U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 02:31 PM

4,093 posts, read 1,466,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You think Proverbs 8 is talking about Jesus?...It is not...

Anyone who has studied Jesus, knows it is the being who came and was named Jesus as a mortal. It was Michael.
O doubt--The one whom God created all other things through, is Gods master worker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 02:35 PM

4,093 posts, read 1,466,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Matthew and Mark record Jesus' claim to be God as I've already shown. - Jesus' claim to be Deity as recorded by Matthew and Mark

And as you've already been shown, the writer of Hebrews flat out has the Father calling the Son God and stating that the Son is the creator of all things.

Paul states that Jesus is God (Phil. 2:5-8)

John, the writer of the Gospel of John, an apostle of Christ Jesus flat out states that the Word (Jesus) is God. Rome had nothing to do with deifying Jesus. We have manuscripts pre-dating the church councils, and pre-dating Constantine as you've also already been shown. You keep making the same claims over and over which have already been shown to be false.

It's fairly obvious that you've been so indoctrinated by the Jehovah's witnesses that you are unable to think anything except what they tell you to think. I'll leave you to their false teachings then.

Not at all. Your teachers--TWIST what is actually said.

Jesus teaches--John 17:3-- The one who sent him= Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--- can your teachers understand English? Paul could-1Cor 8:6--- someone is lying--Jesus and Paul or the trinity teachers. We all must choose who we believe. Jesus knew it will only be few that believe him.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:58 PM

26,375 posts, read 13,984,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Anyone who has studied Jesus, knows it is the being who came and was named Jesus as a mortal. It was Michael.
O doubt--The one whom God created all other things through, is Gods master worker.
It is not what proverbs 8 is talking about...It is not talking about Jesus...

Old 03-26-2017, 10:55 AM

1,240 posts, read 1,024,025 times
Quote:
Hi, Richard

Lets follow the time line.

God the Father= Creator of all there is.

Refer:
Gen_2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

1. Being born = Gen_5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Refer:
God breath life into the lump of clay and it became a living soul.......life. (Innocent as a new born baby, perfect and without sin)

2. Being Enabled with intelligence

Refer:
Gen_3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

3. Because of........ Consequences

Refer: Gen_3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen_3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

4. Resultant.......Death.

Refer: 1Co_15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

2. God the Son = Re-Creator of the spirit of man

1Co_15:21......by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

And last but not least.....

3. God the Holy Spirit = Motivator, counselor, Comforter, and the Converter of the dead spirit in mankind.

R

Joh_14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Friends.....that is the time line.....everything else is........the works of man.

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-26-2017, 11:09 AM

13,393 posts, read 4,285,413 times
Quote:
You know very well that it wasn't...
I am wondering what in the world the Nicene creed has to do with Jesus.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:44 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,800,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Yep

Old 03-26-2017, 12:39 PM

20,326 posts, read 15,696,619 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yep

Have either of you ever read the Nicene Creed? If so, how can you wonder what it has to do with Jesus? The Nicene Creed of A.D. 325 is a formal statement declaring the deity of Jesus and mentions the three Persons of the Trinity. God the Father; Jesus, the Son of God and declared to Himself be very God of very God; and of the Holy Spirit.

First Council of Nicaea (325)
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten of the Father [the only-begotten; that is, of the essence of the Father, God of God,] Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;

By whom all things were made [both in heaven and on earth];

Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down and was incarnate and was made man;

He suffered, and the third day he rose again, ascended into heaven;

From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

And in the Holy Ghost

[But those who say: 'There was a time when he was not;' and 'He was not before he was made;' and 'He was made out of nothing,' or 'He is of another substance' or 'essence,' or 'The Son of God is created,' or 'changeable,' or 'alterable' they are condemned by the holy catholic and apostolic Church.]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed

Old 03-26-2017, 01:00 PM

13,393 posts, read 4,285,413 times
Quote:
Have either of you ever read the Nicene Creed? If so, how can you wonder what it has to do with Jesus? The Nicene Creed of A.D. 325 is a formal statement declaring the deity of Jesus and mentions the three Persons of the Trinity. God the Father; Jesus, the Son of God and declared to Himself be very God of very God; and of the Holy Spirit.
First Council of Nicaea (325)
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten of the Father [the only-begotten; that is, of the essence of the Father, God of God,] Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;

By whom all things were made [both in heaven and on earth];

Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down and was incarnate and was made man;

He suffered, and the third day he rose again, ascended into heaven;

From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

And in the Holy Ghost

[But those who say: 'There was a time when he was not;' and 'He was not before he was made;' and 'He was made out of nothing,' or 'He is of another substance' or 'essence,' or 'The Son of God is created,' or 'changeable,' or 'alterable'— they are condemned by the holy catholic and apostolic Church.]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed

You are talking about a lawless Jesus who comes to teach people lawlessness and to reject the entire worship system of God, it's Sabbaths, it's holy days, it's traditions and rituals and Jesus did not come teaching people to reject the religion of his father, he came proving the religion of his father, not teaching against and certainly not teaching people to reject the feasts of Jesus to then institute pagan days, pagan traditions and lawlessness.

They were showing a Babylonian religion and not only did they teach people to reject the ways of God and his son, they taught people to go out and persecute the people of God for keeping the feasts of Christ.

They tortured and killed people who followed the ways of Christ and taught a lawless Messiah of Babylon, and so I would ask,'' What does the Nicene group have to do with Jesus, Jews, or the religion of God when they in fact reject everything called of God or that is worship in his appointed religion?

Jesus said that anyone who keeps the laws and teaches others to keep them will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and the Nicene council teaches the opposite.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:14 PM

20,326 posts, read 15,696,619 times
Quote:
You are talking about a lawless Jesus who comes to teach people lawlessness and to reject the entire worship system of God, it's Sabbaths, it's holy days, it's traditions and rituals and Jesus did not come teaching people to reject the religion of his father, he came proving the religion of his father, not teaching against and certainly not teaching people to reject the feasts of Jesus to then institute pagan days, pagan traditions and lawlessness.

They were showing a Babylonian religion and not only did they teach people to reject the ways of God and his son, they taught people to go out and persecute the people of God for keeping the feasts of Christ.

They tortured and killed people who followed the ways of Christ and taught a lawless Messiah of Babylon, and so I would ask,'' What does the Nicene group have to do with Jesus, Jews, or the religion of God when they in fact reject everything called of God or that is worship in his appointed religion?

Jesus said that anyone who keeps the laws and teaches others to keep them will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and the Nicene council teaches the opposite.
No, I am talking about Jesus Christ, the Son of God who is Himself God the Son who created all that has been created.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:43 PM

26,375 posts, read 13,984,334 times
Quote:
No, I am talking about Jesus Christ, the Son of God who is Himself God the Son who created all that has been created.
Blah, blah, blah...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity