Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 11:50 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Corinthians 3:16 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Yes, the spirit "OF" God, not God directly. The Spirit is the power of God, and that is the way He deals with Man since as Moses found you can't deal directly with God as He is Pure and we are not.
I must disagree with that statement. the Spirit "of" God is God. understand, "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned. when I say the spirit of 101c I'm speaking of 101c, not someone else.

and two, the POWER of God is JESUS, scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God".

PCY

Old 01-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Come on Baby!!!!!! Let's do the twist!
BaptistFundie you might not want to twist too much, CA is CORRECT. example, he said, this,
KJV Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? KJV

but if one keep on reading, listen, Acts 5:9 "Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out".notice it said the Spirit (all caps) of the "Lord". the "L" in Lord is only capitalized.

see the Lord Is the Holy Spirit.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
BaptistFundie you might not want to twist too much, CA is CORRECT. example, he said, this,
KJV Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? KJV

but if one keep on reading, listen, Acts 5:9 "Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out".notice it said the Spirit (all caps) of the "Lord". the "L" in Lord is only capitalized.

see the Lord Is the Holy Spirit.
You realize the caps is not in the Greek, right? That was added by translators.

The same word is used in 3 (pneuma) as is in 9. The "Lord" is the Greek word "Kurios". It is applied to Jesus. So yes..the Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus, who is God, and is known as the Holy Spirit.

And no---the Spirit of Jesus is not the same as Jesus. To suggest that is illogical, as Jesus would have just remained with them if he wanted to be present with them. He didn't have to go home, then send himself.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
You realize the caps is not in the Greek, right? That was added by translators.

The same word is used in 3 (pneuma) as is in 9. The "Lord" is the Greek word "Kurios". It is applied to Jesus. So yes..the Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus, who is God, and is known as the Holy Spirit.

And no---the Spirit of Jesus is not the same as Jesus. To suggest that is illogical, as Jesus would have just remained with them if he wanted to be present with them. He didn't have to go home, then send himself.
First, thanks for the respond. second, Just like the word "trinity" is not in the bible either . but we understand it use. just like we understand the use of capitalization.

Third, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

remember i asked a question, "Who sent the Comforter/the Holy Spirit". let's deal with one point at a time, ok.

Looking forward to your answer. again thanks for the response.

PCY

Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
First, thanks for the respond. second, Just like the word "trinity" is not in the bible either . but we understand it use. just like we understand the use of capitalization.

Third, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

remember i asked a question, "Who sent the Comforter/the Holy Spirit". let's deal with one point at a time, ok.

Looking forward to your answer. again thanks for the response.

PCY
We've answered that. Jesus sent the Comforter. As promised. The Comforter has a will, can be lied to, etc.

Now...answer my question: Who appeared to Abraham in Genesis 17?

Old 01-11-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
We've answered that. Jesus sent the Comforter. As promised. The Comforter has a will, can be lied to, etc.

Now...answer my question: Who appeared to Abraham in Genesis 17?
Thanks for the reply. also I will answer your question. but first my question which you didn't answer correctly.
U said "Jesus sent the comforter". good, now hear this, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".
so did the Father, or the Son sent the comforter. I'll be looking for your answer.

now your answer to "Who appeared to Abraham in Genesis 17". simple answer an angel. but let me explain before you jump the gun. an appearance is not the same as a manifestation. let's make it easy for you to understand, 1st person vs second person or third. notice, God appeared in a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night was he the cloud or the fire? NO. the burning bush, was it God the Burning bush, NO, but was it God speaking? supportive scripture, Exodus 3:2 "And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed". Understand now. the ANGEL OF THE LORD APPEARED. I suggest you understand what an appearance vs a manifestation is.

Now back to my question, you said Jesus sent the Holy Ghost, well read John 14:26 again. and tell us without a doubt who sent the Holy Spirit?.

looking to hear from you.

PCY

Old 01-11-2018, 01:25 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Because in the OT there really isn't the permanent indwelling of the Spirit. He hadn't been sent by Jesus yet.

Don't much care what the KJV has. We have since found older, more reliable texts than what the KJV was translated off of.

How can an "it" be lied to, as in Acts 5?

It cant be lied to---God the Father asked the question. He wanted the answer--The Hs was just a go between. The answer returned to the Father as a lie.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
this is the error of Balaam. did you not know that the Spirit, whom you calls or term God is a plurality of himself? did you know that. not in Person, but in Spirit. yes, his "OWN" arm brought salvation to HIMSELF, see Isaiah 63:5. now, is God's own ARM a separate person from him?. or is your OWN ARM a separate entity from you. love to hear that answer.

PCY

Arm as in like--The long arm of the law??

Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
No. He isn't the Father. He is God the Son. Two of the three persons of the Godhead. They are not one person. And yes, God the Son submits to God the Father.

You are SOOOOOOOOO close but you can't quite make that jump.

I cant make the jump because I listen to Jesus-the only way--John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- so did Paul--1Cor 15:24-28, 2Cor 1:3

Old 01-11-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I cant make the jump because I listen to Jesus-the only way--John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- so did Paul--1Cor 15:24-28, 2Cor 1:3
Then you should believe what Jesus said about himself--that he's God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity