U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 01:38 PM

4,564 posts, read 2,264,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Then you should believe what Jesus said about himself--that he's God.
I read Jesus' answer in reply at John 10:36 where Jesus states he is the Son of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 01:39 PM

5,285 posts, read 1,324,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Thanks for the reply. also I will answer your question. but first my question which you didn't answer correctly.
U said "Jesus sent the comforter". good, now hear this, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".
so did the Father, or the Son sent the comforter. I'll be looking for your answer.
Yes--actually, I misstated. THe Father sends the Spirit in Jesus' name. The ESV, a better translation than the KJV says it "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, che will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

Notice the pronoun "he".
Quote:
now your answer to "Who appeared to Abraham in Genesis 17". simple answer an angel. but let me explain before you jump the gun. an appearance is not the same as a manifestation. let's make it easy for you to understand, 1st person vs second person or third. notice, God appeared in a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night was he the cloud or the fire? NO. the burning bush, was it God the Burning bush, NO, but was it God speaking? supportive scripture, Exodus 3:2 "And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed". Understand now. the ANGEL OF THE LORD APPEARED. I suggest you understand what an appearance vs a manifestation is.
Nope. God appeared to Abraham. He ate with Abraham. He walked with Abraham. It wasn't appearing as fire. He took human form.

Now who was it?

Old 01-11-2018, 01:41 PM

3,561 posts, read 1,403,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Arm as in like--The long arm of the law??
Smile.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:42 PM

5,285 posts, read 1,324,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I read Jesus' answer in reply at John 10:36 where Jesus states he is the Son of God.
Nowhere did he say that he was a created being.

In fact, in Revelation 1 he says that he is God, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. In Revelation 5 he's worshiped in Heaven. Weird how God allows him to be worshiped.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
We've answered that. Jesus sent the Comforter. As promised. The Comforter has a will, can be lied to, etc.
Now...answer my question: Who appeared to Abraham in Genesis 17?
At the KJV Genesis 17, I read God Almighty is the LORD ( in all upper-case letters ) appearing to Abraham.
Since the Tetragrammaton stands where KJV puts the word LORD in all CAPITAL letters then it is LORD God (YHWH).

The comforter of John 14:26 is the same as the one found at Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25 and that comforter is neuter as the word 'it'. God and Jesus are always in the masculine gender whereas God's spirit (Psalms 104:30) is also in the neuter. Just as we call a car or a ship as a 'she' even though they always are neuters.
Where is the comforter for Job found at Job 27:3 _______________

Old 01-11-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Yes--actually, I misstated. THe Father sends the Spirit in Jesus' name. The ESV, a better translation than the KJV says it "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, che will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

Notice the pronoun "he".

Nope. God appeared to Abraham. He ate with Abraham. He walked with Abraham. It wasn't appearing as fire. He took human form.

Now who was it?
thanks for the response. second, if the Father sent the Holy Spirit in Donald Duck name, that's not important right now. the question is, "who sent whom, in this case it's the comforter. now examine these scriptures slowly.
#1. John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

#1a. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever".

the Father is Giving and sending the Holy Spirit. now these

#2. John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

#2a. Luke 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

now BaptistFundie listen closely, was it the Father who sent the comforter, or the Son? examine those scriptures.

again can the Lord Jesus LIE?, no. so either the Lord Jesus is the Father, or the Lord Jesus lied, God forbid. your answer.

PCY

Old 01-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Nowhere did he say that he was a created being.
In fact, in Revelation 1 he says that he is God, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. In Revelation 5 he's worshiped in Heaven. Weird how God allows him to be worshiped.
I find at Revelation 1:5 is about Jesus, and so is Revelation 3:14 B.
Jesus gave the Revelation to John, and at Revelation 3:14 John wrote that Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God.
Psalms 90:2 informs us that God had No beginning, so Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
God's servant Paul thinks of Jesus as ' first born ' Not first born on Earth but heavenly at Colosssians 1:15.
John who penned Revelation also wrote John 4:23-24 where Jesus instructs as to who we should worship.

The resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to Revelation 3:12.
How many thrones are mentioned at Revelation 3:21 _________________

Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
At the KJV Genesis 17, I read God Almighty is the LORD ( in all upper-case letters ) appearing to Abraham.
Since the Tetragrammaton stands where KJV puts the word LORD in all CAPITAL letters then it is LORD God (YHWH).

The comforter of John 14:26 is the same as the one found at Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25 and that comforter is neuter as the word 'it'. God and Jesus are always in the masculine gender whereas God's spirit (Psalms 104:30) is also in the neuter. Just as we call a car or a ship as a 'she' even though they always are neuters.
Where is the comforter for Job found at Job 27:3 _______________
this is Good. I agree, but check this out. is not the Lord Jesus the Mediator, which is the advocate? supportive scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous". and advocate is the Comforter.

COMFORTER/ADVOCATE:G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822

Examine definition #3.

PCY

Old 01-11-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
this is Good. I agree, but check this out. is not the Lord Jesus the Mediator, which is the advocate? supportive scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous". and advocate is the Comforter.
What servant Paul wrote also agrees with the ^ above ^ because at 1 Timothy 2:5 Jesus is the 'mediator' ( intercessor ) between God and man.
I find Jesus to be the obedient ' one ' mentioned at Romans 5:19.
Seems to me that Mark at Mark 10:45 also agrees that Jesus ( Son of man ) came to give his life as a ransom.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I find at Revelation 1:5 is about Jesus, and so is Revelation 3:14 B.
Jesus gave the Revelation to John, and at Revelation 3:14 John wrote that Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God.
Psalms 90:2 informs us that God had No beginning, so Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
God's servant Paul thinks of Jesus as ' first born ' Not first born on Earth but heavenly at Colosssians 1:15.
John who penned Revelation also wrote John 4:23-24 where Jesus instructs as to who we should worship.

The resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to Revelation 3:12.
How many thrones are mentioned at Revelation 3:21 _________________
First thanks for the response. second, Jesus is not the beginning of the creation by God. listen, Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist". also understand no one created by or through no one else. supportive scripture, A. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

B. Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein".

notice all the "he's"

single designation, that's the Lord JESUS.

PCY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity