.

ps, no options, just answer the question. thanks in advance.

Catholicism translating is all that remained when the protestants translated. They did not correct the many errors. They twisted words to fit false council teachings. No one had a clue by the time the protestants broke away. Catholicism own bible exposes them as false as does protestant bibles to the protestants.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Catholicism translating is all that remained when the protestants translated. They did not correct the many errors. They twisted words to fit false council teachings. No one had a clue by the time the protestants broke away. Catholicism own bible exposes them as false as does protestant bibles to the protestants.
GINOLJC, to all.

Second, can we thake this as you cannot answer the question?

we're not concern about the Catholic, they have enough problems of their own. we're only intrested in what the Lord the Bible says.

so we see you cannot answer the one question. there is no need to contuine this conversatation... Thank, and good day.

PICYJAG.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:52 PM

503 posts, read 136,005 times
Is the dogma of the Trinity still a mystery? I do not think so. First, it was explained by a spirit. Man, the best minds, tried it in 325 AD at the Council of Nicea, but they failed. It is a church mystery, and left it that way.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:41 PM

38,273 posts, read 25,850,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Is the dogma of the Trinity still a mystery? I do not think so. First, it was explained by a spirit. Man, the best minds, tried it in 325 AD at the Council of Nicea, but they failed. It is a church mystery, and left it that way.
What is a mystery is how such an absurd and improbable explanation for the ignorance of our ancestors EVER came to be accepted. Jargon had to be created about hypostatic unions and kenosis to pretend that the absurd explanation is somehow rational because - God is mysterious. The propensity to accept nonsense in defense of a created concept of God is utterly astounding. We who understand the concept of consciousness as the locus of personhood reject the multiple "persons" nonsense that our ignorant ancestors used to create the ridiculous explanation of three persons in one. The concept of consciousness explains it all perfectly without any need for any semantic foolishness. God IS Spirit (= pure consciousness). Jesus brought God's consciousness to His HUMAN consciousness and His human consciousness was reborn as the Holy Spirit upon His physical death - as our consciousnesses will be. That is why the Comforter (His Holy Spirit) abides with us in His name within our human consciousnesses to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 01-19-2019, 05:20 AM

27,087 posts, read 14,429,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is a mystery is how such an absurd and improbable explanation for the ignorance of our ancestors EVER came to be accepted. Jargon had to be created about hypostatic unions and kenosis to pretend that the absurd explanation is somehow rational because - God is mysterious. The propensity to accept nonsense in defense of a created concept of God is utterly astounding. We who understand the concept of consciousness as the locus of personhood reject the multiple "persons" nonsense that our ignorant ancestors used to create the ridiculous explanation of three persons in one. The concept of consciousness explains it all perfectly without any need for any semantic foolishness. God IS Spirit (= pure consciousness). Jesus brought God's consciousness to His HUMAN consciousness and His human consciousness was reborn as the Holy Spirit upon His physical death - as our consciousnesses will be. That is why the Comforter (His Holy Spirit) abides with us in His name within our human consciousnesses to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
Ignorance of YOUR ancestors, not mine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity