U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 02:17 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,407,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What servant Paul wrote also agrees with the ^ above ^ because at 1 Timothy 2:5 Jesus is the 'mediator' ( intercessor ) between God and man.
I find Jesus to be the obedient ' one ' mentioned at Romans 5:19.
Seems to me that Mark at Mark 10:45 also agrees that Jesus ( Son of man ) came to give his life as a ransom.
Thanks for the response. in Flesh he's the mediator, (as a man, hence Son of God). but in Spirit he's the Comforter, the Advocate, (as Spirit, hence Son of Man).

be blessed. and thanks for the response.

PCY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 02:43 PM

Let me make a statement here. I believe in ONE GOD and ONE GOD "ONLY". and this ONE GOD is ONE PERSON.
Joel 2:28 & 29 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit”.

Here, it’s the LORD all caps who will pour out “HIS” spirit. Notice how spirit is spelled. Lower case “s” in spirit. (now there’s a revelation here), but this is not the point I want to bring out now. Notice the word POUR, as in pour out. forward to the NT. Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel”. the OUT POURING of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost right. Notice this scripture, Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear”.
Hold it, “SHED” forth. What do the word “shed” means?
SHED: G1632 ἐκχέω ekcheo (ek-che'-ō) v.
ἐκχύνω ekchuno (ek-chï '-nō) [by variation]
1. to pour forth.
2. (figuratively) to bestow.
[from G1537 and cheo “to pour”]
KJV: gush (pour) out, run greedily (out), shed (abroad, forth), spill
Root(s): G1537

There one have it. The out pouring of the Holy Spirit is from the Father who is Jesus. Yes, in his Glorified state, listen. John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was”. before the world was, and with him? yes. This is the beauty and the revelation of Diversity, Oneness. The ONE TRUE GOD is the plurality of himself in flesh to come. So in the OT it’s only him, the Lord JESUS/Spirit but to come. hence the “WE” and “OUR” as spoken in Genesis 1:26. and this was fulfilled in Romans 5:14b "who is the figure of him that was to come”. amen.

in Spirit he''s the Father the Comforter. in Flesh he's the Son redeemer and mediator.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:49 PM

10,506 posts, read 4,144,439 times
it never was a mystery to me.

To my friends I grew up with I am me.
to my mom I am her son
To my kids I am dad.

all the same and all totally different.

so that three gods things describes us all accurately, so its useful.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:00 PM

4,066 posts, read 1,456,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

to my mom I am her son
To my kids I am dad.

Strange how Jesus and Paul teach only the Father is God.( John 17:1-6,26--1Corin 8:6)--- error filled trinity translating has those translations teaching 2 different Gods--The single being God is correct--Fact of Israelite God worship history. 0 doubt they served the true living God--YHWH(Jehovah)
Jesus warned you all you wouldn't know him( John 15:20-21) The Father-YHWH(Jehovah)
At John 17:3 Jesus is clear---To get eternal life( in Gods kingdom) one must know the one who sent him( Father-John 5:30) as the ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus. John 17:6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26 - YHWH(Jehovah)
There is no trinity in existence.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

to my mom I am her son
To my kids I am dad.

First thanks for the response. please don't take what I'm about to say the wrong, or in any offense manner, ok.
but that description you just gave is the root of the problem. listen, again take no offense ok. take the sons's head and cut it off from his body and sow it next to the father's head, say on the right. then take the mother's head and cut it off her body and sow it on the, let's say the left side of the father's head. see the kind of picture one will get. one body but three person as heads.

it want work.

PCY

Old 01-11-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Strange how Jesus and Paul teach only the Father is God.( John 17:1-6,26--1Corin 8:6)--- error filled trinity translating has those translations teaching 2 different Gods--The single being God is correct--Fact of Israelite God worship history. 0 doubt they served the true living God--YHWH(Jehovah)
Jesus warned you all you wouldn't know him( John 15:20-21) The Father-YHWH(Jehovah)
At John 17:3 Jesus is clear---To get eternal life( in Gods kingdom) one must know the one who sent him( Father-John 5:30) as the ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus. John 17:6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26 - YHWH(Jehovah)
thanks for your reply. I must disagree with your assessment that the apostle Paul only teached that the Father is God.
example, Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". well the only one who is appearing is the Lord Jesus, who is the GREAT GOD.

but what about this one, 1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen".

Now, if the Lord JESUS is the only one who have immortality, where do that leave the one call Father and the Holy Spirit?. because immortality means, the ability to live forever; eternal life. now if the Lord Jesus is the only with it, you know my question, again, "where do that leave the one's called Father and Holy Spirit.
was Paul misquoted, or was it a slip of the pen or what. and there are many, many more verse like this.

Matthew 24:30 & 31 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory 31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other".

Here the Scripture says "HIS" meaning the Lord Jesus "Elect". now this, Colossians 3:12 "Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering". ELECT of GOD? so the term "GOD" here, is it the Father ONLY, as some claim, as in John 17:3, or is the term God used at most people convenience for their own beliefs? again, only the Father in John 17:3. if one is Going to used the term "God" in one way, then used it for another way, this is called having a, or being doubled minded.

PCY.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:09 PM

20,301 posts, read 15,654,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
No they don't. Paul clearly states in Philippians 3:5-8 that Jesus existed in the form of God and became man. And there several recorded instances in the New Testament where Jesus claims to be God.

By the way, there was within Judaism a belief among some Jews up until the second century AD when it was declared a heresy, of a 'two powers in heavens' theology based upon some of the scriptures in the Hebrew Bible such as Genesis 19:24 which speaks of YHVH raining down brimstone and fire from YHVH out of heaven.
Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD (YHVH) rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD (YHVH) out of heaven,
While the Hebrew Bible, the Old Testament, doesn't provide a clear Trinitarian picture, it does paint a binitarian (two powers in heaven) picture. Genesis 19:24 is just one such verse.

Here. listen to Old Testament scholar Michael Heiser as he talks about the two powers in heaven belief that existed in Judaism. I suspect however that you won't since you're not allowed to question what your JW teachers have taught you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sMQa78fY3Y

Old 01-11-2018, 05:16 PM

Mike555, "Paul clearly states in Philippians 3:5-8 that Jesus existed in the form of God and became man. And there several recorded instances in the New Testament where Jesus claims to be God".

I think you mean Philippians 2:6-8. thanks, this is the heart of the matter. now in Philippians 2:6 is states, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".
the word "FORM" here is the Key to understanding the Godhead.
Form: G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

Look up the root G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n. and one will solve the mystery of the Godhead.

PCY

Old 01-11-2018, 05:54 PM

20,301 posts, read 15,654,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Mike555, "Paul clearly states in Philippians 3:5-8 that Jesus existed in the form of God and became man. And there several recorded instances in the New Testament where Jesus claims to be God".

I think you mean Philippians 2:6-8. thanks, this is the heart of the matter. now in Philippians 2:6 is states, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".
the word "FORM" here is the Key to understanding the Godhead.
Form: G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

Look up the root G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n. and one will solve the mystery of the Godhead.

PCY
Well, 2 is right next to 3 so. . .

I don't hold to your views and neither does mainstream Christianity.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Well, 2 is right next to 3 so. . .

I don't hold to your views and neither does mainstream Christianity.
Thanks for your reply. and second, nor is the views I hold are yours. but we're here to discuss, not to argue. I have view video’s like the one you posted. had to quit watching, because he was going further in the rabbit hole with no light at the end. This is one of the worst explanation I have view. Even masonic Jews with Compound unity is closer to the truth that this person. Oh well… leave that alone.

But to the facts of two or three. two is correct as ONE, or as the bible say, the “OFFSPRING” of the Spirit. Which is not biological. The two is what the Greeks calls ANOTHER, or G243 allos. How easy can it get. Father and son are just that, “.TITLES”. sorry you didn’t look up the definition of “form” in Philippians 2:6. the proverb is true, "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him” Proverbs 18:13.

Now to the NAME of God.
I must disagree with the assessment of the Tetragrammaton as God Personal name as to “WHO” he is. Jehovah, AKA Yahweh is not God Personal name. lets see how they derived those names from the tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, (as they say), which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH".

Now, the book of Enoch, which the person in the video used. Well that book have been debunked.

The Case Against the Book of Enoch - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXeDYIYf8Q

PCY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity