Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 07:10 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,547 times

Advertisements

Nobody is interested in the nature of God as described in the Bible.

Everybody has their own spin on Trinity doctrine and eagerly justifies whatever Latin aberration is popular with them. The Trinity doctrine is an example of the creation and adoption of a pagan doctrine into the gospel message of the church. It is a perfect example of the creation of a doctrine followed by convoluted explanations in order to make it fit into Biblical context. It doesn't work because it isn't true.

Then again nobody cares.

Can anybody write an effective explanation of the nature of God in twenty-five words or less? Mostly they can't.

How about the Hebrew statement of faith - the oldest continuing statement of faith on the planet? It's called the shema (pronounced sh-ma) and accurately and clearly states the nature of God in six words.

Shema Yisrael
Adonai eloheinu
Adonai echad

- Deuteronomy 6:4

in English......
Hear O Israel
The Lord your God,
The Lord is one.

The key word that both Jews and gentiles stumble upon is the Hebrew word echad. Unlike English words that are defined within the context of their use, Hebrew words have their own unique meaning. For example, the Hebrew word for ONE is yachid. This word implies an absolute one. For example, there is one planet earth, one moon, one sun in the sky and one savior for mankind. Notice that yachid is not the operative word in the shema that describes the nature of God?

The Hebrew word echad implies unity. For example, the Federal government of the United States is described as being ONE from Many, meaning the legal and traditional joining of 50 separate legal state entities into a single Federated government. In English, then, the word one with regard to the United States example implies a unity of One, not an absolute one. Echad vs. Yachid.

Therein lies the mystery of the nature of God. Jewish scholars stumble over the word echad and try to spin it by saying it implies a sort of committee (but a committee of what and of how many members?). Gentiles only read the linguistic translation and try to use pagan myths to explain its meaning or simply ignore it altogether.

Adonai echad.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 03-03-2018, 08:19 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
There is no word 'hersey'. Maybe you mean 'heresy' which World Book Dictionary defines as 'a belief different from the accepted belief of a church, school, profession, or other groups.' Or do you mean hearsay which the Dictionary defines as 'common talk; gossip or rumor'.

Originally Posted by twin.spin ( with the word corrected)
Here are the answers to your refusal to the truth:
#1 is a heresy
#2 is a heresy
#3 is convoluted gangrene heresy

Now back to your question .... it's a simple product of unstable distorted reading of Scriptures that will be destroyed in due time.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
no scripture to back-up any of your claims. don't lower yourself to simply saying it's a hersey, nor a distorted reading of scriptures. the scriptures are not changing.

as for due time, may I make a suggestion? why not renew your mind as the bible say. look at the scriptures without a preconcieve doctrine made up by men.

PCY
Nah of course there has been none, which is why Mike555, MacG2014 and others besides myself have throughout this.
Fact is your suggestion have been historically rejected because they're exactly "look at the scriptures without a preconcieve doctrine made up by men."

Old 03-03-2018, 08:37 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Nobody is interested in the nature of God as described in the Bible.

Everybody has their own spin on Trinity doctrine and eagerly justifies whatever Latin aberration is popular with them. The Trinity doctrine is an example of the creation and adoption of a pagan doctrine into the gospel message of the church. It is a perfect example of the creation of a doctrine followed by convoluted explanations in order to make it fit into Biblical context. It doesn't work because it isn't true.

Then again nobody cares.

Can anybody write an effective explanation of the nature of God in twenty-five words or less? Mostly they can't.

How about the Hebrew statement of faith - the oldest continuing statement of faith on the planet? It's called the shema (pronounced sh-ma) and accurately and clearly states the nature of God in six words.

Shema Yisrael
Adonai eloheinu
Adonai echad

- Deuteronomy 6:4

in English......
Hear O Israel
The Lord your God,
The Lord is one.

The key word that both Jews and gentiles stumble upon is the Hebrew word echad. Unlike English words that are defined within the context of their use, Hebrew words have their own unique meaning. For example, the Hebrew word for ONE is yachid. This word implies an absolute one. For example, there is one planet earth, one moon, one sun in the sky and one savior for mankind. Notice that yachid is not the operative word in the shema that describes the nature of God?

The Hebrew word echad implies unity. For example, the Federal government of the United States is described as being ONE from Many, meaning the legal and traditional joining of 50 separate legal state entities into a single Federated government. In English, then, the word one with regard to the United States example implies a unity of One, not an absolute one. Echad vs. Yachid.

Therein lies the mystery of the nature of God. Jewish scholars stumble over the word echad and try to spin it by saying it implies a sort of committee (but a committee of what and of how many members?). Gentiles only read the linguistic translation and try to use pagan myths to explain its meaning or simply ignore it altogether.

Adonai echad.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
GINOLJC, to all.

"Can anybody write an effective explanation of the nature of God in twenty-five words or less? Mostly they can't".

I'll give it a try, "God is a diversity/share of himself equally in flesh". well that's ten words.

and as for the explanation you gave "Echad", that's an ERROR, God is not a "PART" of himself, nor is he separate, but is the "EQUAL SHARE" of himself in flesh as Genesis 1:1 says, as John 1:1 says, and as Revelation 1:1 says. and this is backed up by Philippians 2:6 and Revelation 22:16 which defines the term "Diversity", "OFFSPRING".

PCY.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Nah of course there has been none, which is why Mike555, MacG2014 and others besides myself have throughout this.
Fact is your suggestion have been historically rejected because they're exactly "look at the scriptures without a preconcieve doctrine made up by men."
thanks for the response, but just because men made up false doctrine, do not mean the truth is not in the scriptures. it must be taught by the Holy Spirit, God the Lord Jesus himself. and this is backed up by the scriptures themselves.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man".

so don't judge me by the doctrine I present, but U judge this doctrine by the Scriptures which God gave to all of us.

now, I'm prepared to judge this doctrine of "diversified Oneness" by the scriptures. anytime you're reday to discuss the scriptures, and not any doctrine I'm at your call.

PCY.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
thanks for the response, but just because men made up false doctrine, do not mean the truth is not in the scriptures. it must be taught by the Holy Spirit, God the Lord Jesus himself. and this is backed up by the scriptures themselves.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man".

so don't judge me by the doctrine I present, but U judge this doctrine by the Scriptures which God gave to all of us.

now, I'm prepared to judge this doctrine of "diversified Oneness" by the scriptures. anytime you're reday to discuss the scriptures, and not any doctrine I'm at your call.

PCY.
Correct ... just because men made up the false doctrine you're holding to, does not mean the truth is not in the scriptures. Which is why Mike555, MacG2014 and others besides myself have shown what the Holy Spirit has taught throughout this.

As for me I don't have to discuss any further.
However should somebody else want to waist their time, first decide what side of the double talk you want it:
  • discussing "the doctrine I present ... by the Scriptures which God gave to all of us."
or
  • "anytime you're reday to discuss the scriptures, and not any doctrine I'm at your call"

Old 03-03-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Correct ... just because men made up the false doctrine you're holding to, does not mean the truth is not in the scriptures. Which is why Mike555, MacG2014 and others besides myself have shown what the Holy Spirit has taught throughout this.

As for me I don't have to discuss any further.
However should somebody else want to waist their time, first decide what side of the double talk you want it:
  • discussing "the doctrine I present ... by the Scriptures which God gave to all of us."
or
  • "anytime you're reday to discuss the scriptures, and not any doctrine I'm at your call"
I'll let the bible speak, U said, "As for me I don't have to discuss any further", are you so sure? John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me".

so do you KNOW, or THINK you have eternal LIFE?. from your post,....... I believe you don't KNOW, and that you THINK. it's your choice..... (smile).

PCY.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:35 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,477 times
Quote:
Nobody is interested in the nature of God as described in the Bible. >>>Choir Loft
Gods works (Key) in the affairs of mankind and not mankind's works or conceived beliefs.
Creator = Savior =Sustain-er
1 +1 + 1 = 3 = God

Stick to those 3 and there will be no belief problems.

Short and sweet.

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-03-2018, 02:34 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
First thanks for the reply. second, may I ask how are you using the term "son" biologically, or Spiritual? I hope you're not using the term "son" in a biological sense. because if you are, you will be in a bad position of defending yourself.

so please tell us how you're using the term "son".

thanks in advance

PCY
Of course I am not speaking of biological things. Isn't it a given we are speaking about spiritual things?

Old 03-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Of course I am not speaking of biological things. Isn't it a given we are speaking about spiritual things?
GOOD,GREAT to hear that. so may I ask you, "when the the Lord Jesus say "MY" Father, how is he referring to him Spiritually?.
and when the Father say, "MY" Son how is he referring to him Spiritually?.

but before you answer, read, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God"

looking to hear from you.

PCY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity