Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 02:02 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
God is a Spirit……. you agree? First person of the God head…. Creator.

Defining the word spirit in the religious context can be looked at in two ways.

1. A life-giving spirit defined- as God.
2. In the spirit of……. defined as in concert with the life-giving spirit God.

In both conditions there is only but one Spirit.
The Spirit God as a creator and sustainer. For without the latter, His creation would cease to exist save…..Himself.

As Creator-Spirit-God, the first set of parents are His offspring, in the flesh. (Living souls)

Created in “His image”, required the living souls to have intelligence. Meaning having the ability “…as one of us” to know the differences between “Good and Evil”.

Their ability to exercise judgement between good and evil separated (alienated), due to independence. Separation/alienation, in the letter of the spirit, is death.

Would His creation be not worthy of saving? Of course, it would.

Enter. The second person in the Godhead …. Savior.

The second person of the Godhead (Jesus) in the Spirit of, but not of the offspring of the first parents, therefore, untainted by the conditions of the first parents. Also, not an independent spirit but rather the Spirit of God as God. That make Jesus equal to and, as God, in the flesh.

Purpose of that? To be offered as, a fleshly body, in place of all of humanity for redemption.

Redemption from the, cause an effect, of creating a living soul in His Image.

Enter the third person in the Godhead…. Sustain-er.

Once the price of redemption was paid…. the Sustain-er Spirit worketh in all living souls to affect the renewal of a death and lost spirit in mankind. A rebirth of spirit, if you will.

In effect…. there are three, in the self-same Spirit of the Creator God in the works.

Mankind is the byproduct of all three as individuals, independent souls pre-destined to live forever.

Blessings, AJ
GINOLJC, to all. @look3467, first thanks for your responses. I will attemp to address both of your posts. #379 & Post 388.

Post #379

#1. God is a Spirit I Agree, (John 4:24a). also agree Creator…. but First and “ONLY” person.

#2. a. To me the definition of “Spirit” is the ONE God true nature. b. I agree that it’s ONLY ONE Spirit. c. Breath of God define the life giving Spirit of God.

#3. Yes, the Spirit, who is called God is the CREATOR. True, he is also the sustainer of his creation. Now your, cease to exist question. are you speaking natural only or Spiritually, or both. Because a creature can cease to exist naturally, but not spiritually.

#4. “As Creator-Spirit-God, the first set of parents are His offspring, in the flesh. (Living souls)”. I must disagree with you on this one, only NOT IN FLESH, which is his IMAGE ANOTHER, but in spirit, Correct, as with from our fall... born again, (Acts 17:28 & 29) 1. an offspring is a kin. And 2. an offspring, humanly speaking, have to be BORN. Neither Adam nor Eve was BORN, but formed. But I understand your line of thinking, ok. Now understand this God can beget offspring through the flesh, But in the first parents case no.

#5. “Created in “His image”, required the living souls to have intelligence. Meaning having the ability “…as one of us” to know the differences between “Good and Evil”. not saying this is so or not. Remember Adam was Formed on day 3 and eve on day 6. before Eve came in to existence in this NATURAL world, Adam named all the animals which shows intelligence. So the ability was present. Now, as to “KNOW” that’s a big question to answer. There are four way to KNOW something.
1. Experiential (Empirical), you know something because you’ve “experienced” it – basically through your five senses (site, hearing, touch, smell, and taste.).
2. Cognitive (Rational), you know something because you’ve thought your way through it, argued it, or rationalized it.
3. Constructed (Creational), you know something because you created it – and it may be subjective instead of objective and it may be based on convention or perception. And 4. A External Source (Educational), someone, who instruct KNOWLEDGE to you, which relates to 2.

#6. Their ability to exercise judgement between good and evil separated (alienated), due to independence. Separation/alienation, in the letter of the spirit, is death. Natural DEATH I agree, but not eternal death. Remember there are two death.

#7. Would His creation be not worthy of saving? Of course, it would. I believe that was in the plan all the time. Scripture, Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope”. please note, the creature was made “Subject” to vanity, but was not MADE vanity, only subjective to it.

#8. "Enter. The second person in the Godhead …. Savior". I must disagree, not a second person, but consider this, ANOTHER who is the SAME PERSON blew your mind? listen, the Greeks have a word for it, the G243 Allos of ONESELF. Did you really grasp what I just said?. many don’t. understand this, if there is a second person that is Saviour, then one have a conflict with the scriptures. Here’s why, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour”. this is the LORD, all caps, is this the second person you was speaking of?…. I don't think so, it’s the SAME Spirit, who is call Father, the Saviour, JESUS the christ. if people just could understand that the so called trinity mystery is no more. Remember, the Saviour is BORN….. the offspring. so, was that the Father/LORD born? .... No, listen, Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord”. remember the Father is not the Offspring, but he IS the only Saviour. see, a second person want cut it.

#8. The second person of the Godhead (Jesus) in the Spirit of, but not of the offspring of the first parents, He is the SEED, not seed(s), but the SEED of the offspring of the first parents.

#9. therefore, untainted by the conditions of the first parents. Understand the BODY/flesh and bone with blood was prepared even before Mary was born. Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me”. Hold it, When who come into the world? Answer, THE WORD, and the WORD was with God and , LISTEN CAREFULLY “THE WORD WAS GOD. That right there eliminate any second PERSON. John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God. 3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 10 "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 "He came unto his own, and his own received him not”.

#10. Also, not an independent spirit but rather the Spirit of God as God. That make Jesus equal to and, as God, in the flesh. look3467, I’m shouting right about now. that's a brilliant deduction Watson, I mean look3467. Jesus the Christ is the ANOTHER of the Spirit (SHARED, G243 Allos) in flesh. My God that’s it, you got it.

#11. Purpose of that? To be offered as, a fleshly body, in place of all of humanity for redemption. You are on a roll.

#12. Redemption from the, cause an effect, of creating a living soul in His Image. Redemption from the EFFECT, the cause is just that, a cause, but NO EFFECT NOW…

#13. Enter the third person in the Godhead…. Sustain-er. Not the Third person, the First and only person who sustain all. Understand the Christ is the EQUAL “share” of the Spirit now GLORIFIED, meaning he is the Spirit with a GLORIFIED BODY, SAME Spirit only diversified in that GLORIFICATION. It’s the same person only G243 Allosed, meaning a NUMERICAL DIFFRENCE. and that Numerical difference is the error of the understanding of the Spirit being the ECHAD of two or more. No, only the EQUAL share of ONE.

#14. Once the price of redemption was paid…. the Sustain-er Spirit worketh in all living souls to affect the renewal of a death and lost spirit in mankind. A rebirth of spirit, if you will. I’ll agree with that to a point.

#15. In effect…. there are three, in the self-same Spirit of the Creator God in the works. I must disagree. This is nothing but Modalism in reverse, sorry about that. You have one being playing three roles as PERSONS. Again, I must expose it for what it is, Modalism in reverse.

#16. “Mankind is the byproduct of all three as individuals, independent souls pre-destined to live forever”.
I guess we might be like the democrats and the republicans, some things we agree on and other ….. leave that alone. But overall a good conversation.

I’ll see about addressing your Post #388 next.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:07 PM

998 posts, read 436,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 6

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one.

"ד שְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהֹוָ֥ה*| אֶחָֽד"

Rashi's Commentary:

The Lord is our God; the Lord is one: The Lord, who is now our God and not the God of the other nations-He will be [declared] in the future “the one God,” as it is said: “For then I will convert the peoples to a pure language that all of them call in the name of the Lord” (Zeph. 3:9), and it is [also] said: “On that day will the Lord be one and His name one” (Zech. 14:9). (see Sifrei)

Notice the Name of G-d יְהֹוָ֥ה in the two places where it is translated as Lord?...
In Genesis, God is also LORD. Please note, LORD is all capital letters.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:20 PM

@look3467, addressing your post #388

#1. “Getting caught up in word definitions verses the spirit of the context can cause a problem in interpretations”. definition of word are only an AIDE to the user to help understand the word of God.

#2. “Case in point is the Trinity. The spirit context of the verses pertaining to the Godhead is being overlooked because it involves humanity wants to understand the divine in human terms verses in the spiritual”. Nothing wrong with that, scripture, Romans 1:18-20 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse”. no excuse as to not knowing.

#2. “A mountain in human terms is a mountain. In spiritual terms its an obstacle, a government, a governing body in high places”. God preserves his words. This keep jack-legs from leadership positions in churches. No one right off the street know these thing of God but by his Spirit. Parable, similes, and the like are God know, renew your mind. “let this mind be in you that is in Christ Jesus.”.

#3. “The Father in human terms is a father physically. In spiritual terms its the Father of all creation. (May or may not be acknowledged as such) If that is the case the rest is nonsense”. Well you’re RIGHT again, I agree. Father is simply a TITLE, meaning Originator. Even the devil have this title, example, John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it”. now let’s see this title father used outside of biology again and the spiritual arena. Remember father means Originator, scripture, Genesis 4:20 "And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle”. see, he was the first one to live in a tent, and to domesticate live stock . Now this other word “begot" or begotten to get a son. Listen, 1 Timothy 1:2 "Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.”. so was Paul Timothy natural, biological father? no. Timothy natural father was a Greek, (Act 16:1) now directly, 1 Corinthians 4:15 "For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel”. HOW? Through the GOSPEL. Not through a woman womb, but the gospel. See, this is just what you was speaking about. “A mountain in human terms is a mountain". In spiritual terms its an obstacle, a government, a governing body in high places”. see how we need the word of God by the Holy Ghost who teach Spiritual thing and comparing Spiritual things. amen.

#4. “The son in human terms is a son physically. Spiritually, its a duplicate of the spiritual father or the same self spirit”. I’m still shouting. Yes, a SON when used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics, or descendants, without reference to sex. those who manifest a certain character, whether evil or good. My source Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words G5207, huios, Son.

#5. “(May or may not, again, be accepted as such) If so, the whole explanation is nonsense”. CORRECT 100%

#6. “The third person (Holy Spirit) is the only one that humanity can not comprehend in human terms because it is all spiritual”. He is Spiritual, and not a third person. consider this, say Spirit without the word “Holy” in front of it. now, read John 4:24a “God is a “Spirit”. God is “Holy”, hence the title, Holy Spirit. See it now? "a" is just that 1/one

#7. “All three have different administrations and all three are in the same spirit of work as the Father”.
Good assessment, but consider this. There are only three administration/dispensation of the Spirit/Father.
These 3 dispensation are in the title name given to Moses. “I AM THAT I AM”

Administration/dispensation 1. Genesis 1:1 Title "GOD"
I AM "CREATOR", "MAKER), Spirit, (without flesh, without bone without blood).

Administration/dispensation 2. John 1:1 Title "Lord"
THAT "SAVIOUR", "REDEEMER", spirit, (with flesh, with bone with blood) as a man.

Administration/dispensation 3. Revelation 1:1 Title "Holy Spirit"
I AM "COMFORTER", MEDIATOR", Spirit, Glorified in (flesh and bone, but no blood). this is the NEW MAN or the NEW CREATION.

now the scripture to back this up, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 "And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 "And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same[B ] God[/b] which worketh all in all".

see it now, "HE" the Spirit worketh all in all. look at it again 1 Corinthians 12:4-6.

revelation time. "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit". the Holy Spirit who came on Pentecost and gave "GIFTS" to men. and the one used on Pentecost, verse 10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues". notice the very next verse, 11" But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will".

"I AM THAT I AM" SHOWS THE SPIRIT IN ALL DISPENSATION.

PCY.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:14 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
When the OP says, "Trinity is not a mystery anymore", do they actually accept that Trinity HAS BEEN in fact a mystery for the last 2000'years?

Old 01-21-2018, 07:23 PM

With my right hand and the three fingers together, the thumb, index finger, and middle finger, this is how I make the Sign of the Cross:
1. On the forehead, I say 'In the Name of Holy Father',
2. On the navel, I say 'And of the Holy Son',
3. On the right shoulder joint, I say 'True man and',
4. On the left shoulder joint, I say 'True God',
5. Back on the forehead, I say 'And of the Holy Spirit',
6. On the lips, I say 'Amen' and clasp my hand as in prayer.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:22 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,705 times
In response to 101c.

Pretty much on the same page you and I. Thanks for the added verse references.
Quote:
#1. “Getting caught up in word definitions verses the spirit of the context can cause a problem in interpretations”. definition of word are only an AIDE to the user to help understand the word of God.
"AIDE" is correct and limited.... but in a deeper sense...only the Spirit can teach and reveal to the longing heart whose intent is to enjoy the secrets of God.

Quote:
#2. “Case in point is the Trinity. The spirit context of the verses pertaining to the Godhead is being overlooked because it involves humanity wants to understand the divine in human terms verses in the spiritual”. Nothing wrong with that, scripture, Romans 1:18-20 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse”. no excuse as to not knowing.
....but blind.

Yes, but yet again.....not having eyes to see and see not. Must have the circumcision of the heart to receive revelation.

Quote:
#6. “The third person (Holy Spirit) is the only one that humanity can not comprehend in human terms because it is all spiritual”. He is Spiritual, and not a third person. consider this, say Spirit without the word “Holy” in front of it. now, read John 4:24a “God is a “Spirit”. God is “Holy”, hence the title, Holy Spirit. See it now? "a" is just that 1/one
Understood your explanation and don't see any problem with that. Here it comes "But"...the word "person", in as the third person of the Godhead, I
believe is the active third administrator/sustain-er/ comforter of the Godhead.
Perhaps the word person should rather be Type.

The Father's administration is... as the Creator.
The Son's administration is... as the revelator and redeemer in the flesh
The Holy Spirit is... as the comforter.

All three are of the same type....as one and the same Spirit.

Quote:
John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
In that verse, 101c, is a hidden truth that is a picture of the relationship between God, the Nation of Israel, and Jesus.
One clue. Verse: Isa_9:14 Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.
Thought I'd throw that in.

Quote:
#7. “All three have different administrations and all three are in the same spirit of work as the Father”.
Good assessment, but consider this. There are only three administration/dispensation of the Spirit/Father.
These 3 dispensation are in the title name given to Moses. “I AM THAT I AM”
Like I said, we're on the same page.

Great discussion.

Blessings, AJ

Last edited by look3467; 01-21-2018 at 10:23 PM..

Old 01-22-2018, 05:30 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Four words: One God, three persons.

The Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Here is a 100% real teacher that belongs to Jesus. telling all who God is--1Corinthians 8:6---- show the world a trinity????? Paul cant. Why? Because he knows God--Jesus gave people such as you this warning--John 15:20-21)

Old 01-22-2018, 08:39 AM

GINOLJC, to all.
@look3467, Thanks for the response. I agree, Yes we’re on the same page. There is one response you made that really caught my eye. and in this one reply you are the only person I have encountered so far who came this close to the reality of understanding the person of Godhead, the Spirit. in your post you have the confirming and definitive answer to this topic, it right at your fingertips, only if you can grasp, or understand it.

Yes, you are very, very, very close to the TRUTH. U said,
Understood your explanation and don't see any problem with that. Here it comes "But"...the word "person", in as the third person of the Godhead, I
believe is the active third administrator/sustain-er/ comforter of the Godhead.
Perhaps the word person should rather be Type.

The Father's administration is... as the Creator.
The Son's administration is... as the revelator and redeemer in the flesh
The Holy Spirit is... as the comforter.

All three are of the same type....as one and the same Spirit
”.

“Type” is a good assessment. Now hold that thought. It means, when used as a “NOUN”, a PERSON 1. a category of people or things having common characteristics. Synonyms with: kind, sort, variety, class, category, set, genre, species, order, breed, race, stamp.

Listen to this. The Greek word G243 Allos, English “Another”, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. Two things to note here.

(A). Allos expresses a numerical difference, meaning TWO.

(B). Sort describe what you said concerning “TYPE”, listen to the definitions of Sort. a category of things or people having some common feature; a type. (source google search). now Dictionary.com, USED AS A NOUN, 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature.

“SORT” is the same as the definition to “TYPE”

look3467, we’re very, I mean Very, very close to an agreement.

Now apply G243 allos to the Godhead and you will have ONE person, numerical difference, meaning TWO individual "of" the SAME PERSON. This is your type you mention. Simply put ANOTHER of the SAME “SORT” is the TYPE of God, the Spirit.

look3467, if you can just understand that the “ANOTHER” of the Spirit, whom we call God, is the numerical difference of himself in flesh as G243 states, and Philippians 2:6 confirms, then you have the answer to the Godhead which is no longer a mystery. See, the numerical difference is what Philippians 2:6 say is the “EQUAL SHARE” of the Spirit in flesh as a man. there it is in a nutshell. The mystery of the Spirit plurality is in the “SHARING” of himself in flesh.

You are so close to the truth. I didn't post everything here now, but if you can assimilate what I have just posted then I will post the Rest of the answer.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:35 PM

Jesus said in Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost". Where is Paganism here? Jesus is the One who tells us to teach all nations and baptize them.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Jesus said in Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost". Where is Paganism here? Jesus is the One who tells us to teach all nations and baptize them.
Someone wrote that that’s what he said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity