U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 09:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,819,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Do you know God? Do you think he wants his written word altered?= No-- The New world translation put Gods name back where it was removed in nearly 6800 spots in the OT alone-- condemned by the ones who refuse to put Gods name back--finally the divine name Kjv put it back. Only the darkness would reject Gods name being put back. Only the darkness uses altered translations--to mislead.
Yes I know God, that's why the Deity God is not a mystery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 11:10 PM

17,770 posts, read 8,892,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's only a mystery, until you uncover that which you want to believe.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:55 AM

26,291 posts, read 13,944,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
JESUS or Jehovah?

GINOLJC, to all.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

if as some believe that "God" here at the end of John 1:1 is translated as "a god". then one have conflict with the Holy Scriptures themselves. because the WORD was "WITH" God.

in John 1:1 it states that the Word was "WITH" God. now hold that thought, Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand".

well now, if there is no god, and that's small cap "g" in god with GOD, then the question begs to be asked, "Who was with God in John 1:1.

well Deuteronomy 32:39 eliminates any notion that the word "god" should be used there in John 1:1c.

so that leave only one possibility, "God". but if this is correct, then one would have two Gods, and that's anti bible also. scripture,

1. Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God".

2. Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any".

3. Isaiah 45:6 "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else".

4. Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me".

these scriptures above clearly eliminates any other God, and that's God with the cap "G". and these scriptures clearly eliminate any other PERSON. I, and me are single designations.

conclusion Jesus is the Word, and the Word/JESUS is GOD. the bible clearly states that JESUS is God almighty, who many ignorantly calls Jehovah.

PCY.
Try replacing "WORD" with "TORAH"...

Old 02-24-2018, 04:00 AM

Quote:
ERROR, Revelation 3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne".

see the correct phrase is sit "IN" not on the throne. it's only one throne, which signify POWER and AUTHORITY. not a physical chair.... ok.

Now, lets get this he have a God over him. Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name".

did you see it? if not let me point it out for you. the very last part of the scripture, "and I will write upon him my new name".

see, the "MY" is him, his God is him in Spirit. understand, when diversified in flesh and says "MY" God, the term God identifies the Spirit. hence he is saying "MY" Spirit, it's possession. I suggest you study the possessive pronoun in English. and when the Spirit, (JESUS, without flesh), say "MY" Son, he is saying "MY" body. again it's the possession of "diversified Oneness".

so, no, the Lord Jesus is only referring to himself in Spirit, when he say "MY" God. the Revelation come at the end of the scripture, "and I will write upon him my new name". see, I thought he said that he will write the name of his God upon us? read the verse again. he writes his own name upon us. Just read the verse again.

PCY.
You are confused...

Old 02-24-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Correct, at Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool".

to understand this verse, the KJV answer itself in verse 5, listen. Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath".

Here "Lord" is H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

did you see definition #2.

The Lord is the LORD diversified with flesh, better known as the "OFFSPRING" and the LORD is the Lord diversified without flesh, better known as the "ROOT".

Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

the same person, LORD, "ROOT", without flesh. Lord, "OFFSPRING", with flesh, easy.

PCY.

Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 110

1 Of David a psalm. The word of the Lord to my master; "Wait for My right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."

Rashi:

The word of the Lord to my master: Our Rabbis interpreted it as referring to Abraham our father, and I shall explain it according to their words (Mid. Ps. 110:1): The word of the Lord to Abraham, whom the world called “my master,” as it is written (Gen. 23: 6): “Hearken to us, my master.”

“Wait for My right hand”: Wait for My salvation and hope for the Lord. [The root] ישיבה means only waiting, as Scripture states (Deut. 1:46): “And you stayed (ותשבו) in Kadesh for many days.”

for My right hand: For the salvation of My right hand.

until I make your enemies: Amraphel and his allies.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
7--Except where The LORD said to the Lord--
This was G-d speaking to Abraham...

Old 02-24-2018, 09:25 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,409,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 110

1 Of David a psalm. The word of the Lord to my master; "Wait for My right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."

Rashi:

The word of the Lord to my master: Our Rabbis interpreted it as referring to Abraham our father, and I shall explain it according to their words (Mid. Ps. 110:1): The word of the Lord to Abraham, whom the world called “my master,” as it is written (Gen. 23: 6): “Hearken to us, my master.”

“Wait for My right hand”: Wait for My salvation and hope for the Lord. [The root] ישיבה means only waiting, as Scripture states (Deut. 1:46): “And you stayed (ותשבו) in Kadesh for many days.”

for My right hand: For the salvation of My right hand.

until I make your enemies: Amraphel and his allies.
GINOLJC, to all.

Is not this prophecy being fulfilled right now, in this day and time, even as we speak.

from the out pouring of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, until this time now the LORD, (the Root, the Holy Spirit) is making the Lord, (the Offspring, the ARM of the Holy Spirit) his enemies his footstool.

Fact Check: was we not once the enemy of Christ. and are there still more who needs converting, who are the enemy of Christ. supportive scripture, Philippians 3:18 & 19 "(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ". 19 "Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)".

conclusion, the LORD (the Holy Spirit) was poured out on Pentecost, and is making/converting the enemies of Christ as we speak. Glory to God, the Lord Jesus.

PCY

Old 02-24-2018, 03:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,409,295 times
Micah 5:2: "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

this is the living "WORD", no confusion here.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:32 PM

4,069 posts, read 1,458,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
To Jesus and Paul it is a mystery--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--1 Cor 8:6)
Someone is in error. Its not Jesus and Paul.
When one understands that trinity translations teach 2 different gods because of errors in translation to fit false council teachings. The only translating that remained when the protestants translated.
The single being God is the God of Israel.. Israel had the true living God--never a trinity god.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:04 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,023,085 times
Quote:
kjw47 ....Do you know God? Do you think he wants his written word altered?
The God of Israel, via Moses, was the the Jewish nations direct link to Him. He was addressed as such and because He was their direct link, no one else had.
Here: Deu_6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: Strong's concordance..
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.
Total KJV occurrences: 6521

True, I agree that there was only but One God in the Old Testament linking Him to them.

But what one has to be realized is that in order for God to activate His redemption plan He must enlist the help of the Nation of Israel. The chosen...if you will.

If it weren't for them, salvation wouldn't have come to the world.

You see, the Ten Commandments added degree to transgression to the point that excluded all....I mean all of mankind from gaining salvation on their own merits. In other words....condemnation was upon all of humanity ...bar-none.

So God, in His Wisdom, chose a stubborn people (Jewish people) to carry that burden for the rest of humanity. To suffer right along with Christ.

They became "the" direct link to God and therefore had exclusive deed to Him. But that in it self still could and would not cause their souls to be saved regardless of how many animal sacrifices they made or how righteous they could become.

Listen to the words of the following verse concerning any other gospel: Lev_24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

That right there, to the devout Jewish leader was the law and would not deviate from it.

Jesus butted head to head with them on that very issue.

Listen to what Jesus told them..Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Those are killing words to them. He...Jesus made Himself equal to God and those words just cut their link to God.

By design, God used them to offer Jesus up, (Crucify Him for being accused of blasphemy)not really knowing the degree of their offense, for the purpose of ushering in salvation to the world ..by grace......for free.

Why suppose Jesus voiced these words on the cross? Luk_23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

You asked the question "Do you know God? The answer is in the question form....do you understand the works of God?
If you do then you will know that God and Jesus are the same.

Your second question was "Do you think he wants his written word altered?
If you understand Gods work, you will find that mankind will alter word/words to fit their own narrative as to what they "think" God should be like. Like placing God in a Box of their own thinking.

Suggestion to all seekers of dept in the word....consider understanding God's work in the affairs of humanity first instead of chasing rabbits on things that make no sense to human thinking.

Blessings, AJ

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-01-2018 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Don't use red text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity