Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 08:15 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
While your version is one folded, I present an alternate solution. Apprehend the assailant without harm so he can face court charges. There is that option too. I do not accept this shoot to kill as a way to apprehend . I cannot be held accountable for an officer's judgement by using excessive or deadly force.
I'm not talking about shooting to arrest someone. I'm talking about he chased the assailant into a corner and the assailant pulls a gun and fires at the officer. Does not the officer has the right to defend himself and the public at large?

Old 03-16-2017, 04:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Radical Christianity has KILLED more people more often..
Considering that murder is NOT a tenet of Christianity, it wasn't Christianity that did it.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:25 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
I'm not talking about shooting to arrest someone. I'm talking about he chased the assailant into a corner and the assailant pulls a gun and fires at the officer. Does not the officer has the right to defend himself and the public at large?
Ohh I see...You believe an eye for an eye. Yes I've read of such archetype. Which is primarily what Jesus renounced.
We each can defend without deadly force... Even an officer. Since this is in the religious forum .I suspect the intent is to interpret how violence in today's society is supported when religious words ask of the faithfilled to live the words ..(hypocrisy?)

Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Ohh I see...You believe an eye for an eye. Yes I've read of such archetype. Which is primarily what Jesus renounced.
We each can defend without deadly force... Even an officer. Since this is in the religious forum .I suspect the intent is to interpret how violence in today's society is supported when religious words ask of the faithfilled to live the words ..(hypocrisy?)
I'm not exactly sure what is so hypocritical about my statement. Maybe we're talking pass each other. Here's my view on violence:

The Bibles allows lethal force in self defense and defensive war. The goal of each is not to kill, but to stop the threat. If the assailant dies then it's not of my concern. I also believe the Bible allows for the death penalty. After all "thou shalt not kill" is enforced with the taking of the person's life.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:03 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
So if I believe the story of Abraham heading out to kill his son, and I believe god has asked me to do the same..I should assume it is satan actually speaking to me but it was god speaking to Abraham?????

Old 03-17-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
So if I believe the story of Abraham heading out to kill his son, and I believe god has asked me to do the same..I should assume it is satan actually speaking to me but it was god speaking to Abraham?????
You most likely don't have the relationship with God to decern his voice. Plus he only did it once.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
You most likely don't have the relationship with God to decern his voice. Plus he only did it once.
Once that was recorded...Who are you to say god would not do it again? Did god promise to never ask for the killing of an offspring in the future?

If indeed god is the same and never changes, this is always an option...

As for a relationship....the things we talk about would probably wad many other peoples' hanes into a bunch...and who exactly are you to ASSume god does not speak to others?????

Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 AM

Oh and as for killing in the name of god as a service, why is it there are so many christians in the military KILLING others???

Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 AM

45,580 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Today (post death of Christ) - yes, it would be the influence of Satan.

Back then - it was a test... no one was killed... God had prepared the ram to be there already.

Quote:
Radical christianity is stuck in the 1 st century it seems...
What is radical Christianity?

Old 03-20-2017, 02:08 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Sometimes it is best to just nip a thread in the bud.
This one is "nipped'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity