U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 PM

2,569 posts, read 718,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are so wrong, Jesus said you could speak against him and the law and still be saved. People who accept Jesus don't speak against him, the ones who reject him speak against him. You can't even make the claim that you know what blaspheming the holy spirit means but it doesn't have anything to do with rejecting Jesus. You can't make a claim to have the holy spirit either because we all know that you can't work in any of the gifts of the spirit, you can't ask anything of God and expect to recieve it like the first disciples who had power to heal.

Perhaps blaspheming the Holy Spirit means that somebody is claiming to have the holy spirit when they don't in fact have the holy spirit, or perhaps blaspheming the holy spiriti is that you recieved it in those days and then you returned to your old life.

Whatever it means, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with rejecting Jesus and the fact that God is still gathering the Jews back to Israel testifies about this fact. The promises of Joel and many of the prophets testify of this because God is coming to judge all the nations in how they treated the Jews who don't believe in Jesus, and yet all nations will be judged in how they treated the children of God
Good point, particularly the bolded part which is quite scriptural.

I think blaspheming the Holy Spirit is when people who should know better say that God is like a terrible beast or worse than the most evil person on earth. That's what I believe it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 09:19 PM

383 posts, read 221,652 times
I am guilty of thinking God must be an evil beast, even though I know that it's absolutely false,if that makes sense.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:20 PM

2,827 posts, read 1,747,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I have been thinking a lot and suffering from anxiety for many years. I always strongly held a fear the world will be blown up or that I'll die, I can't go one day without thinking about it once. My anxiety about current affairs all began with the 2012 Mayan calender.Since then,I have feared stuff like nuclear war,mass chaos, etc.

My problem stems from my very strong fear of dying and not being able to have enjoyed things of this Earth. Like having a relationship and sexual intimacy, going to parties, all this. I have very odd circumstances that means I can't move immediately to get this stuff, so let's just leave it at that.

I know God says lust,even for your own partner is a great sin. I would lash out and say evil things about God because I see him as a cause of suffering and what's wrong in society. While I say I don't truly think he's evil, I can't stop the habit of saying these things and thinking about them in my head sometimes. I have another possible issue. My perspective of Heaven and God, mostly on sexuality,caused me to lose my appetite and enthusiasm for all things Christian or religion.

I still think of God as a protector in times of personal crisis. I don't know if I'm blaspheming the holy spirit or not.
Garbage thinking. I can tell even before reading the rest of the post.

The Bible is trying to teach you something, but it doesn't come out and say it. Because I believe in sparing people years of hard suffering (and possibly guilt-induced suicide), I do believe in coming out and saying it, even if it's the sort of thing you need to personally experience. There's time for that, I'll start you out.

Here's Hint #1: After the original Ten Commandments, the Bible mentions over 612 laws. Many of these appear to be completely arbitrary, and this is probably the point. The Law is an impossible standard to live up to. And it's this way on purpose.

Hint #2: The earlier parts of the Bible that mention adherence to Law are known as the Old Testament. While the sections from Jesus onward are the New Testament.

Hint #3: Jesus mentions not abolishing the Law and the Prophets but fulfilling them. These things are important, but there is something larger at work here.

Give up? Look up sections about grace. Lust for your partner is not a sin. Be faithful to your partner, keep in mind that a relationship is more than just sex, and forgive yourself.

For the record, this is what blaspheming the name of God means. "I have done something so horrible, that God will never forgive me." There, that's it. You've essentially said that you are able to do something to such a magnitude, that it is beyond the mercy and love of God. This is actually a type of arrogance that is couched as extreme self-pity. It can't be done. Likewise, it is not up to you that God tries again and again to extend grace to the worst sorts of people. The Muslim suicide bomber. The wife-beater down the street. The person who reminds you of what you used to be. You may hate this, but God gives them grace too.

http://www.daughterofthelilies.com/dotl/334

This is a webcomic I would recommend on this subject. I've skipped to the beginning of the relevant part (first two chapters are kinda in the middle of things, then they flashback).

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 03-11-2017 at 09:42 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I am guilty of thinking God must be an evil beast, even though I know that it's absolutely false,if that makes sense.
That is only because you are caught in the snare of ET preachers. It's not something you embrace with your heart, and the reason you are troubled is because you cannot embrace the ET God with your heart even though so many within Christianity insist that you must in order to be "right with God". Right? If so, then you need to listen to your heart, not the doctrines of men. God's love has been obscured from you by the horrible things people teach about his character.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:18 PM

2,827 posts, read 1,747,171 times
I like this, except I don't know what ET stands for. Eternal Torment?

Old 03-11-2017, 11:27 PM

37,341 posts, read 25,144,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
That is only because you are caught in the snare of ET preachers. It's not something you embrace with your heart, and the reason you are troubled is because you cannot embrace the ET God with your heart even though so many within Christianity insist that you must in order to be "right with God". Right? If so, then you need to listen to your heart, not the doctrines of men. God's love has been obscured from you by the horrible things people teach about his character.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:17 AM

26,099 posts, read 14,026,869 times
Quote:
What do you want with all of this?

Old 03-12-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I like this, except I don't know what ET stands for. Eternal Torment?
Correct.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:49 PM

383 posts, read 221,652 times
Yeah, I feel trapped. I just want a relationship, but I know Jesus made the point in the bible that relationships between men and women were meant for this Earth only. I can only explain my anxiety as tacitly as I can, now I just want help. Well, what if I don't get what I want on this Earth?

Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM

685 posts, read 263,371 times
Quote:
Yeah, I feel trapped.
I just want a relationship, Now I just want help. Well, what if I don't get what I want on this Earth?
When you talked... with Jesus about this, what was His response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or