Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 04:03 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Israelites apostocised long before Jesus arrived--When Israel stood by God, God stood by them. The romans could never defeat Israel unless God was not with them. God did not blind the Israelites--their own haughty hearts blinded them.
The Israelite leaders(teachers) placed themselves on pedastels--referred to the flock as Amharets( giving food scraps to the dogs--these are spiritual food scraps)-- They reasoned falsely that the Messiah would come as a mighty king and destroy the roman rule, A mere carpenters son came and they outright refused to listen to such a lowly person. They outright refused to make correction--same in 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian today--they are apostocised.
Yes, things are just as bad today as they were when Israel was overthrown. And it is, as you mention, the haughty nature of the religious hearts considering themselves to be something rather than nothing much and considering themselves to be experts at the law rather than realizing how very little any of us understand. Woe to those who begin to beat the servants and speak of throwing them crumbs - same thing going on today. This present world, it's system, it's lusts, it's ways of enticing humans is not a pretty place.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:24 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,631 times
First thanks for the response. Second, look3467 is correct, “The issue of the Trinity is a stumbling block to many”. supportive scripture, OT First. Isaiah 28:16 "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.”. NT, 1 Peter 2:6 "Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 7 "Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 "And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed”.

The Godhead, Jesus the Christ is a STONE of STUMBLING for Some, not all. And for those “some”, we must be patient with them for the Lord sake, and ours. For all of God people are “precious” in his sight.

PCY.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:33 PM

Romans 8:11 "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you".

the Spirit of "HIM"? who is the HIM this scripture verse speaks of?

He is the Holy Spirit himself. for God is a Spirit. and "of" translate the genitive case of nouns. so Spirit of God is God. there is only ONE Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

now the revelation, if it was the Spirit that raised Jesus from the DEAD, then we have confirmation that Jesus is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit in flesh.

supportive scripture, John 2:18 "Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? 19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 "Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 "But he spake of the temple of his body".

so it was the Lord Jesus himself who raised his body from the dead.

now either we have confirmation or have a contradiction.

either the Lord Jesus is the Spirit himself, or the bible is in contradiction with itself.

I say the bible is in confirmation, and NOT in a contradiction.

#1. the Lord Jesus cannot LIE. if he says he raised that body up then he didn't lie.

#2. if the Scriptures say it was the Spirit that raised up the Temple/Body of Christ, the scriptures don't lie

#3. the conclusion: Jesus is the Spirit, which destroys any concept of any trinity.

PCY.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:55 AM

The Trinity is no more.

let's make a twenty cent move here, a pair of dimes..... (smile), get it. other words let's make a paradigm shift in our minds. this shift is better known as what the Bible calls "The renewing of our minds.

here is the shift.

#1. instead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit = the triune God, shift, Father, and Son = the Diversified God who is an 'elohiym, H430 אֱלֹהִ of himself in flesh.

#2. instead of three "PERSON", only ONE PERSON diversified. and that one person diversified is the Holy Spirit.

#3. so the paradigm shift is this. the Holy Spirit is the First and only "PERSON" in the Godhead who diversified, or is the offspring of himself in flesh and blood as a man, per Philippians 2:6-11. and really Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21.

#4. The paradigm shift starts at Genesis 1:1 showing God, the Holy Spirit, as a plurality or a diversity of himself from the beginning.

the Bible, the Holy Scriptures, rejects the traditions of men in this doctrine called the Trinity.

if it's not scriptural base, then it's a heresy.

2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".

this notion of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, is not approved of God. so many need to study and renew their minds.

PCY.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:53 AM

998 posts, read 436,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
The Trinity is no more.

let's make a twenty cent move here, a pair of dimes..... (smile), get it. other words let's make a paradigm shift in our minds. this shift is better known as what the Bible calls "The renewing of our minds.

here is the shift.

#1. instead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit = the triune God, shift, Father, and Son = the Diversified God who is an 'elohiym, H430 אֱלֹהִ of himself in flesh.

#2. instead of three "PERSON", only ONE PERSON diversified. and that one person diversified is the Holy Spirit.

#3. so the paradigm shift is this. the Holy Spirit is the First and only "PERSON" in the Godhead who diversified, or is the offspring of himself in flesh and blood as a man, per Philippians 2:6-11. and really Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21.

#4. The paradigm shift starts at Genesis 1:1 showing God, the Holy Spirit, as a plurality or a diversity of himself from the beginning.

the Bible, the Holy Scriptures, rejects the traditions of men in this doctrine called the Trinity.

if it's not scriptural base, then it's a heresy.

2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".

this notion of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, is not approved of God. so many need to study and renew their minds.

PCY.
Do you believe in the Holy Trinity?

What is the term used in Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"?

Old 03-10-2018, 11:08 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,035 times
Many can not and will not be convinced of God's three administration's.
If, mankind can not understand things of God, like love your enemies how is it expected to understand the Trinity spirit of God.
Here's one...Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:.....
"Us and our"?

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-10-2018, 11:28 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Israelite's apostatized long before Jesus arrived--When Israel stood by God, God stood by them.
Why did God stand by them? The integrity of their stubbornness was crucial to the work which God was to perform in Jesus.

In Reading the Old Testament ...can anyone count the number of cycles in times God dad forgiven, restored, forgiven and restored Israel.? Why? Because God needed the Jews to do a work.

Isn't that a significant detail, worth noting, adding to - the stubbornness, one can deduct Gods design in what He planned to accomplish.

It is obviously clear By Jesus' words, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do," that the Jews stubbornly followed the law and traditions to the point where they became blind to any new revelation---such as Jesus being the Son of God.

When Jesus cut them off by making the following statement, Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Supporting verse: Isa_9:14 Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.

Jesus was stating that they could no longer go directly to the Father but rather through Him. That made Jesus, in their minds, equal to the Father.

To them that was blasphemous.

Jesus HAD to die.

Isa_53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

The Jews were unknowingly Gods accomplices in the work of God in Jesus.

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post

What is the term used in Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"?
There is no trinity, especially a Holy Trinity. there is ONLY one TRUE God, JESUS.

now as for Matthew 28:19. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all "TITLES" of the ONE TRUE GOD, JESUS.

one doesn't baptize in a title but in the true name, JESUS. the name of God, English, is JESUS, Hebrew Yeshua.

Son and Father are only titles of the Spirit, God.

PCY.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post

Let's examine this "Name" of God in Matthew 28:19, or rather these "Titles". as pointed out before, "Jehovah" is not God name at all. these man-made names like "Jehovah" and "Yahweh" are anglicized..... meaning Man made.

but let's go to the heart of the PROPER NAME, Scripture. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

wait a minute, didn't they know his name already?. the book of Isaiah is written after, way after the book of Exodus.

so what's going on here? first, let's understand what a "name" is. 1. a word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to. the word or term name is synonyms with: designation, honorific, title, tag, epithet, label; appellation.

that's the problem, see a NAME can be a title, an epithet, or an appellation.

APPELLATION is
1. an identifying name or title.
2. the act of naming or giving a title to.
3. a common name, in distinction from a proper name. A common name, or appellative, stands for a whole class, genus, or species of beings, or for universal ideas. Thus, tree is the name of all plants of a particular class; plant and vegetable are names of things that grow out of the earth.

Definition #1. States an “identifying” name or title but the Appellation is not the proper or personal name.

see, A proper noun is a noun that in its primary application refers to a unique entity, such as Rome, Washington, Lake Erie, or Microsoft, as distinguished from a common noun, which usually refers to a class of entities.

TITLE is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification.
Example of a Title, "Father", "Son".

EPITHET is any word or phrase applied to a person or thing to describe an actual or attributed quality.
Example, "Holy Spirit". in the natural world, some examples. Catherine the Great, Ivan the terrible, these are suffix. now some prefix. Baby face Nelson, Pipe wrench Joe. a name can be a title, a descriptive Epithet, or distinctive appellation, especially one belonging to a person by right of rank, office, attainment, Example, the title, Lord Jesus, Pastor Tarvin, or Evangelist Chambers, Clerk Crawford.

are we understanding now? see, a proper Noun that is a name but not a TITLE.

Just by these definitions alone, we can see the ERROR that people might make in Matthew 28:19 concerning a name

let's examine Isaiah 52:6 again. "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

ok, when did God speak? answer, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". this is the Lord Jesus speaking. Isaiah 52:6 says, "in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". and that day was when he, God came in flesh and spoke those words, "for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". this is that day.

understand, "Father", "Son", and "Holy Spirit", are only titles of the Proper Name "JESUS

Old 03-12-2018, 06:33 PM

998 posts, read 436,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Let's examine this "Name" of God in Matthew 28:19, or rather these "Titles". as pointed out before, "Jehovah" is not God name at all. these man-made names like "Jehovah" and "Yahweh" are anglicized..... meaning Man made.

but let's go to the heart of the PROPER NAME, Scripture. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

wait a minute, didn't they know his name already?. the book of Isaiah is written after, way after the book of Exodus.

so what's going on here? first, let's understand what a "name" is. 1. a word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to. the word or term name is synonyms with: designation, honorific, title, tag, epithet, label; appellation.

that's the problem, see a NAME can be a title, an epithet, or an appellation.

APPELLATION is
1. an identifying name or title.
2. the act of naming or giving a title to.
3. a common name, in distinction from a proper name. A common name, or appellative, stands for a whole class, genus, or species of beings, or for universal ideas. Thus, tree is the name of all plants of a particular class; plant and vegetable are names of things that grow out of the earth.

Definition #1. States an “identifying” name or title but the Appellation is not the proper or personal name.

see, A proper noun is a noun that in its primary application refers to a unique entity, such as Rome, Washington, Lake Erie, or Microsoft, as distinguished from a common noun, which usually refers to a class of entities.

TITLE is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification.
Example of a Title, "Father", "Son".

EPITHET is any word or phrase applied to a person or thing to describe an actual or attributed quality.
Example, "Holy Spirit". in the natural world, some examples. Catherine the Great, Ivan the terrible, these are suffix. now some prefix. Baby face Nelson, Pipe wrench Joe. a name can be a title, a descriptive Epithet, or distinctive appellation, especially one belonging to a person by right of rank, office, attainment, Example, the title, Lord Jesus, Pastor Tarvin, or Evangelist Chambers, Clerk Crawford.

are we understanding now? see, a proper Noun that is a name but not a TITLE.

Just by these definitions alone, we can see the ERROR that people might make in Matthew 28:19 concerning a name

let's examine Isaiah 52:6 again. "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

ok, when did God speak? answer, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". this is the Lord Jesus speaking. Isaiah 52:6 says, "in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". and that day was when he, God came in flesh and spoke those words, "for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". this is that day.

understand, "Father", "Son", and "Holy Spirit", are only titles of the Proper Name "JESUS
The spirit of Ama said that "I baptize you, (name of the person), in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Name of the women will be their unmarried name, and not the family name of their husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity