Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 07:53 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,631 times

Advertisements

GINOLJC, to all.

Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

if Christ is "EQUAL" with God, then please, someone explain these scriptures,

1. Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

2. Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

and who is the Holy One? Psalms 89:18 "For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king".

Isaiah 43:15 "I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King".

The Holy One is the LORD, and Jesus is said to be EQUAL to the LORD, whom many calls the Father. but Isaiah 40:25 and Isaiah 46:5, #1 & #2 above say other wise.

so, can someone harmonize all the given scriptures.

thanks in advance.

PCY

Old 02-25-2018, 08:23 AM

1,146 posts, read 647,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Do people actually believe this stuff?
Unfortunately they do.

They believe it because they've not been taught otherwise. It's part of the Christian mythos that has been reinforced by the Roman Catholic church. Protestantism is nothing more than a pope-less extension of Catholicism led by countless false shepherds who try valiantly to be Little Popes - all infallible and untouchable in their lofty authority. The Pope would soon realize he's not infallible if he got married.

Most Christians do not involve themselves in the doctrine other than to robotically recite the Nicene Creed. Most do not realize that during the Council of Nicea it was a minority of delegates that forced the issue into the theological system in the first place.

Chief among those that opposed the change was a fellow named Nicholas of Lycia, Turkey. His opponent was another delegate name Arias. Arias favored the current doctrine of the trinity and Nick didn't. A personal feud became inflamed during the council deliberations and Nicholas eventually struck Arias in the face, knocking him to the ground. Nicholas was later named a saint and is now famously known by his commercial moniker - Santa Claus. Yup, it was all about the trinity.

If Santa Claus didn't buy it, should we?

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS
Try a theological exercise and attempt to explain the doctrine of the trinity in 25 words or less. Most folks can't do it and those that do can't do it effectively.
Here's an explanation of the nature of God in six words. The prayer is called The Shema (pronounced sh-ma) and is the oldest continuing statement of faith in human history.

Shema Yisrael
Adonai eloheinu,
Adonai echad.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 02-25-2018 at 08:39 AM..

Old 02-25-2018, 10:38 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,035 times
The center of all Creation is Jesus. How so you ask?

Check this out. Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Some key words here and observations:...1st..Its done-what was done? Redemption...you think?
2nd. -I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end....question? The end of what and the beginning of what?

Note. Is it true that salvation has no end? Luk_1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

So what end is it referring to? When was the act of redemption enacted? If enacted over 2,000 years ago, surely the end of condemnation ended then, you think?

If, there was an end than there also must be a beginning right?

The beginning-en_1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Following me? God created at the beginning. Meaning that if God was to initiate His work of redemption it would have to be after the beginning of His creation right?

Does that mean there are two Beginnings than? The first, God created and than the second, God Redeemed right?

So that means that there must have to be an end of the first in order to enact a second beginning...by yours truly....God.

Of the second He promises a no end. So it means than that there was an end of the first. Simple logic.

Remember who is doing all the work here? Not man fer sure. But God Himself.

So I enter this bit of evidence: Psa_74:12 For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.

Who is working salvation? Who delivered His people from Egypt? God not only did it physically from Egypt but also spiritually -BY PROMISE.

The end is at the cross and the beginning is is at the resurrection of Jesus. God being the worker in all of it.

There's no mystery there. Simple logic dictates that.

If, His Spirit does not open your eyes to see, that only means, that by mankind's accounts, there is no third person in the God head to effect a change in your mind towards Him. Meaning limiting God to only two persons, God and Son.

God is all in all the worker and we.......are simply the glory of His creation.

Now go...make Him proud.

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-25-2018, 01:04 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

Check this out. Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Some key words here and observations:...1st..Its done-what was done? Redemption...you think?
2nd. -I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end....question? The end of what and the beginning of what?

Note. Is it true that salvation has no end? Luk_1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

So what end is it referring to? When was the act of redemption enacted? If enacted over 2,000 years ago, surely the end of condemnation ended then, you think?

Following me? God created at the beginning. Meaning that if God was to initiate His work of redemption it would have to be after the beginning of His creation right?

Does that mean there are two Beginnings than? The first, God created and than the second, God Redeemed right?

So that means that there must have to be an end of the first in order to enact a second beginning...by yours truly....God.

Of the second He promises a no end. So it means than that there was an end of the first. Simple logic.

So I enter this bit of evidence: Psa_74:12 For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.

Who is working salvation? Who delivered His people from Egypt? God not only did it physically from Egypt but also spiritually -BY PROMISE.

The end is at the cross and the beginning is is at the resurrection of Jesus. God being the worker in all of it.

If, His Spirit does not open your eyes to see, that only means, that by mankind's accounts, there is no third person in the God head to effect a change in your mind towards Him. Meaning limiting God to only two persons, God and Son.

Now go...make Him proud.

Blessings, AJ
Noooo....

Old 02-25-2018, 01:29 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:

Now go...make Him proud.

Blessings, AJ
Yeees....

Genesis 1:1 God created the heavens and the earth

Revelation 4:11 (speaking of Jesus)
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

The Scriptures begin with the tree of life (Genesis 2:9 In the middle of the garden were the tree of life)
and Scriptures ends with the tree of life (Revelation 2:7 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life)

Last edited by twin.spin; 02-25-2018 at 01:40 PM..

Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,631 times
Quote:

Now go...make Him proud.

Blessings, AJ
interesting, you made some good points. thanks.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:24 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all.

Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

if Christ is "EQUAL" with God, then please, someone explain these scriptures,

1. Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

2. Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

and who is the Holy One? Psalms 89:18 "For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king".

Isaiah 43:15 "I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King".

The Holy One is the LORD, and Jesus is said to be EQUAL to the LORD, whom many calls the Father. but Isaiah 40:25 and Isaiah 46:5, #1 & #2 above say other wise.

so, can someone harmonize all the given scriptures.

thanks in advance.

PCY

Trinity translation errors make the confusion.-- phil 2:6= error. It does not read like that in all bibles. But the other ot ones shared do.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Trinity translation errors make the confusion.-- phil 2:6= error. It does not read like that in all bibles. But the other ot ones shared do.
Keep toeing that line. The question is, what does the Greek say?

Old 02-27-2018, 12:14 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,455 times
Dear God, please teach people it does not matter whether you are thought to be a trinity or not. All in Christ are ONE with God. God is interested in the condition of our hearts, not our religious dogma.

Atonement = At One Ment

Old 02-27-2018, 12:16 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Dear God, please teach people it does not matter whether you are thought to be a trinity or not. All in Christ are ONE with God. God is interested in the condition of our hearts, not our religious dogma.

Atonement = At One Ment
First of all, you ought to look at a dictionary to see what "atonement" actually means.

Second...so it doesn't matter who God is? Doesn't matter what his nature is? So he could be a flying spaghetti monster and it's ok with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.