U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 03:17 PM

26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What do you see being the difference between the spirit and the soul? Plain English, please. No metaphors, etc.
Spirit is what makes you alive, the soul is the mind which makes you who you are...Your identity...The soul remains in the grave while the spirit returns to G-d who gave it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 04:15 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Spirit is what makes you alive, the soul is the mind which makes you who you are...Your identity...The soul remains in the grave while the spirit returns to G-d who gave it...
Ah, that explains your confusion.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:26 PM

685 posts, read 265,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Christian groups with nontrinitarian positions
American Unitarian Conference
Arianism
Assemblies of Yahweh
Bible Students
Christadelphians
Church of Christ, Scientist (Christian Scientists)
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)
Church of the Blessed Hope (sometimes called "Church of God of the Abrahamic Faith")
Doukhobors
Friends of Man
Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ)
Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ
Jehovah's Witnesses
Members Church of God International
Molokan
Monarchianism
Muggletonianism
New Church
Many members of the Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland
Oneness Pentecostals
Polish Brethren
Some Quakers
Samaritan Christians
Shakers
Socinianism
Swedenborgianism
The Way International
Two by Twos (sometimes called The Truth or Cooneyites)
Unification Church
Unitarian Christians
Unitarian Universalism
United Church of God
Yahweh's Assembly in Messiah
Yahweh's Assembly in Yahshua
probably the largest "religious" Internet forum
https://www.christianforums.com/forums/ - in there if you are NON-trinitarian,
eventually you will be banned.
In there "mormons" are also not allowed to post in the Christian-section.
The entire place is arbitrary. &
one never knows when the guillotine takes you out.

At least here in c-d we can have actual Civil discussions...

Old 03-19-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah, that explains your confusion.
You're confused?...

Old 03-20-2017, 05:55 AM

4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You left out an option which is that the Jehovah's Witnesses don't know what they're talking about. How can God have a God you ask? God the Father didn't have a problem calling the Son God (Hebrews 1:8). God in the highest sense of the word since the Father stated that the Son created the heavens and the earth (Hebrews 1:10-12), and Genesis 1:1 states that God created the heavens and the earth.

Since God created the heavens and the earth, and since Jesus created the heavens and the earth, Jesus is God in the fullest sense as is so very clearly stated in John 1:1.

Furthermore, Jesus Himself claimed to be God as I showed in my thread, Jesus' claim to be Deity as recorded by Matthew and Mark

The one true God subsists as three distinct 'Persons.' ''Trinity teachers'' as you call them are not lying. Those who hold the Trinitarian view, a view held by the early church, do so because they recognize that the concept of the Trinity, not the actual word, but the concept of the Trinity is found in the Bible regardless of what the Johnny-come-lately Jehovah's Witnesses which originated in 1872 claim to the contrary. The Jehovah's Witnesses are nothing more than a modern day offshoot of Arianism.

I have studied--JESUS-- for years--his teachings--PROVE 100% the JW teachers are his. In every translation on earth. Try learning what Jesus actually taught. Here is what a true followers heart instructs their mind to do 24/7 365-
Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

I know 100% my teachers get this deep into each ones heart to live by daily--no Trinitarian even knows this teaching properly even though when Jesus said these two things must be first in ones life. Their charities wont even teach this to the needy ones when in need, they hand out a temp solution, while this permanent solution is left out--- something wrong in that picture. It proves they do not know Jesus. They fail both him and the needy in reality.

All who have studied the bible--know 100% trinity translation teach 2 different gods. They are filled with error.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 AM

12,900 posts, read 4,920,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Do people actually believe this stuff?
Yes, especially in "Saudi America," the portion of the USA between New England and the West Coast where the medieval worldview still reigns supreme.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:04 AM

20,292 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:
You left out an option which is that the Jehovah's Witnesses don't know what they're talking about. How can God have a God you ask? God the Father didn't have a problem calling the Son God (Hebrews 1:8). God in the highest sense of the word since the Father stated that the Son created the heavens and the earth (Hebrews 1:10-12), and Genesis 1:1 states that God created the heavens and the earth.

Since God created the heavens and the earth, and since Jesus created the heavens and the earth, Jesus is God in the fullest sense as is so very clearly stated in John 1:1.

Furthermore, Jesus Himself claimed to be God as I showed in my thread, Jesus' claim to be Deity as recorded by Matthew and Mark

The one true God subsists as three distinct 'Persons.' ''Trinity teachers'' as you call them are not lying. Those who hold the Trinitarian view, a view held by the early church, do so because they recognize that the concept of the Trinity, not the actual word, but the concept of the Trinity is found in the Bible regardless of what the Johnny-come-lately Jehovah's Witnesses which originated in 1872 claim to the contrary. The Jehovah's Witnesses are nothing more than a modern day offshoot of Arianism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I have studied--JESUS-- for years--his teachings--PROVE 100% the JW teachers are his. In every translation on earth. Try learning what Jesus actually taught. Here is what a true followers heart instructs their mind to do 24/7 365-
Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

I know 100% my teachers get this deep into each ones heart to live by daily--no Trinitarian even knows this teaching properly even though when Jesus said these two things must be first in ones life. Their charities wont even teach this to the needy ones when in need, they hand out a temp solution, while this permanent solution is left out--- something wrong in that picture. It proves they do not know Jesus. They fail both him and the needy in reality.

All who have studied the bible--know 100% trinity translation teach 2 different gods. They are filled with error.
As I said, the Jehovah's Witnesses are nothing more than a modern day offshoot of the Arians who denied the full deity of Jesus. The NT writers knew that Jesus is fully God as shown for example in John 1:1 and in Hebrews chapter one.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
As I said, the Jehovah's Witnesses are nothing more than a modern day offshoot of the Arians who denied the full deity of Jesus. The NT writers knew that Jesus is fully God as shown for example in John 1:1 and in Hebrews chapter one.
How about the Ebionites, descendants of the Council of Jerusalem that was led by James the Just?...

Old 03-20-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I have studied--JESUS-- for years--his teachings--PROVE 100% the JW teachers are his.
You have studied the Jesus that the WT portrays, perhaps, so, yes, in a way they are 100% correct in what they teach because they formulated it...

Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM

4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Quote:

Its funny--trinity translations contradict Jesus' truth--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--I will believe Jesus first everytime.
Rev 1:1--a revelation of Jesus Christ given to him by God---- did he say--here me have a revelation?= No-- 2 beings there one is God, one is Jesus--cannot be proven any other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity