Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 01:25 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Actually every teaching from Jesus is in every translation on earth--the same( except for--earth or land at Matt 5:5-- The JW teachers portray the true Jesus.
Yes sir.
Whether or not what language he speaks.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Christian groups with nontrinitarian positions

American Unitarian Conference
Arianism
Assemblies of Yahweh
Bible Students
Christadelphians
Church of Christ, Scientist (Christian Scientists)
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)
Church of the Blessed Hope (sometimes called "Church of God of the Abrahamic Faith")
Doukhobors
Friends of Man
Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ)
Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ
Jehovah's Witnesses
Members Church of God International
Molokan
Monarchianism
Muggletonianism
New Church
Many members of the Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland
Oneness Pentecostals
Polish Brethren
Some Quakers
Samaritan Christians
Shakers
Socinianism
Swedenborgianism
The Way International
Two by Twos (sometimes called The Truth or Cooneyites)
Unification Church
Unitarian Christians
Unitarian Universalism
United Church of God
Yahweh's Assembly in Messiah
Yahweh's Assembly in Yahshua
Awesome.
All work makes man a stronger by day.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:12 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Jesus, Peter, Paul, Matthew,etc--all were taught, served and worshipped a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) while they attended the synagogues and temples. Jesus showed all at the moneychangers in Gods temple of how zealous he was for his Fathers name--Jesus would-NEVER- attend a place of worship teaching a false god--the trinity was created well after Jesus, apostles and followers were all killed. Rome took it over and twisted it.
Matthew and Mark record Jesus' claim to be God as I've already shown. - Jesus' claim to be Deity as recorded by Matthew and Mark

And as you've already been shown, the writer of Hebrews flat out has the Father calling the Son God and stating that the Son is the creator of all things.

Paul states that Jesus is God (Phil. 2:5-8)

John, the writer of the Gospel of John, an apostle of Christ Jesus flat out states that the Word (Jesus) is God. Rome had nothing to do with deifying Jesus. We have manuscripts pre-dating the church councils, and pre-dating Constantine as you've also already been shown. You keep making the same claims over and over which have already been shown to be false.

It's fairly obvious that you've been so indoctrinated by the Jehovah's witnesses that you are unable to think anything except what they tell you to think. I'll leave you to their false teachings then.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Matthew and Mark record Jesus' claim to be God as I've already shown. - Jesus' claim to be Deity as recorded by Matthew and Mark

And as you've already been shown, the writer of Hebrews flat out has the Father calling the Son God and stating that the Son is the creator of all things.

Paul states that Jesus is God (Phil. 2:5-8)

John, the writer of the Gospel of John, an apostle of Christ Jesus flat out states that the Word (Jesus) is God. Rome had nothing to do with deifying Jesus. We have manuscripts pre-dating the church councils, and pre-dating Constantine as you've also already been shown. You keep making the same claims over and over which have already been shown to be false.

It's fairly obvious that you've been so indoctrinated by the Jehovah's witnesses that you are unable to think anything except what they tell you to think. I'll leave you to their false teachings then.
Anyone can claim anything...

Old 03-25-2017, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Actually every teaching from Jesus is in every translation on earth--the same( except for--earth or land at Matt 5:5-- The JW teachers portray the true Jesus.
What the Satanists teach is 100% correct also...

Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG2014 View Post
Out of curiosity, who is the First and the Last "Then I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."? Rev 1
Context...

Old 03-25-2017, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Trinitarian view was held long before the ecumenical church councils, the first of which was held in A.D. 325. Tertullian (A.D. c. 160-225) used the term trinitas to describe the plurality of God. In Against Praxeas, chapter 12, he writes;
CHAPTER 12 -- OTHER QUOTATIONS FROM HOLY SCRIPTURE ADDUCED IN PROOF OF THE PLURALITY OF PERSONS IN THE GODHEAD.

If the number of the Trinity also offends you, as if it were not connected in the simple Unity, I ask you how it is possible for a Being who is merely and absolutely One and Singular, to speak in plural phrase, saying, "Let us make man in our own image, and after our own likeness;" whereas He ought to have said, "Let me make man in my own image, and after my own likeness," as being a unique and singular Being? In the following passage, however, "Behold the man is become as one of us," He is either deceiving or amusing us in speaking plurally, if He is One only and singular. Or was it to the angels that He spoke, as the Jews interpret the passage, because these also acknowledge not the Son? Or was it because He was at once the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, that He spoke to Himself in plural terms, making Himself plural on that very account? Nay, it was because He had already His Son close at His side, as a second Person, His own Word, and a third Person also, the Spirit in the Word, that He purposely adopted the plural phrase, "Let us make;" and, "in our image;" and, "become as one of us." For with whom did He make man? and to whom did He make him like? (The answer must be), the Son on the one hand, who was one day to put on human nature; and the Spirit on the other, who was to sanctify man. With these did He then speak, in the Unity of the Trinity, as with His ministers and witnesses In the following text also He distinguishes among the Persons:

Tertullian (Roberts-Donaldson)
The deity of Jesus was recognized long before Roman Catholicism gained ascendency. Manuscript P66 which is dated to AD. c.175 contains John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Claims that the Roman Catholic church, or that Constantine (AD. c 272-337) invented the deity of Jesus are therefore demonstratively false.
325 AD was when it was formulated, later it was made a doctrine...

Old 03-25-2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Context...
You are stinking up the place.
You have alot of mtzvah to do before you brush your teeth.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:00 AM

Quote:
That is simple-- they believe Jesus over dogmas of the schools of men.
Here is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal--Prov 8= Gods master worker--can be none other than Jesus whom all other things created through. Prov 8:22-- Produced me( created direct-first and last) as the beginning of your way( creation)
Coll 1:15-- The FIRSTBORN of all CREATION.

Its The new world translation. Greek scholars, not being paid by trinity $$$ says its the best translation ever.
You think Proverbs 8 is talking about Jesus?...It is not...

Old 03-25-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Jesus, Peter, Paul, Matthew,etc--all were taught, served and worshipped a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) while they attended the synagogues and temples. Jesus showed all at the moneychangers in Gods temple of how zealous he was for his Fathers name--Jesus would-NEVER- attend a place of worship teaching a false god--the trinity was created well after Jesus, apostles and followers were all killed. Rome took it over and twisted it.
Here I agree...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity