U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2017, 06:47 PM
 
37,477 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Reputation: 5852

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
This is but one of many example of how Christians are divided over doctrine. You say a person's eternal destiny hinges on what he/she believes about the trinity. I'm so glad God is better than that. You make it sound as if God is interested in what grade we can make on a theological test rather than him loving us because we are his children made in his image. This is why I avoid organized religion. It's full of too much B.S. like this. Our eternal destiny hinges on God's grace, mercy and goodness. And you are so right that MANY do come IN HIS NAME claiming to be THE WAY, and I do not give heed to their voices because I follow the Lamb and listen for his voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2017, 09:36 PM
 
125 posts, read 53,821 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
This is but one of many example of how Christians are divided over doctrine. You say a person's eternal destiny hinges on what he/she believes about the trinity.
Yes there is a division or two but I didn't actually say that eternal destiny hinges on what one believes about the Trinity exactly...
Quote:
You make it sound as if God is interested in what grade we can make on a theological test rather than him loving us because we are his children made in his image.
Not sure that is true either except for Jesus words about being born again by belief in him.
Quote:
This is why I avoid organized religion. It's full of too much B.S. like this. Our eternal destiny hinges on God's grace, mercy and goodness. And you are so right that MANY do come IN HIS NAME claiming to be THE WAY, and I do not give heed to their voices because I follow the Lamb and listen for his voice.
I understand how you can come to that conclusion and good for you for hearing the voice of the good Shepherd. A lot of weird stuff in Churches for sure just look at how messed up they were in the first century, even the first twelve as it were. But then again a lot of good in amongst the tares sown in the Church as well. Some do care about reconciling the verses mentioned and others are content to believe the Son of God died for their sins and follow him. One gets nutrition from the food they eat without having the intellectual prowess to comprehend how saliva soaked masticated biomaterial feeds the cells which I cannot see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2017, 01:38 PM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I just wonder why people get so worked up about the trinity doctrine. Does it matter if God is a trinity or not a trinity? Or is it just one of those non-essential things that people love to argue about. Does someone have to be in the trinity or non-trinity camp to know God? The book of Revelation says there are seven spirits of God. Do people get upset about that?



It matters a great deal
Those serving the true God--get entrance into his kingdom and gain eternal life--Those serving a non existent trinity god--are being duped into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily and being lead so as not to gain entrance into Gods kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2017, 09:44 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,808,279 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I just wonder why people get so worked up about the trinity doctrine. Does it matter if God is a trinity or not a trinity? Or is it just one of those non-essential things that people love to argue about. Does someone have to be in the trinity or non-trinity camp to know God? The book of Revelation says there are seven spirits of God. Do people get upset about that?
Yes it does for that is who God is and there is only one true God ... and the Triune God is the only God that promises eternal life to those who believe and sends those who chooses to rejects him to their just eternal condemnation \ damnation for unbelief.

Last edited by twin.spin; 03-11-2017 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 PM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes it does for that is who God is and there is only one true God ... and the Triune God is the only God that promises eternal life to those who believe and sends those who chooses to rejects him to their just eternal condemnation \ damnation for unbelief.



You need to face facts--- From Moses on up until today, every Israelite who served the true living God-YHWH(Jehovah) -- was taught, served and worshipped a single being God. For 30 years when Jesus attended the synagogues and temples-- was taught, served and worshipped a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah)
Then Catholicism had councils because they did not know truth--no trinity was taught at the first council of Nicea-325) it was added later at another council.= 100% undeniable FACTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2017, 07:43 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You need to face facts--- From Moses on up until today, every Israelite who served the true living God-YHWH(Jehovah) -- was taught, served and worshipped a single being God. For 30 years when Jesus attended the synagogues and temples-- was taught, served and worshipped a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah)
Then Catholicism had councils because they did not know truth--no trinity was taught at the first council of Nicea-325) it was added later at another council.= 100% undeniable FACTS.
Trinity

The council of Nicaea dealt primarily with the issue of the deity of Christ. Over a century earlier the term "Trinity" (Τριάς in Greek; trinitas in Latin) was used in the writings of Origen (185254) and Tertullian (160220), and a general notion of a "divine three", in some sense, was expressed in the second century writings of Polycarp, Ignatius, and Justin Martyr. In Nicaea, questions regarding the Holy Spirit were left largely unaddressed until after the relationship between the Father and the Son was settled around the year 362. So the doctrine in a more full-fledged form was not formulated until the Council of Constantinople in 360 AD,[78] and a final form formulated in 381 AD, primarily crafted by Gregory of Nyssa. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...Nicaea#Trinity


According to surviving accounts, the presbyter Arius argued for the supremacy of God the Father, and maintained that the Son of God was created as an act of the Father's will, and therefore that the Son was a creature made by God, begotten directly of the infinite, eternal God. Arius's argument was that the Son was God's very first production, before all ages. The position being that the Son had a beginning, and that only the Father has no beginning. And Arius argued that everything else was created through the Son. Thus, said the Arians, only the Son was directly created and begotten of God; and therefore there was a time that He had no existence. Arius believed that the Son of God was capable of His own free will of right and wrong, and that "were He in the truest sense a son, He must have come after the Father, therefore the time obviously was when He was not, and hence He was a finite being",[40] and that He was under God the Father. Therefore, Arius insisted that the Father's divinity was greater than the Son's. The Arians appealed to Scripture, quoting biblical statements such as "the Father is greater than I", and also that the Son is "firstborn of all creation". - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...s_for_Arianism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
2,569 posts, read 725,377 times
Reputation: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
It matters a great deal
Those serving the true God--get entrance into his kingdom and gain eternal life--Those serving a non existent trinity god--are being duped into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily and being lead so as not to gain entrance into Gods kingdom.
So then I may rightfully infer that you believe only the non-trinitarian sects of Christianity are "saved". I don't know if there are other non-trinitarians besides JW's -- I think there are a couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2017, 10:21 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
So then I may rightfully infer that you believe only the non-trinitarian sects of Christianity are "saved". I don't know if there are other non-trinitarians besides JW's -- I think there are a couple.
Christian groups with nontrinitarian positions



American Unitarian Conference
Arianism
Assemblies of Yahweh
Bible Students
Christadelphians
Church of Christ, Scientist (Christian Scientists)
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)
Church of the Blessed Hope (sometimes called "Church of God of the Abrahamic Faith")
Doukhobors
Friends of Man
Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ)
Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ
Jehovah's Witnesses
Members Church of God International
Molokan
Monarchianism
Muggletonianism
New Church
Many members of the Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland
Oneness Pentecostals
Polish Brethren
Some Quakers
Samaritan Christians
Shakers
Socinianism
Swedenborgianism
The Way International
Two by Twos (sometimes called The Truth or Cooneyites)
Unification Church
Unitarian Christians
Unitarian Universalism
United Church of God
Yahweh's Assembly in Messiah
Yahweh's Assembly in Yahshua
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2017, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,260 posts, read 20,859,174 times
Reputation: 9943
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
So then I may rightfully infer that you believe only the non-trinitarian sects of Christianity are "saved". I don't know if there are other non-trinitarians besides JW's -- I think there are a couple.
Mormonism for sure and apparently a lot of others, according to Richard's post. On this forum, I know there are many non-trinitarian Christians who are probably not affiliated with any specific denomination. I suspect that, for at least some of them, the idea of an incomprehensible Trinity was what ultimately pushed them to leave a mainstream trinitarian denomination in the first place. It's possible that they don't even know that there actually are a number of Christian denominations out there that do not accept the God of the early Christian Creeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2017, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,251 posts, read 4,228,306 times
Reputation: 1298
A person is body, soul, and spirit and in 1 John 5, this is called the water, the blood and the spirit.


This is a garden where there is 3 in the garden as body, soul, and spirit and these three produce 3 that represent body, soul, and spirit.


Then comes Noah and his 3 sons, the whole world is then divided by Noah's 3 sons.


Then comes Abraham and his two siblings.


We are shown that we are as Jacob and Esau being two nations within a womb, a 1st born of flesh and a free man by spirit but between these two minds, we have to choose.


The New Testament shows us that we are of Ishmael, and we are of Isaac that we are the slave in this body but we are also the free man within.


The New Testament shows us that we are Cain and we are Abel, this life of flesh and a free spirit to live in the next life.


We see Jacob put on the skins of an animal like he was hiding inside his brother's skin trying to obtain the inheritance.


This is a picture of one brother inside the other as it is, as it was meant to be understood, Cain was actually the keeper of his brother and he silenced and went against the desires of the spirit.




Everything show the 3 things we are whether it is the 3 main feasts or the 3 sections of the temple the feasts show. We see that there are 12 tribes at 4 corners of each direction and so there are 3 in the east, 3 in the west and so on.


Jesus had to hang between two thieves because this is a picture of what we are and the son of the left hand will not enter into heaven but the other one will.


There are sons of lawlessness within all people, fallen spirits, sons of the left hand that will have their place in the lake of fire while you will have salvation, he will be taken from you and put into a prison.




The bible is a handbook for human and spiritual anatomy.


The Temple itself is designed and patterned in human anatomy with it's 24 priests as ribs in 3 divisions of priests as there are 3 divisions of ribs and each detail of the temple concerns human anatomy, designed in human anatomy and it's evolution from a beast to a spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top