U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 02:48 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
to all, if you don't mind, let's stay on the topic only. leave the Roman catholic church, the JW or an scholar out of this discussion, and let's just stick with the scriptures only. let's keep the conversation civil, please.

Thanks in advance.
This isn't your thread 101c, and the topic of the Trinity allows for references to the Roman Catholic church, and the views of scholars.

Last edited by Mike555; 01-12-2018 at 02:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 03:15 PM

3,561 posts, read 1,406,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This isn't your thread 101c, and the topic of the Trinity allows for references to the Roman Catholic church, and the views of scholars.
I din't say it was.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:28 PM

First and Last, same person.

My belief on how one person can be numerically different (first and last) and be only one person is by the simple action call “sharing”. Phil 2:6 bring this out perfectly. "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God”, Philippians 2:6. the key word here is “FORM”. but the revelation lay in it’s root, the Greek word, G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1.a portion
2.The 2005 edition render it as 1. division 2. Share.

There are our words, “portion”. and “Share”. portion is synonyms with share.
Share is our word. the EQUAL SHARE is the another G 243 allos of oneself. God is Spirit. So God shares himself equally in flesh. Hence the Father/Spirit without flesh, (FIRST), and the Son/Spirit with flesh, (LAST). as in the "Last" ADAM. the Same person, just numerically different in another form.

PCY.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:31 PM

5,287 posts, read 1,329,404 times
Quote:
First and Last, same person.

My belief on how one person can be numerically different (first and last) and be only one person is by the simple action call “sharing”. Phil 2:6 bring this out perfectly. "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God”, Philippians 2:6. the key word here is “FORM”. but the revelation lay in it’s root, the Greek word, G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1.a portion
2.The 2005 edition render it as 1. division 2. Share.

There are our words, “portion”. and “Share”. portion is synonyms with share.
Share is our word. the EQUAL SHARE is the another G@$# allos of oneself. God is Spirit. So God shares himself equally in flesh. Hence the Father/Spirit without flesh, (FIRST), and the Son/Spirit with flesh, (LAST). as in the "Last" ADAM. the Same person, just numerically different in another form.

PCY.
Wait...you think "First" and "last" are terms of quantity?

Old 01-12-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wait...you think "First" and "last" are terms of quantity?
Thanks for the reply, this is a GREAT insight. First and last is a term of numerically difference, but not in "quality", but in numbers only.

I like that, good insight BaptistFundie. you're correct, quantity in numbers. this is exactly what G243 allos states. numerically in number diffrence but of the SAME "SORT" meaning the Same Nature.

excellent insight.

PCY

Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM

to BaptistFundie. let's see this Numerically difference in Numbers in the OT. Daniel 7:13 & 14 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed".

Notice BaptistFundie, Son of man is spirit, in a body. the Ancient of days is Spirit without a body. the Spirit is subjective, or abstract. the Son of man in a body is objective, or concrete. that's why he's the "ARM" of the Spirit/God in flesh. which is backed up by scripture.

PCY.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:26 PM

21,272 posts, read 20,878,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It has been explained in detail earlier in this thread about how the Trinity came to be defined by the apostles 200 years before that council.
Actually, it hasn't. But you did make one post that I actually agreed with quite closely. I was afraid to comment on it for fear it would prompt a negative response from you. I wasn't in the mood for an argument, so I just let it go. That particular post made me realize that our beliefs are more similar than you might think. Still, if it's so clear that the Apostles believed in the "Trinity" as defined in 325 A.D., it's odd that you only has only been "an essential of the faith" for 1800 years. Who 1800 years ago would have been in a better position to define something as an "essential of the faith" than those who walked and talked with Jesus Christ himself?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, it hasn't. But you did make one post that I actually agreed with quite closely. I was afraid to comment on it for fear it would prompt a negative response from you. I wasn't in the mood for an argument, so I just let it go. That particular post made me realize that our beliefs are more similar than you might think.
Katzpur, that's a good assessment. instead of the devil trying to divide us with differences. let the Spirit bring up together in truth by assessing our similarities. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good".

and two Katzpur,l speak your mind, you just might hold the one thing can we all can agree on.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM

26,259 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Quote:
to BaptistFundie. let's see this Numerically difference in Numbers in the OT. Daniel 7:13 & 14 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed".

Notice BaptistFundie, Son of man is spirit, in a body. the Ancient of days is Spirit without a body. the Spirit is subjective, or abstract. the Son of man in a body is objective, or concrete. that's why he's the "ARM" of the Spirit/God in flesh. which is backed up by scripture.

PCY.
Daniel - Chapter 7

13 I saw in the visions of the night, and behold with the clouds of the heaven, one like a man was coming, and he came up to the Ancient of Days and was brought before Him.

Rashi:

one like a man was coming: That is the King Messiah.

and… up to the Ancient of Days: Who was sitting in judgment and judging the nations.

came: arrived, reached.

14 And He gave him dominion and glory and a kingdom, and all peoples, nations, and tongues shall serve him; his dominion is an eternal dominion, which will not be removed, and his kingdom is one which will not be destroyed.

Rashi:

And He gave him dominion: And to that man He gave dominion over the nations, for the heathens he likens to beasts, and Israel he likens to a man because they are humble and innocent.

which will not be removed: [as translated,] will not be removed.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Daniel - Chapter 7

13 I saw in the visions of the night, and behold with the clouds of the heaven, one like a man was coming, and he came up to the Ancient of Days and was brought before Him.

Rashi:

one like a man was coming: That is the King Messiah.

and… up to the Ancient of Days: Who was sitting in judgment and judging the nations.

came: arrived, reached.

14 And He gave him dominion and glory and a kingdom, and all peoples, nations, and tongues shall serve him; his dominion is an eternal dominion, which will not be removed, and his kingdom is one which will not be destroyed.

Rashi:

And He gave him dominion: And to that man He gave dominion over the nations, for the heathens he likens to beasts, and Israel he likens to a man because they are humble and innocent.

which will not be removed: [as translated,] will not be removed.
first, thanks for your response. this is true. second, you just hit all the points of Isaiah 9:6 of this man, this Son. also notice that the man is the resurrected Christ. or may we say the "NEW MAN" which is to come, or the as Revelation says, "him which is, and which was, and which is to come".this is the LAST ADAM, the new Creation. remember this is no NATURAL MAN, but a Glorified man above all heavens, GOD almighty himself, his IMAGE.

Great insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity