Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 10:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, how'd you grow up?...Orthodox, Conservative, Reform or Reconstructionist?...

Agnostic secular parents, and yourself?

Old 03-29-2017, 11:26 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
but the story is anything but believable.
Hanni dear.. you don't have faith do you ? you still need to meet the God who does things in the physical world..
a old man I know who was a real bad alcoholic , Bad like the drunk passed out asleep on the street corner kind of bad alcoholic.. got saved.
he never learned in school how to read but he wanted to read the Bible .
and so he pray to the Lord about wanting to read the Bible .
the answer came when during his sleep in his dreams pages of the bible would be pictured turning then a few second another page would turn .. like it was being read to him or to his mind in his sleep. so the first week he sounded like a first grade reader at bible study .. and everyone suffered through each word as it was sounded out.. with in about a month not only could the wonderful old drunk read full speed in public, after about 3 months , he could darn near quote whole pages of the bible , in almost any book of the bible !
and we all knew for sure he had had no exposure to the bible to be able to know it. . the Fountains of wisdom ARE TRUE all we have to do is ask and believe.. He believed God could and would, so God did it for him .
it was really amazing to watch the Lord Love him . all of you would have been just as amazed as we were .. if you have to suffer through those first few weeks of him trying to read the bible. I suspect the Lord helped him just so we didn't have to suffer through it every bible studies , every eye sleepy fighting to stay awake.. because Bill wanted to read every passage in that study and we had bible studies that went hours. He became a really good friend and he turned the churches in our area on their heads because by his example of just true innocent belief and a pureness in his faith in God. God used him to do the most awesome deeds for His people who were just entrenched in their chosen
" religion " and were not in relationship not with God and his Son but were in a relationship with a pew.. it was So awesome to watch God do that for someone. it is truly a blast to watch God give someone their true hearts desire.
so for me I have no doubt that angels and the Lord were reading to that baby and giving him sounds and wisdom exactly like the baby said.
because I saw him fix what was broke in an old drunk..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-29-2017 at 11:38 AM..

Old 03-29-2017, 12:02 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times
I didn't even watch a min of it, but enough to see a Wicca tattoo, and then I only assumed that they think some curse came from a Wiccan tattoo.

Does this mean that if a person is involved with the worship system of another God, that it is a bad thing? It looked to me like they did an entire show off of this person in what appeared to be a desperate attempt to somehow prove there is a God or that God had answered somebody's prayer to insinuate that somebody has the gifts of the Holy spirit, that somebody can pray for a healing and look,'' GOD HEALED THEM.''

I don't buy it at all.

The first people who received the power and gifts of the Holy spirit didn't have to put on a big show, they walked into village after village and everyone in each village was healed with great miraculous power and there was no doubt where one might say,'' Well, it must have not been the will of God, it must have been their time.''

If Sid Roth or any of his followers had the same Holy spirit which was given on Shavuot, the man would have no need to put on a big show. Let all the blind and deaf be gathered so he can heal all the time and there wouldn't have to be a show at all.

The Holy spirit which fell on Shavuot is very particular and it's design and prophesies contained in the promises for the spring rain and the fall rain is explained. There are two comings of the rain, two promises because of the fact that it is not a continuous rain. Rain falls in the spring and then it stops raining and because it is already designed to go away, and we are told that it would pass away, there was therefore a need for the promise of a second rain.

The fact that nobody can lay hands on anyone to get a healing proves that the rain has indeed ended, and why would the rain of Shavuot have ended?

The spirit was shared from hand to hand, from one person to the next, it didn't just come on a person who believed, it fell on those people who counted the omer right up unto the promise and these people were sternly warned to stay in the tradition of Shavuot, to stay in prayer and to keep counting the omer and if they would have not done this, they would not have received the promise. They received a warning that they had to be prepared just as Jesus has promised us a warning before the coming of the second rain in the fall.

Why did the rain end?

It ended because everyone who had the spirit of Shavuot was sought out and persecuted until there was nobody who even believed in keeping Shavuot. The great majority who claim a Holy spirit of Shavuot are actually people who don't believe you should keep this Jewish feast, and I would ask somebody why they think that they would have a great reward and gift that comes to people who keep and love the feasts of Jesus.

Had Sid Roth the spirit, it would not be a long show about them trying to desperately prove a supposed healing miracle, it would be a show where the blind come and receive sight.

The spring is long past but the fall has come and we are to pray for the greatest promise and reward ever offered to mankind. We are promised a second rain BECAUSE the first rain is no longer, and this isn't an opinion the way I see it, it is design.

If a single person on this Earth had the Holy Spirit which fell as rain on Shavuot, there would not be one single Atheist in this forum.

NOT ONE.

If a person believes that he has the great Holy spirit of Shavuot, then he has no need to pray for the second rain does he?

If he thinks he has the overwhelming power of the Holy spirit, he will not seek the reward of the second spirit and this is very unfortunate because he would have not prepared for the promised rain of the fall, and the rain which is promised in the fall is DOUBLE.

It is not a rain, it is a promised flood which is so powerful the person who receives it will actually glow and shine.

But the person who thinks they already have the spirit is not aware of the coming of the second rain and he doesn't know just how important it is to pray for the fall rain so that the rain will fall on his seed, so his seed will die and bear fruit.

Why pray for the rain of the fall when one already thinks he has the rain of the spring?

The rain of the fall is not like the rain of the spring, the promised rain of holy spirit given in the spring is shared from hand to hand but this could not be true of the second rain of spirit because the second rain is all powerful, it makes a person immortal and full of power to where he has no limits.

It will not be shared because the person who has received the second rain had to spend his time and money in preparation to receive what he is asking for and so after a servant is cut in half, the kingdom of heaven will be as ten virgins. They are ten virgins because they are the legal congregation of believers in Christ. Jesus came and took two men and he made them one single servant but then the Gentiles departed from the Jew as a servant who had been cut in half.

The wise virgins betrothed to Christ who are able to walk in darkness who can find the chamber are looking at the foolish virgins who not only have no oil, they don't even have an extra vessel in which to fill it with oil, and even if they did have an extra vessel, they know not where to buy the oil lol.

Nevertheless, the foolish will see those wise virgins who had light to walk into the darkness where they find the bridal chamber and they enter in.

The foolish say,'' Give us this light that makes you glow.''

The wise say,'' No, lest there be not enough for me.''

The wise virgins had to find an extra vessel and they spent their time and money buying the oil, they are not going to share.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 03-29-2017 at 12:17 PM..

Old 03-29-2017, 01:07 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG2014 View Post
Which is why the men of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society insert a word to change the meaning of the text...

Bruh, the first chapters in Proverbs Wisdom is personified as a woman: "Wisdom has built her house;
she has set up[a] its seven pillars.
2 She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine;
she has also set her table.
3 She has sent out her servants, and she calls
from the highest point of the city,
4 “Let all who are simple come to my house!”
To those who have no sense she says,
5 “Come, eat my food
and drink the wine I have mixed.
6 Leave your simple ways and you will live;
walk in the way of insight.” Prov 9

The New World Translation, more aptly the New Watchtower Translation which adds words to fit the WBTS publishing houses doctrines.

Greek scholars who remain anonymous so we cannot check their credentials remains a matter of faith for you. I have doubts as the history of the WBTS has shown from its inception with CT Russell in court making claims that he could read the Greek alphabet* but later admitting in that same court he could not.

Be careful my friend, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society publishing house from which you buy their work to give away to earn your salvation and prove your worthiness is a very convincing organization.

" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast." Eph 2

*7 Bones To Pick With C.T. Russell & The Jehovah’s Witnesses | TWIM see #2

People like you love believing lies about the JW,s.
JW,s do not teach works gets one saved. Works builds a strong living faith--without the works, ones faith is worthless---James= Faith without works is dead
So then by doing works it assures ones faith is built up to stand against troubled times. Faith is what gets one saved. Works builds that faith. So they go hand in hand.

Gods chosen scholars of the day( Pharisees and saduccees) were saying the same basic mislead thinking against Jesus and the apostles-- they said--they cannot possibly be teachers, they did not attend our schools of men---- see like your mislead thinking-- the real teachers of Jesus' get HOLY Spirit--they do not need the schools of men. There is much error taught in the schools of men, just like in Jesus day. errors that had the whole nation of Israel standing in opposition to their own Messiah. Few followed him.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:15 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Hanni dear.. you don't have faith do you ? you still need to meet the God who does things in the physical world..
a old man I know who was a real bad alcoholic , Bad like the drunk passed out asleep on the street corner kind of bad alcoholic.. got saved.
he never learned in school how to read but he wanted to read the Bible .
and so he pray to the Lord about wanting to read the Bible .
the answer came when during his sleep in his dreams pages of the bible would be pictured turning then a few second another page would turn .. like it was being read to him or to his mind in his sleep. so the first week he sounded like a first grade reader at bible study .. and everyone suffered through each word as it was sounded out.. with in about a month not only could the wonderful old drunk read full speed in public, after about 3 months , he could darn near quote whole pages of the bible , in almost any book of the bible !
and we all knew for sure he had had no exposure to the bible to be able to know it. . the Fountains of wisdom ARE TRUE all we have to do is ask and believe.. He believed God could and would, so God did it for him .
it was really amazing to watch the Lord Love him . all of you would have been just as amazed as we were .. if you have to suffer through those first few weeks of him trying to read the bible. I suspect the Lord helped him just so we didn't have to suffer through it every bible studies , every eye sleepy fighting to stay awake.. because Bill wanted to read every passage in that study and we had bible studies that went hours. He became a really good friend and he turned the churches in our area on their heads because by his example of just true innocent belief and a pureness in his faith in God. God used him to do the most awesome deeds for His people who were just entrenched in their chosen
" religion " and were not in relationship not with God and his Son but were in a relationship with a pew.. it was So awesome to watch God do that for someone. it is truly a blast to watch God give someone their true hearts desire.
so for me I have no doubt that angels and the Lord were reading to that baby and giving him sounds and wisdom exactly like the baby said.
because I saw him fix what was broke in an old drunk..

You know, I believe it. Something similar happened to me. When I first came to Him, I realized how much I needed to learn and I was so HUNGRY that I spent 16 hours a day in study, fell asleep on the Word all the time, skipped meals because I didn't want to lose where He had me trailing Him on topics, and in exasperation and desperation and a desire to speed up the process, I said one night, "LORD, I just wish you could pour it all into me while I'm asleep!" Later that night, I stirred just enough to realize that I was hearing a man's voice and scriptures. The same thing happened the next night, and I was a newbie so a little scared so I prayed and rebuked anything not of Him, and the 3rd night I heard it, I was like "Thank you Lord", and rolled over and went back to sleep. And like the man you shared about, He raised me up FAST, too. No doubt this contributed greatly to the process, lol....

He will answer any sincere prayer with a pure motive; of this I am convinced. Peace

Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A Kingdom perspective for forty-bucks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You ever buy a book? Peace
Depends on the curriculum.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I didn't even watch a min of it, but enough to see a Wicca tattoo, and then I only assumed that they think some curse came from a Wiccan tattoo.

Does this mean that if a person is involved with the worship system of another God, that it is a bad thing? It looked to me like they did an entire show off of this person in what appeared to be a desperate attempt to somehow prove there is a God or that God had answered somebody's prayer to insinuate that somebody has the gifts of the Holy spirit, that somebody can pray for a healing and look,'' GOD HEALED THEM.''

I don't buy it at all.

The first people who received the power and gifts of the Holy spirit didn't have to put on a big show, they walked into village after village and everyone in each village was healed with great miraculous power and there was no doubt where one might say,'' Well, it must have not been the will of God, it must have been their time.''

If Sid Roth or any of his followers had the same Holy spirit which was given on Shavuot, the man would have no need to put on a big show. Let all the blind and deaf be gathered so he can heal all the time and there wouldn't have to be a show at all.

The Holy spirit which fell on Shavuot is very particular and it's design and prophesies contained in the promises for the spring rain and the fall rain is explained. There are two comings of the rain, two promises because of the fact that it is not a continuous rain. Rain falls in the spring and then it stops raining and because it is already designed to go away, and we are told that it would pass away, there was therefore a need for the promise of a second rain.

The fact that nobody can lay hands on anyone to get a healing proves that the rain has indeed ended, and why would the rain of Shavuot have ended?

The spirit was shared from hand to hand, from one person to the next, it didn't just come on a person who believed, it fell on those people who counted the omer right up unto the promise and these people were sternly warned to stay in the tradition of Shavuot, to stay in prayer and to keep counting the omer and if they would have not done this, they would not have received the promise. They received a warning that they had to be prepared just as Jesus has promised us a warning before the coming of the second rain in the fall.

Why did the rain end?

It ended because everyone who had the spirit of Shavuot was sought out and persecuted until there was nobody who even believed in keeping Shavuot. The great majority who claim a Holy spirit of Shavuot are actually people who don't believe you should keep this Jewish feast, and I would ask somebody why they think that they would have a great reward and gift that comes to people who keep and love the feasts of Jesus.

Had Sid Roth the spirit, it would not be a long show about them trying to desperately prove a supposed healing miracle, it would be a show where the blind come and receive sight.

The spring is long past but the fall has come and we are to pray for the greatest promise and reward ever offered to mankind. We are promised a second rain BECAUSE the first rain is no longer, and this isn't an opinion the way I see it, it is design.

If a single person on this Earth had the Holy Spirit which fell as rain on Shavuot, there would not be one single Atheist in this forum.

NOT ONE.

If a person believes that he has the great Holy spirit of Shavuot, then he has no need to pray for the second rain does he?

If he thinks he has the overwhelming power of the Holy spirit, he will not seek the reward of the second spirit and this is very unfortunate because he would have not prepared for the promised rain of the fall, and the rain which is promised in the fall is DOUBLE.

It is not a rain, it is a promised flood which is so powerful the person who receives it will actually glow and shine.

But the person who thinks they already have the spirit is not aware of the coming of the second rain and he doesn't know just how important it is to pray for the fall rain so that the rain will fall on his seed, so his seed will die and bear fruit.

Why pray for the rain of the fall when one already thinks he has the rain of the spring?

The rain of the fall is not like the rain of the spring, the promised rain of holy spirit given in the spring is shared from hand to hand but this could not be true of the second rain of spirit because the second rain is all powerful, it makes a person immortal and full of power to where he has no limits.

It will not be shared because the person who has received the second rain had to spend his time and money in preparation to receive what he is asking for and so after a servant is cut in half, the kingdom of heaven will be as ten virgins. They are ten virgins because they are the legal congregation of believers in Christ. Jesus came and took two men and he made them one single servant but then the Gentiles departed from the Jew as a servant who had been cut in half.

The wise virgins betrothed to Christ who are able to walk in darkness who can find the chamber are looking at the foolish virgins who not only have no oil, they don't even have an extra vessel in which to fill it with oil, and even if they did have an extra vessel, they know not where to buy the oil lol.

Nevertheless, the foolish will see those wise virgins who had light to walk into the darkness where they find the bridal chamber and they enter in.

The foolish say,'' Give us this light that makes you glow.''

The wise say,'' No, lest there be not enough for me.''

The wise virgins had to find an extra vessel and they spent their time and money buying the oil, they are not going to share.
your loss. God used the little boy and his mom. and you don't have a clue what that is like do you? because you don't have enough patience that you even demand and is requires for us to read your pages of stuff. Bad hanni!

Hanni the old drunk healed lots of people and raised one the dead pastor who had just dropped dead at everyone feet.. .. so say whatever you want. he had faith in a physical and loving God. and God did what Bill asked of him because Bill Believe in God and His son more then he believe in anything else. and then Bill people more than anything else.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-29-2017 at 07:32 PM..

Old 03-30-2017, 02:46 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
People like you love believing lies about the JW,s.
JW,s do not teach works gets one saved. Works builds a strong living faith--without the works, ones faith is worthless---James= Faith without works is dead
So then by doing works it assures ones faith is built up to stand against troubled times. Faith is what gets one saved. Works builds that faith. So they go hand in hand.

Gods chosen scholars of the day( Pharisees and saduccees) were saying the same basic mislead thinking against Jesus and the apostles-- they said--they cannot possibly be teachers, they did not attend our schools of men---- see like your mislead thinking-- the real teachers of Jesus' get HOLY Spirit--they do not need the schools of men. There is much error taught in the schools of men, just like in Jesus day. errors that had the whole nation of Israel standing in opposition to their own Messiah. Few followed him.
Few?...That's untrue...

Old 03-30-2017, 05:31 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
your loss. God used the little boy and his mom. and you don't have a clue what that is like do you? because you don't have enough patience that you even demand and is requires for us to read your pages of stuff. Bad hanni!

Hanni the old drunk healed lots of people and raised one the dead pastor who had just dropped dead at everyone feet.. .. so say whatever you want. he had faith in a physical and loving God. and God did what Bill asked of him because Bill Believe in God and His son more then he believe in anything else. and then Bill people more than anything else.
Don't misunderstand me, before Jesus came, God worked in the lives of humans and it wasn't like miracles didn't happen. I believe in miracles, I believe God works in people's lives.

I do not believe ANYONE when they claim to have the Holy spirit that was given on Shavuot because I am well aware that they don't, even if a million claim to have the spirit of Pentecost, I am still going to point out the fact that they do not have the spirit of Pentecost, they do not have the power given to those first disciples when the first rain fell.

Everyone who had that spirit was killed and it was deemed unrighteous to continue in the feasts of Jesus and so why would I think you had the spirit of Shavuot when I know the rain has ended as it was designed to end, and so I pray for the promise of the second rain.

Everyone and their mother can claim to have the spirit of Shavuot but none have any of the gifts even if you could literally prove a miracle, it was absolutely not accomplished through ANYONE claiming to have the Holy spirit. Miracles still happen, but if one is to justify a miracle because they prayed, then by God let them claim the million of prayers that went unanswered when Jesus said that if you had the spirit, you could ask anything and expect it to be given to you.

Although I believe in miracles, I don't have to guess whether somebody has the spirit of Shavuot or not, I know they don't have it, and I know that all those promises concerning the spirit was speaking to those who actually received the spirit but today people will quote,'' I will never leave you, or, ask anything of me and it will be granted,'' when these scriptures have nothing to do with them because they never had the spirit to even think about losing it. They never had the power to ask what they would to expect what they asked.

The New Testament was written to converts of Judaism and the spirit of rain fell on people JUST BECAUSE they stayed in the upper room counting the omer right up until the promise was given and people today will inform you not to even count the omer.

They will inform you that Shavuot is a Jewish Holy day and so what have you to do with Shavuot?

All the while claiming to have a spiritual gift from a Jewish Holy day that is rejected by the majority who claim to have a spirit that they do not have and there is no use in arguing cause they have absolutely no reason whatsoever to claim what they do not even believe in{Shavuot}, especially when there are a billion people claiming to have a powerful spirit without any of the powerful gifts of the spirit.

None of them can lay hands on a single child dying from cancer and offer them any hope.

Lord knows that If I thought I had the spirit, I would be downtown Houston at the children's cancer unit saving children, and if I could not save one, I would ask God why he isn't fulfilling my request being that I am filled with such a powerful spirit that I could raise the dead.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 03-30-2017 at 06:04 PM..

Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Don't misunderstand me, before Jesus came, God worked in the lives of humans and it wasn't like miracles didn't happen. I believe in miracles, I believe God works in people's lives.

I do not believe ANYONE when they claim to have the Holy spirit that was given on Shavuot because I am well aware that they don't, even if a million claim to have the spirit of Pentecost, I am still going to point out the fact that they do not have the spirit of Pentecost, they do not have the power given to those first disciples when the first rain fell.

Everyone who had that spirit was killed and it was deemed unrighteous to continue in the feasts of Jesus and so why would I think you had the spirit of Shavuot when I know the rain has ended as it was designed to end, and so I pray for the promise of the second rain.

Everyone and their mother can claim to have the spirit of Shavuot but none have any of the gifts even if you could literally prove a miracle, it was absolutely not accomplished through ANYONE claiming to have the Holy spirit. Miracles still happen, but if one is to justify a miracle because they prayed, then by God let them claim the million of prayers that went unanswered when Jesus said that if you had the spirit, you could ask anything and expect it to be given to you.

Although I believe in miracles, I don't have to guess whether somebody has the spirit of Shavuot or not, I know they don't have it, and I know that all those promises concerning the spirit was speaking to those who actually received the spirit but today people will quote,'' I will never leave you, or, ask anything of me and it will be granted,'' when these scriptures have nothing to do with them because they never had the spirit to even think about losing it. They never had the power to ask what they would to expect what they asked.

The New Testament was written to converts of Judaism and the spirit of rain fell on people JUST BECAUSE they stayed in the upper room counting the omer right up until the promise was given and people today will inform you not to even count the omer.

They will inform you that Shavuot is a Jewish Holy day and so what have you to do with Shavuot?

All the while claiming to have a spiritual gift from a Jewish Holy day that is rejected by the majority who claim to have a spirit that they do not have and there is no use in arguing cause they have absolutely no reason whatsoever to claim what they do not even believe in{Shavuot}, especially when there are a billion people claiming to have a powerful spirit without any of the powerful gifts of the spirit.

None of them can lay hands on a single child dying from cancer and offer them any hope.

Lord knows that If I thought I had the spirit, I would be downtown Houston at the children's cancer unit saving children, and if I could not save one, I would ask God why he isn't fulfilling my request being that I am filled with such a powerful spirit that I could raise the dead.
Bill did that. to bad we don't know more Bills. Bill healed lots of people. delivered lots of people... But Bill Died of an awful cancer in his body . I suspect he did have the pentecost fire and he carried the cross God had for him. the Burdens of SHARING in the body of christ' s sufferings . but who of us loves so much as to carry the sins and sickness of his people... yet don't we all talk about Love like we understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity